Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Getting rid of fruit flies in apartment building help

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 11:36 am
I live in an apartment building and there's little cracks in the windows and not such clean hallways, our super isn't good and little fruit flies come in so easily

I hate it and it's nasty, I try to clean and take out trash asap and never leave food out but I see stray tiny fruit flies or mosquitoes

Any tips for getting rid of them or putting something in the house that repels them? I try to spray them with bleach spray if I see them

giftedmom

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 11:45 am
No need for bleach windex or dish soap will kill insects and flies as well.
Cinnamon is supposed to repel them

amother
Holly  

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 11:56 am
I just has this problem, I bought some traps on Amazon. I also took little bowls of cider vinegar and a drop of dish soap, covered them with saran wrap and made holes in with a fork. I placed them near sinks and other places where there was food or I had seen them, ie kitchen island etc. Both were very effective in getting rid of them.

amother
Mintgreen

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 12:02 pm
amother Holly wrote:
I just has this problem, I bought some traps on Amazon. I also took little bowls of cider vinegar and a drop of dish soap, covered them with saran wrap and made holes in with a fork. I placed them near sinks and other places where there was food or I had seen them, ie kitchen island etc. Both were very effective in getting rid of them.

Which ones were more effective the traps from Amazon or the homemade with cider?

amother
  Holly

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 12:05 pm
amother Mintgreen wrote:
Which ones were more effective the traps from Amazon or the homemade with cider?

The homemade.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 12:07 pm
Apple cider vinegar

amother
Blushpink

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 12:09 pm
My teenage daughter googled it and she made homemade traps that worked even better than the store bought. It was a combination of apple juice and vinegar and she put it in a cup and she covered it with aluminum foil and poked some holes in it. It caught so many basically have no problem. Maybe Google to find the exact ratio.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry