Who is buying the $60 kids pajamas??
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP  

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 9:27 am
Just curious. Why on earth would you get such expensive pajamas

simcha12plus

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 9:38 am
We live in a varied community. There are lots of people who have the money for it.
They really aren’t thinking about the price much.
They also don’t need to think much about the price.
Or, $60 became their norm and so that is what they are paying

amother
Lemonlime  

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 9:39 am
people with more money than sense!

amother
Winterberry

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 9:42 am
Because they’re cute , wash well and the legs don’t get all baggy the longer they wear them. Plus I have the money to.

amother
White  

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 9:44 am
If you have money it’s easier to just buy what you like and see and not spend hours running around looking for cheap. Time is money. Growing up we went to one store and just got what they had since money wasn’t an issue. Now I spend way too many hours running here and there or ordering online and spending hours running around to return it. I’d really rather shopping not take up this much of my life and if I had money to spend I’d buy the $60 pajamas and make my life a lot easier.

amother
  White  

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 9:45 am
amother Lemonlime wrote:
people with more money than sense!

No need to be rude.

watergirl  

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 10:01 am
Per this site, I am the only one who doesn't buy pajama sets or even official pajamas at all (which is obviously not true but you'd think it was by this site). My kids sleep in whatever camp tshirt they grabbed that night and a soft pair of shorts. I do buy a few pairs of pajama pants from Target every now and then. I also sleep in a camp tshirt (thanks to my husband's massive collection) and target pajama pants.

What is a $60 pajama set for kids?

I confess to being obsessed with Bama Rush Tiktok (I can't look away!) so of course I know the Roller Rabbit sets for $140, but that's cheap for those people.

amother
Seafoam

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 10:09 am
watergirl wrote:
Per this site, I am the only one who doesn't buy pajama sets or even official pajamas at all (which is obviously not true but you'd think it was by this site). My kids sleep in whatever camp tshirt they grabbed that night and a soft pair of shorts. I do buy a few pairs of pajama pants from Target every now and then. I also sleep in a camp tshirt (thanks to my husband's massive collection) and target pajama pants.

What is a $60 pajama set for kids?

I confess to being obsessed with Bama Rush Tiktok (I can't look away!) so of course I know the Roller Rabbit sets for $140, but that's cheap for those people.

Check out the company Little Parni. I'm assuming that's what OP is referring to.

watergirl  

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 10:12 am
amother Seafoam wrote:
Check out the company Little Parni. I'm assuming that's what OP is referring to.

Super cute for sure. If I had the money, why not?

Personally, pajamas are the last thing I really spend money on or value (comfort is king for me for pajamas!). It's the one article of clothing no one sees, you wear it when you sleep, so the look of the item is not at all important, it's how it feels. Because who is seeing you?

But I am not everyone. I know some people value the look, they like sets, etc. If you have the money and it's important to you, enjoy it!

watergirl  

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 10:16 am
amother White wrote:
If you have money it’s easier to just buy what you like and see and not spend hours running around looking for cheap. Time is money. Growing up we went to one store and just got what they had since money wasn’t an issue. Now I spend way too many hours running here and there or ordering online and spending hours running around to return it. I’d really rather shopping not take up this much of my life and if I had money to spend I’d buy the $60 pajamas and make my life a lot easier.

So, where I come from (mentally, not literally), pajamas is the easiest thing to deal with, it does not complicate my life at all. Camp tshirt, comfy pants/shorts, DONE. I can't relate at all to running around looking for pajamas if it takes up this much brain space. It's the literal EASIEST thing to buy for your kid. No shopping around, buying or returning required unless it's something that YOU ENJOY doing.

But from your post, it's clear you don't love the hunt for the perfect pair of pajamas, so why are you doing it? Target is super cheap.

amother
  White

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 10:20 am
watergirl wrote:
So, where I come from (mentally, not literally), pajamas is the easiest thing to deal with, it does not complicate my life at all. Camp tshirt, comfy pants/shorts, DONE. I can't relate at all to running around looking for pajamas if it takes up this much brain space. It's the literal EASIEST thing to buy for your kid. No shopping around, buying or returning required unless it's something that YOU ENJOY doing.

But from your post, it's clear you don't love the hunt for the perfect pair of pajamas, so why are you doing it? Target is super cheap.

My kids have always had preferences. From 2 years old, they want only this color or a design like xyz. And other than price I don’t set rules because I don’t want more rules in their life and I want them to express themselves and be happy. Also my kids aren’t easy sizes. So there is tons of returning and trying. But the more expensive stuff fits better, and has nice designs my kids like so it would just check our boxes and make my life easy.

amother
Sienna

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 10:21 am
For some it doubles as a Friday night 'outfit/robe' so they justify the expense.

watergirl  

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 10:22 am
amother White wrote:
My kids have always had preferences. From 2 years old, they want only this color or a design like xyz. And other than price I don’t set rules because I don’t want more rules in their life and I want them to express themselves and be happy. Also my kids aren’t easy sizes. So there is tons of returning and trying. But the more expensive stuff fits better, and has nice designs my kids like so it would just check our boxes and make my life easy.

Gotcha. Personally, for pajamas, the fit doesn't matter very much at all. But that's personally. Whatever works for you!

giftedmom  

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 10:25 am
amother OP wrote:
Just curious. Why on earth would you get such expensive pajamas

Because the fabric is amazing and my kids love them

amother
Moonstone  

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 10:40 am
I’ve never been rich enough to be able to comprehend spending so much. Target has such comfy and cute pajamas, we stock up there for a few bucks. I actually get compliments from my family about them when they see her in pjs.

I would probably still buy target pajamas if I was rich because I love them but who knows I guess.

amother
Pearl

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 10:41 am
The fabric is soft as butter.
It’s used as shabbos pajamas
You can size up and use it 2 plus years. (And then pass it down)

amother
Firebrick

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 10:42 am
I’d buy fancy pjs if I could afford it
Not a fan of the parni ones though

amother
Tan

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 10:44 am
I don’t think it’s any different than a shabbos robe for a girl. My little comes come to the table Friday night in PJs so would like them to look have decent.

amother
Bone  

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 10:49 am
amother White wrote:

It takes zero effort and time to find pajamas that are not $60. Most pajamas are not even remotely close to that cost. Seriously... this is not about running around finding the absolute cheapest thing and wasting time.

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 11:03 am
amother Moonstone wrote:
I’ve never been rich enough to be able to comprehend spending so much. Target has such comfy and cute pajamas, we stock up there for a few bucks. I actually get compliments from my family about them when they see her in pjs.

I would probably still buy target pajamas if I was rich because I love them but who knows I guess.

I live in an upper middle class MO neighborhood, we all love target kids clothes.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics