Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
How many ASD kids do you have? How many Neurotypical childre
1  2  3  Next

How many ASD children do you have?
 66%  [ 32 ]
 22%  [ 11 ]
 4%  [ 2 ]
4+  
 6%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 48

amother
OP  

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 7:55 am
I have 2 kids and my 1st has HFASD. I'm suspecting my toddler is too Crying
Is it a given that my future children will also be autistic?? Dh and I are both Neurotypical. I'm curious whether most people have more that 1 child with ASD.

amother
Buttercup  

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 7:56 am
1 but I don’t think dc has it even tho I suspected it. Maybe adhd.

amother
Kiwi  

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 8:01 am
None, but my husband and his mom both have ASD and I'm scared to have another baby because of this!

I have only girls. I think it's more common in boys.

amother
Ultramarine  

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 8:02 am
Probably 2. One has a diagnosis. The other needs the psychologist to do the tests... I got one almost neurotippie though. So boring! And a toddler who is 2 young to tell.

amother
Pewter  

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 8:14 am
3/4
I wanted a large family but we aren't having anymore children. Or should I say we can't handle any more ND children, since the odd seem against us, were done.

amother
Magnolia

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 8:34 am
One asd
One genetic disorder
One neurotypical

amother
Glitter

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 8:38 am
One and one
But my NT child has sensory issues as well

amother
Hosta

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 8:40 am
One ASD/ADHD/reading and writing learning disabilities

One ADHD/ODD/anxiety/depression/social communication disorder (as of evaluation in first grade; he’s going into 6th grade now so he is getting a new evaluation soon)

One neurotypical (so far), but she’s growing up in this insane and chaotic environment with a mom who is trying to hold it together so yay

DH never diagnosed but he and his father are so classically Asperger’s, as is my (diagnosed) brother, so I know they get the genes from both sides.

amother
Poppy

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 9:12 am
Me and dh are autistic. We have one 3 year old and one on the way. He might have ADHD but definitely not ASD. It's my first so I don't know what a neurotypical 3 yr old boy acts, he seems like he has less of an attention span and has more energy than his peers but that's it.

Kiwi13  

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 9:21 am
Two of my children have ASD, one child is neurotypical. Then again, I’m autistic. B”H everyone has what they need and is doing well.

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 9:23 am
I am NT. No diagnoses. In therapy to deal with chaos that is my life and therapist said she can't find anything to diagnose me with to get insurance to cover.

Husband has ADHD, ASD, depression, anxiety.
Kid 1: ASD, ADHD
Kid 2: adhd
Kid 3: NT hopefully.

I didn't know husband had all of that when we got married. Some came later on in Marriage.

I can't cope.

amother
Almond

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 9:25 am
At what age do symptoms emerge?

amother
Carnation

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 9:43 am
8 NT 1 HFASD
The doctors suspect that the ASD was due to lack of oxygen at birth.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 9:59 am
My oldest (16) has HFASD, was originally diagnosed at age 2 with Asperger's. He's in a mainstream school and sleep away camp, and doing really well. Years and years of therapy to get us to this point, and I'm sure we'll need more help in the future.

#2 is neurotypical.

#3 probably has ADHD, but is smart, adorable, athletic, good natured and highly motivated, so he compensates really well and we have yet to get him an official diagnosis. Probably will need it eventually.

#3 & #4 are neurotypical.

My husband has ADHD and is the most wonderful, mature, loving husband I could ask for.

I'm neurotypical, but had learning disabilities as a kid and remember being very disorganized and confused. Like I never knew what pasuk we were learning, never could remember all my supplies, lost lots of coats and hair accessories and school books. Very poor executive functioning. I thankfully kind of figured these things out as a young teen, and I have no trouble being productive and organized as an adult. I'm also a bit of a loner. I wonder if little-kid me would get a DX if I was being raised now. Probably.

amother
Honey  

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 10:12 am
There are things you can do to decrease your chances with future children, but they're not mainstream.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 10:39 am
My kids don’t have Asd but almost all them have a different Delay or learning disability I Find someone who’s kids all have the same disability have a plan and I’m figuring it all out again each time because they all have a different diagnosis it’s not easy for one or 2 I am hoping It will be easier on us there’s no more schooling . The outhers who knows one is still young but definitely something there

amother
  Kiwi

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 11:06 am
amother Honey wrote:
There are things you can do to decrease your chances with future children, but they're not mainstream.

Like what?

amother
Snapdragon

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 11:12 am
I dont knownif my child has it. He probably does but I just focus on addressing weaknesses and focusing on strengths.

amother
  Buttercup

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 11:14 am
amother Honey wrote:

Like what ? My mil has Asperger’s.

amother
Vanilla

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 11:37 am
I have two with both asd and adhd, one with just adhd, and one toddler who already has sensory issues and is a very difficult toddler, so I'm sure we will get a diagnosis down the line. Dh has both asd and adhd, I was never diagnosed but probably have adhd. So that's probably why the kids are how they are. We will not be having more children, the 4 that we have take the energy of 8, and we just can't roll the dice again and have likely another challenging child.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)