Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Spending money for kids in Shuk Machane Yehuda
Previous  1  2

notshanarishona

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 12:53 am
It sounds like enough $ although they will have to budget a little. I am not sure you will find enough to keep busy in the shuk all day.

imaima  

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 12:56 am
I think 6 hours is over the top.
In 6 hours I would load on food in the shuk, walk down the Yaffa street and go to Kotel, taking my time.

I think 30 dollars is not a lot for the shuk, but it’s a nice chunk and the parents can supplement. This food will fill them up for a long time…

ora_43  

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 1:13 am
kenz wrote:
I want to go and try every single thing mentioned!!!

Even living in Israel and getting to go several times a year, food is always a big part of the Jerusalem experience. It's not just the shuk there are also a lot of amazing restaurants downtown.

The food is good up north, too, but it's like, hummus, pasta, sushi, fish... the classics. Last few times I was in Jerusalem I had arepas, basari kenafe, a kosher version of sausage pizza, injera with lentil sauce.

... I'm making myself hungry. Point is, yes, Jerusalem food is amazing.

(Although up north we have kosher Druze food, which is one of the few things I didn't see in Jerusalem yet, and is definitely worth trying.)

Bnei Berak 10

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 1:37 am
imaima wrote:
I think 6 hours is over the top.
In 6 hours I would load on food in the shuk, walk down the Yaffa street and go to Kotel, taking my time.

I think 30 dollars is not a lot for the shuk, but it’s a nice chunk and the parents can supplement. This food will fill them up for a long time…

6 hours allocated as far too much

mochamix18

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 1:51 am
I know this is about the shuk. When they go to the Kosel they should do Live The Bible. You can take “Tanach pictures” or do the old city escape room

ora_43

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 1:53 am
Agreed re: the time, 2-3 hours in the shuk would be plenty, even taking into account time in line and eating.

But the shuk is close to downtown and to Mea Shearim, and also close to Gan Sacher, a big park with playgrounds and such. So they should be able to find what to do in the area if they get bored. (especially since it sounds like OP's kid knows the area pretty well)

sub  

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 2:27 am
Mimoones is a great small pareve place on agripas near the shuk.
Also the closed shuk is interesting but could get a little claustrophobic on thursday and friday

imaima

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 4:37 am
sub wrote:
Mimoones is a great small pareve place on agripas near the shuk.
Also the closed shuk is interesting but could get a little claustrophobic on thursday and friday

It’s anxiety inducing for me. I personally cannot relax enough in there. I am always scared of losing my kids, pickpocketing, paying too much etc

tehilap

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 5:14 am
I love this conversation, its making me so hungry. I'm going to the shuk next week anyway so this is perfect timing They should go to park teddy,that whole iria is realy nice.

sub

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 5:52 pm
Davidka area ( on yaffo) has a flea market every Thursday.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions