Forum -> Working Women
What do you want to see more/different in Kids clothes
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
  Bluebonnet

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 12:20 pm
amother OP wrote:
Exactly this lol

So yea, I'd be willing to pay a bit more to get quality pieces. Anywhere in the ballpark of Lil legs, maybe even a bit more. I know that so many other people would be willing to do the same. Some of the cheaper items literally come apart after washing.

amother
Bone

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 12:24 pm
amother Denim wrote:
Exactly. You're not going to get gorgeous styles and top quality materials if you don't want to go beyond Tottini prices.

FTR, Tottini started out ordering from Ali for the frum community before it was a "thing" to order from China. Then they started making their own styles, but yeh, you're not going to get the same quality when you're paying $18/dress.

You can't have it all, people.

Unfortunately Totini is nowhere near$18 a dress anymore

BusyBoys

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 12:35 pm
amother Mint wrote:
Another vote for another tottini kind of store.

I personally would love to see more youthful styles. My kids love when there are pictures on their clothes (hearts, stars, rainbows, animals, food, letters). I got my toddler tops from zara and they had adorable little crocheted fruits, and other summery things. Classy, not cheesy or dweeb, and FUN for kids. I would love more prints too. And more vibrant colors. Kids clothes should be fun!

Editing to add- I think there a market for this. There is a top and dress that tottini put out for fall with little shapes on it. Nothing massively exciting but a little more interesting than usual and it was sold out so fast!

Those pieces look like a watered down version of Stella McCartney which I love.
Stella can be a bit much at times, and not very affordable but that vibe

pizzapie

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 3:41 pm
I would love to see more options for preteens. My daughter is very petite and thin and really dislikes matching the younger kids in the neighborhood. There are very limited options (specifically for shabbos but also for weekday). I'm talking about size 10 and up, lots of the teen sizes we've seen only start at size 12-14 which is not small enough. Affordable would be great too but I think that, overall, there is a need for more options for larger kids/ preteen sizes and I would be willing to pay more.

amother
Hosta

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 3:49 pm
Skirts for little girls.
Also thicker material by the knees pants for boys. Especially the littles

amother
Rainbow

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 3:51 pm
For girls, that skirts and dresses cover their knees when seated.
For boys, looser fit in the pants legs.

synthy

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 4:12 pm
I haven’t seen anyone mention prices. Here's what I consider affordable as a mom of toddler boy:
Tops - up to $25
Leggings - up to $10
Pants - up to $20
Shabbos outfit - up to $50

Realistically I usually spend less than this, but if it’s cuter than other brands this is as much as I’m willing to spend.

As long as it lasts a season, I don’t care so much about quality. It doesn’t fit more than one season anyway, and in order to pass it down my next kid has to be same gender and close enough in age to still be stylish and the same size the right season, which they’re not. And it takes up so much storage space.

zaq

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 5:22 pm
Please stop with the black clothes for kids. It doesn't make them look dignified--as if a baby can or needs to look dignified?--it makes them look like orphans or Lev Tahor children ch"v.

smile4ever

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 6:54 pm
Clothes for boys that look like it's meant for a boy. No leggings, frills, lace, tights etc

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 10:03 pm
Skirts and dresses that cover the kids knees!! It bothers me so much that frum companies make the dresses and skirts so short that I need to size up so it can cover my average height daughter’s knees! Let’s not forget who we are manufacturing this clothing for!

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 10:43 pm
Something tells me that most of these suggestions are not going to make a very well selling brand. Sorry ladies, most of the things that get grabbed off the shelf are not of the practical kind.

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 10:47 pm
amother DarkMagenta wrote:
Something tells me that most of these suggestions are not going to make a very well selling brand. Sorry ladies, most of the things that get grabbed off the shelf are not of the practical kind.

This 😂 all these suggestions are adding up to some ugly carters like clothing.

amother
Oatmeal  

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 8:12 am
More colors!

amother
  Oatmeal

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 8:14 am
Girls skirts with an adjustable waistband (elastic with a buttonhole kind of thing)! They make pants for boys with adjustable waistbands.

But my dd is thin and has long legs - everything is either too short if it fits the waist, or falling off at the waist if the length is right.

renslet

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 8:35 am
I would love an option that I can wash and DRY in the machine. I hate that sometimes even pajamas from Jewish stores need to be hang dried

amother
Poppy

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 8:47 am
Agree re skirts that cover knees, and elastic or adjustable waists. Also 3/4 sleeves that will cover the elbow on tall girls (and/or convince the stores to carry long sleeve during the spring!), and have extra fabric from scraps available to buy/order for the dresses to lengthen. And dresses for preteens in sizes for girls who are already adult sized but not adult shaped, and still want to look like their friends. And more Shabbos tops and skirts that can be mixed and matched on sizes and worn together for a dress look.

Trademark

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 9:14 am
amother Tangerine wrote:
This 😂 all these suggestions are adding up to some ugly carters like clothing.

I don't know why Carter's got such a reputation, they have tons of cute options.

Personally I don't think there is a need for a Jewish baby clothing line as there are tons of cheap options.

amother
Tan

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 9:22 am
I don't buy much from Jewish shops because I can never find stuff I like.
I want clear and consistent sizing, why is my 18 month old toddler in 4T from Jewish brands and 12-18 mo from H&M?
I also like bright and fun colours, fun motifs and prints.
Natural materials only.
No shrinking fabrics.
I'm happy to pay mid range for nice clothes but nowhere near $100 per outfit please.

amother
  Denim

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 12:19 pm
amother Bone wrote:
Unfortunately Totini is nowhere near$18 a dress anymore

That only makes my point stronger, that you're asking the impossible of OP.

Magnolia72

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 11:18 pm
Affordable clothing.
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics