Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Toddler screeching in agony for an hour after getting shots
Previous  1  2

amother
SandyBrown  

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 2:24 pm
amother Ultramarine wrote:
My 2 month old was inconsolable for a few hours after her shots yesterday also. This is far from my first kid and I never had any react like this. I gave her Tylenol and it helped eventually. It was so sad to see…I’m probably going to only give her one shot at a time from now on.
Please don't give your kid Tylenol after a shot. One dose of Tylenol depleted your liver's entire store of glutathione. The body and especially the brain relies on glutathione to help with the immune response and to clear out toxins introduced by the vaccine. Giving Tylenol after a shot greatly increases the risk of adverse reactions. Motrin is a much better option, but even better is to support the body using natural detoxification support and immune regulation support.

amother
Nemesia

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 2:27 pm
My dc shrieked hysterically after being vaxxed. Fast forward a few years. She was having some issues and was referred to a neurologist. We went to a Neuro in a mainstream big children's hospital. The Dr asked us if she's vaccinated. Then she said how was she after vaccines. We said it happened a few times that she was shrieking inconsolably afterward on and off and it took her a week or so to get back to herself. She said that is considered an adverse neurological reaction to a vaccine. Keep your eyes and ears wide open.

amother
Pear

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 2:36 pm
amother OP wrote:
She's up and nursing, BH!

I opted to give her 2 shots instead of the 4 they recommended. I don't think I should have split them up more. I think she would have been miserable each time even if it was just one. Today she got the pneumoccocal (I just made up a wonderful new way to spell that) and the DTaP. I don't know which one is bothering her so much, but hopefully she'll be over it soon.

I never give more than 1 at a time. Especially on a baby

amother
  SandyBrown  

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 2:43 pm
amother OP wrote:

I opted to give her 2 shots instead of the 4 they recommended. I don't think I should have split them up more. I think she would have been miserable each time even if it was just one. Today she got the pneumoccocal (I just made up a wonderful new way to spell that) and the DTaP. I don't know which one is bothering her so much, but hopefully she'll be over it soon.
DTaP is already 3. And pneomococcal has 13 strains. That's a whole lot of antigens for 1 little body to mount a response to all at once!

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 2:46 pm
amother OP wrote:

It’s probably the DTaP. That one’s painful. If she’s not shrieking anymore and just a little fussy, I wouldn’t be concerned.

Going forward, I’d recommend giving one at a time. Less likely to have side effects that way and if it happens again, you’ll know which one caused it.

amother
  Ultramarine  

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 4:47 pm
amother SandyBrown wrote:
Please don't give your kid Tylenol after a shot. One dose of Tylenol depleted your liver's entire store of glutathione. The body and especially the brain relies on glutathione to help with the immune response and to clear out toxins introduced by the vaccine. Giving Tylenol after a shot greatly increases the risk of adverse reactions. Motrin is a much better option, but even better is to support the body using natural detoxification support and immune regulation support.

I thought you shouldn’t give Tylenol before, but after was ok? I read that on a different thread here a while back…

amother
  Ultramarine

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 4:49 pm
amother OP wrote:

[b]

DTaP is painful

amother
  SandyBrown  

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 4:51 pm
amother Ultramarine wrote:
I thought you shouldn’t give Tylenol before, but after was ok? I read that on a different thread here a while back…
I try to avoid Tylenol in general, but especially before and after vaccines (and illnesses). You want to aggressively support the liver during such a time, not deplete it.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 4:52 pm
Just saying....my sister is a pediatrician. She once had a grandmother (anti-vax) call and scream at her that the child was crying and inconsolable after a shot. Child's Mom told her the next day he cut a tooth.
More than one thing can be going on in a young child simultaneously.

amother
  Wheat

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 5:40 pm
Chayalle wrote:
Just saying....my sister is a pediatrician. She once had a grandmother (anti-vax) call and scream at her that the child was crying and inconsolable after a shot. Child's Mom told her the next day he cut a tooth.
More than one thing can be going on in a young child simultaneously.

I second that!!!
My granddaughter was hysterical at her new daycamp and her mother was going crazy about the morah. (She hadn't made a good impression at orientation!) The next day she had hand foot and mouth disease and fever.
After she got better she loved going to her morah for the rest of the summer.

amother
Tulip

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 5:49 pm
Some shots are more painful and some kids are more dramatic.
I have one child that didn't even wince from getting shots.
The one under him gets hysterical anytime a Dr/nurse comes near her and it will continue for the rest of the day. (Urgent care thought she had meningitis coz anytime they touched her neck she screamed-only place they tried touching and when I said she screams for all drs they made me touch her and she continued screaming, it was a UTI so had nothing to do with pain from touching, she continued screaming until she fell asleep on the way to the hospital)

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 6:46 pm
There’s a reason I stopped giving my kids shots. My first few are fully vaccinated but I learnt the hard way

It’s important to space them apart if you choose to give shots.
And detox since there’s high levels of toxins in there according to the inserts

I hope your baby feels better refua shelaima

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 7:02 pm
Dtap hurts. I'm sure she'll be fine though. She might be sore for a couple of days.

(Going to do this soon.
-former antivaxer)

amother
  Bottlebrush

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 7:54 pm
What are safer ways to give shots besides one at a time? What does it mean to detox?

amother
  SandyBrown

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 8:28 pm
amother Bottlebrush wrote:
What are safer ways to give shots besides one at a time? What does it mean to detox?
Not give them at all lol.
It's possible to support the body in dealing with it better to try and prevent adverse reactions but it's really impossible to fully detox from a vaccine because once the immune response is turned on its impossible to turn it off.

amother
Tuberose

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 8:32 pm
health food stores sell supplements to help avoid side effects from vaccines
They shouldn't be constipated or feeling unwell before

amother
Gladiolus  

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 12:55 pm
amother OP wrote:
She is a very sensitive kid. The first time she got shots, she did scream pretty much the rest of the day. But since then, she has had shots without reacting this badly.

She is usually a very light sleeper who wakes up at the slightest sound or touch. She is still sleeping now, and she did not budge when I moved her hands. So I got nervous and picked her up. She moved then and went back to sleeping on my shoulder. I put her back in the crib and she didn't seem to notice. That is very unusual for her.

Now I'm worried she's sleeping too deeply. How do I know if she's okay without actually waking her up?

Does she have other issues? Speech, developmental delays, need OT, etc.?
This sounds more like an inability to move on than anything else. It could be that she still "feels" it but it is psychosomatic, sort of.

It is common in kids with SPD or ASD. I have SPD and sometimes I "feel" something gross on my foot even though I've taken it off and washed my foot. I have to concentrate and really remind myself that it is not on my foot, it is in my head and I need to relax.

About what to do next time, I make it fun for my kids. I remind them that the shot is more fun than the disease and every time they get a needle, whether for a blood test or a vaccine, I remind them that afterwards whoever cooperated gets a treat and chocolate milk (or whatever other treat they want, within reason of course). So even at age 2 they didn't dread it and by the first grade shots they looked forward to the vaccine and buying their own treat (they get to hand the money to the cashier if they want). Maybe they don't like it but they cooperate and by the time they get home they are happy. And this is for my ASD kids as well as my NT kids.

But I would strongly suspect that a child reacting the way yours did, if it's not an actual allergic reaction, should be seen at an early childhood evaluation center.

If I would be betting money I'd bet that if someone pushes your child she cries for longer than she "should" based on how hard the push was, a tiny pinch hurts for half an hour, and anything bigger is an even bigger deal, because she's so sensitive. And I'd also bet that she takes changes or changes in schedule very hard.

amother
  Gladiolus

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 1:02 pm
I gave my four months old only one shot and she was literally miserable for a full 5 days. Not sure how to proceed going forward

Which shot was it?
Remember teething takes a long time and at four months many kids have already started teething. Quite a few times we've given a vaccine and had a fever spike the next day and then a week later there's the tooth poking out.

Give the vaccines going forward, just give painkiller and try not to vaccinate if you think she's incubating something - wait until she feels better.

Remember that if she was miserable from the shot she's going to be ten times more miserable from the disease itself. You really DON'T want your kid getting polio or pertussis. I have siblings who weren't vaxxed for pertussis and when they caught it it was awful. We're talking three whole months of misery.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics