Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Getting rid of mice forever

thegiver

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 11:18 pm
Is it possible? I hate them. It’s summer! I thought they only try to enter in the winter.

We have snap traps outside. Poison inside (child proof). Used to have rat zapper but that stopped working.

More ideas?

Cheiny

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 11:24 pm
thegiver wrote:
Is it possible? I hate them. It’s summer! I thought they only try to enter in the winter.

We have snap traps outside. Poison inside (child proof). Used to have rat zapper but that stopped working.

More ideas?

Get a cat. Smile

agreer

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 11:31 pm
Post a picture of R' Shayale of Kerestir on your walls. And get a new rat zapper.
Once the rats are zapped, do not take the picture down. That should do it.

(I did this firsthand - We had a mouse that we could not catch. Put up a pick of R' Shayala, caught it that night. We never took the picture down. Years later, our upstairs neighbors had mice and we didn't.)

Note: I'm of Hungarian background but not chassidish. I don't believe in a lot of segulos but I do in this one.

Lady A

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 11:35 pm
We had a horrible mouse problem when we moved in years ago. We adopted a stray cat and it’s a win win in every way.

imamommy5  

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 11:47 pm
The cleaning spray st moritz worked wonders. I sprayed it when we went away for the weekend haven't had a dropping since.

lamplighter

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 8:53 am
imamommy5 wrote:
The cleaning spray st moritz worked wonders. I sprayed it when we went away for the weekend haven't had a dropping since.

Where did you spray it?

imamommy5

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 11:45 am
lamplighter wrote:
Where did you spray it?

All the places I knew the nice had been. Along the walls. Inside the walls even down the sink. You need to be really careful though it's extremely toxic.

moto  

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 11:51 am
thegiver wrote:

More ideas?

Get an exterminator to close the holes

moto

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 11:52 am
agreer wrote:
Post a picture of R' Shayale of Kerestir on your walls. And get a new rat zapper.

(I did this firsthand - We had a mouse that we could not catch. Put up a pick of R' Shayala, caught it that night. We never took the picture down. Years later, our upstairs neighbors had mice and we didn't.)

Note: I'm of Hungarian background but not chassidish. I don't believe in a lot of segulos but I do in this one.

Didn't work for us

honey36

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 1:05 pm
Limited-time deal: Ten KiKi Ultrasonic Pest Repeller Plug-in Ultrasonic Repellent for Mice, Mouse, Mosquito, Insect, Spider, Bug, Ant, Cockroach, Rodents & Rats Indoor Use Repeller 6 Packs https://a.co/d/eVAaap9

These work but you need a lot of them. One in every small room/closet and 2-3 in large rooms. If there's no outlets, use extension cords if needed. Annoying but worth it. Never unplug them or mice will come back.

ETA: I don't have those exact ones I linked so can't vouch for them. think I bought mine at home Depot, but I would just get whatever has good reviews...

Ruchi

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 10:35 pm
Peppermint Oil Spray. You spray in all areas where mice are known to roam around and come out from. They can't stand that smell and it deters them and tney leave. Also Stuff steelwool into all entry points/holes.
You have to keep on spraying regularly. It also deters spiders and other horrible creatures

BH5

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 11:37 pm
Mouse proofing only done by an experienced exterminator!!

shoshana2

Post Tue, Jul 30 2024, 8:48 am
I have had a mouse problem every few years. I finally had an exterminator who offered to search and close all of the holes in my house for about $400 (I have a big house). I finally feel safe.

Mermaidinexile

Post Tue, Jul 30 2024, 9:00 am
We had a mouse problem and tried pretty much everything except for a cat because I'm allergic. The ONLY thing that works, as some posters mentioned, is closing up holes. You can pay an exterminator but you can do it better yourself. Use STEEL WOOL. Take small pieces and stuff it into every crack/ hole along your baseboards, under kitchen sink- everywhere. Mice can flatten their ribcage and get through the tiniest places. We did this years ago and the mouse problem completely disappeared. And we live in a building with a big mouse problem.

Success10

Post Tue, Jul 30 2024, 10:14 am
agreer wrote:

A bakery I frequent has a picture of R Shayale hanging on the wall. I sure hope it's working....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics