Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
What do you want to see more/different in Kids clothes
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
  Aster

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 8:09 am
amother Cyan wrote:
I don't need expensive looking. I prefer cheap because kids grow so fast. I do want less beige, brown and black. Color shouldn't affect price. Accurate sizing shouldn't affect price.

About free returns- if you live out of town you can't find tzniyus clothing easily. So the ability to return is critical.

Manufacturers choose colors that are popular so the items will sell. Let's say you like purple but most people dont...they can't afford to make a run of purple and have tons that won't sell.

If you want returns why should the manufacturer or store have to pay for that...that's an expense that's on you because you live out of town...they can't afford that and will just build it in the price so that everything is more expensive for everyone. Nobody pays my gas and meters when I drive to the store. Or car service fee. Why should they pay your return shipping?

amother
Nectarine

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 8:14 am
Boys clothes that look less feminine. No tights in the winter. Shorts and pants that look normal on a big, broad kid. Coordinating rather than matchy matchy not just for boys/girls but also across ages.

amother
Charcoal

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 8:14 am
More fun cute colors. Really wanted something like that for shabbos this winter for my girls, but most dresses were grey, blues and muted plaids and florals. No fun prints or brighter designs

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 8:16 am
Size inclusive!
There are very few brands that cater to chubbier girls (I don't know enough about the boys market) and there's a real need.
At a cheaper/mid-level range

amother
Banana

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 8:48 am
I'm a babysitter.
This summer especially so much clothing was really difficult for changing.
I spent so much time removing full outfits and fighting with wiggly kids trying to restrap straps.
Overalls that have one button on each shoulder or just on one shoulder, ribbed pieces that have three snaps in the back for kids wearing shoes, a romper with 3 buttons just by the neck, stretchies with buttons not snaps along the legs.
I would want that all clothing until size 3T has easy on and off options.

amother
Lightgray

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 8:55 am
amother Denim wrote:
Not to burst your bubble but this sounds just like Tottini. How will your brand stand out?

We can totally use another store like tottini. She doesn’t need to stand out more than that

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 9:05 am
I don’t know if this was said yet
Boys clothing that don’t look too feminine

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 9:08 am
amother Lightgray wrote:
We can totally use another store like tottini. She doesn’t need to stand out more than that
Yes! Another tottini please. I need more options.

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 9:40 am
I really don’t like the elastic around the sleeve look, many times it so uncomfortable.
This season most dresses are made like that, can someone please tell the companies to stop.
Thank you!

amother
  Petunia

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 9:51 am
amother Banana wrote:
I'm a babysitter.
This summer especially so much clothing was really difficult for changing.
I spent so much time removing full outfits and fighting with wiggly kids trying to restrap straps.
Overalls that have one button on each shoulder or just on one shoulder, ribbed pieces that have three snaps in the back for kids wearing shoes, a romper with 3 buttons just by the neck, stretchies with buttons not snaps along the legs.
I would want that all clothing until size 3T has easy on and off options.

I'm not a babysitter but I agree. Its ridiculous to have to remove a toddlers romper for every diaper change. Or even when they're toilet trained.

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 9:57 am
amother Coral wrote:
I don’t know if this was said yet
Boys clothing that don’t look too feminine

Absolutely agreed

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 10:00 am
I’d appreciate for the newborn stages, a super comfortable sleeper, easy for diaper changing, cozy zippered footie. Carter’s idea, but high end looking.
Didn’t see anything like that in local stores…
Most things sold aren’t super convenient for newborns with all the snaps
But I do love the Jewish styles
So a beautiful combo would do😉

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 10:00 am
Another vote for another tottini kind of store.

I personally would love to see more youthful styles. My kids love when there are pictures on their clothes (hearts, stars, rainbows, animals, food, letters). I got my toddler tops from zara and they had adorable little crocheted fruits, and other summery things. Classy, not cheesy or dweeb, and FUN for kids. I would love more prints too. And more vibrant colors. Kids clothes should be fun!

Editing to add- I think there a market for this. There is a top and dress that tottini put out for fall with little shapes on it. Nothing massively exciting but a little more interesting than usual and it was sold out so fast!

doodlesmom

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 10:04 am
I like simpler styles, and less fabric on younger girls…
Don’t overcomplicate the style, and no need for 3 piece outfits….long sleeve dresses for winter- so no shell, skirt, sweater, jumper, etc…

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 10:41 am
I would love clothing for kids with a good fit and quality- it should wash and wear well. As well as comfortable to wear. Style-wise, I would love to see classy with some flair, it should be sweet and child-friendly but not messy. I love a touch of the vintage feel. I wonder if it would be possible to create some classy basics for Shabbos with a cardigan or vest option to add on to make it look more dressy when going out. Basically, a 2 in 1 option. For Shabbos, I would be ok spending a mid-range price like lil legs. For weekdays I would appreciate lower prices. I usually shop at Zara, Next, and Gap for that reason.

amother
  Denim  

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 11:14 am
amother Aster wrote:
I think ppl are so unrealistic....cheap clothing that looks expensive and free returns etc... how do you think this is realistic or sustainable for the manufacturer? A Jewish woman designing clothing on her own can't compete with children's place/walmart pricing while giving you the expensive look you want. I fully respect kidichic and totinni for being so reasonable especially during sales.

Exactly. You're not going to get gorgeous styles and top quality materials if you don't want to go beyond Tottini prices.

FTR, Tottini started out ordering from Ali for the frum community before it was a "thing" to order from China. Then they started making their own styles, but yeh, you're not going to get the same quality when you're paying $18/dress.

You can't have it all, people.

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 11:30 am
I know a lot of people struggle when they want their kids to match but one is chubbier and one is slimmer.
If you can create a slim fit and a normal fit I think a lot of people would pay extra
Even if it means they coordinate instead of being exact match

amother
Chicory

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 11:40 am
amother Denim wrote:
Not to burst your bubble but this sounds just like Tottini. How will your brand stand out?

Tottini tends to repeat the stuff from previous seasons with small tweaks and tends to be very basic and plain - I would love something like Tottini that is a little more prints and zing. Notice that Tottini always sells out the prints when it comes to the end of season sale - I think there is a real market for this.

I think there is totally space for another Tottini style brand - affordable, decent quality, up to date, but practical.

amother
Junglegreen

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 11:46 am
Tottino quality but for girls and boys separate- no coordinating. I want my girls to look like girls - the styles should be girly or feminine. I did very well at lil legs for winter this season for weekday, but it was kind of expensive- 38-48 per weekday dress. But they had adorable feminine stuff.

amother
  Bluebonnet  

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 12:17 pm
amother OP wrote:
I also find lil legs to be pretty reasonable. But no, it’s not like tottini price wise
Ok so I wouldn’t say I’m specifically catering to heimish, yeshivish, chassidish
That being said, I am looking to make classy clothing- I don’t like logos and words splashed across the chest I find the look unrefined, don’t like bathing suit rompers, I don’t like tight legging shorts that look like underwear (whats wrong with regular shorts?!), I don’t like too much brown or black for kids. so I feel that regardless it’ll end up catering to many different kinds of people

Yup! Oh, and here's another biggie for me. Come up with your own styles and don't copy the high end brands. So many of the newer companies I've seen in the stores this season are knockoffs and near copies of high end designers. Why? It feels so tacky to me.
Page 4 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics