Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Best meat for y"t
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Amelia Bedelia

Post Yesterday at 9:18 pm
Standing rib roast is an excellent cut of meat. It's very flavorful so it doesn't need much. Season and bake on high until brown, then lower temp and cover and bake for few hours until it's ready. It's expensive though

Mommyg8  

Post Yesterday at 9:19 pm
If you like rare meat, london broil is a real favorite in my house. I just sprinkle salt and garlic powder, poke well with fork and broil on each side, but there are probably other recipes using marinade. We LOVE it this way.

Easy and delicious.

amother
Daphne

Post Yesterday at 9:21 pm
amother Nutmeg wrote:
French roast I saute onion carrots and parnip in a large pot.add roast. Sear on both sides. Add 1-2 cups red wine. Cook for 3- 4 hours on a low flame. Cool. Slice. I take off fat from the sauce and blend. Serve with sauce.

Nothing like French roast! Be prepared to pay more per lb than any other cut.

amother
Butterscotch  

Post Yesterday at 9:25 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
If you like rare meat, london broil is a real favorite in my house. I just sprinkle salt and garlic powder, poke well with fork and broil on each side, but there are probably other recipes using marinade. We LOVE it this way.

Easy and delicious.

Can these be broiled in advance and frozen?

amother
  DarkGray  

Post Yesterday at 9:31 pm
tweety1 wrote:
Meanwhile I have:
Pickled tongue
Capons
Pickled chuck eye roast

Preparing now mains for chol homoed too. I hate cooking chol homoed. It's my mini vacation from the kitchen. Just my craze not halacha

These two are delicious. From Ahuva and Chayalle.

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....05531

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....71731

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Yesterday at 9:46 pm
amother DarkGray wrote:
Our best is
Corned beef 2nd cut
Pickled tongue
Pickled dark chicken roast
Medium roast beef with silver tip
Skirt steak

How do you make the silver tip? I tried doing it low and slow but it was dry. Medium sounds good but then it must be made fresh?

amother
  Sage  

Post Yesterday at 9:50 pm
amother Saddlebrown wrote:
How do you make the silver tip? I tried doing it low and slow but it was dry. Medium sounds good but then it must be made fresh?

Yes, needs to be fresh.

amother
  DarkGray  

Post Yesterday at 10:00 pm
amother Saddlebrown wrote:

Broil 7 minutes per lb immediately before YT. Shut oven do not open door don't even peek. Keep closed 2.5 hours. Serve at main course fresh from oven.

amother
  Sage  

Post Yesterday at 10:05 pm
amother DarkGray wrote:
Broil 7 minutes per lb immediately before YT. Close oven do not open door. Keep closed 2.5 hours. Serve at main course fresh from oven.

Wow sounds yum.

Mommyg8

Post Yesterday at 10:17 pm
amother Butterscotch wrote:
Can these be broiled in advance and frozen?

I've broiled it in advance and refrigerated, then warmed up. I've never frozen after broiling, I'm not sure if that would work.

Chayalle  

Post Yesterday at 10:31 pm
tweety1 wrote:
Yussi weisz has a delicious delicious flanken roast recipe but it has to be made fresh. It's on schedule but not sure if I will get to it.

My favorite way to make Flanken Roast is to overnight it in a low and slow oven. Since I leave mine on for YT, I often make an overnight flanken roast that way - I put it in right before I go to sleep, and I take it out when I wake up (early, so it won't be overdone). I find it's always soft and succulent that way.
I have tried his recipe insofar as the sauce, but I prefer a slow bake method.

Chayalle  

Post Yesterday at 10:35 pm
BTW we also like a good London Broil, and the best thing about it is, any leftovers go in the next day's salad.

amother
  Sage

Post Yesterday at 10:41 pm
Chayalle wrote:
My favorite way to make Flanken Roast is to overnight it in a low and slow oven. Since I leave mine on for YT, I often make an overnight flanken roast that way - I put it in right before I go to sleep, and I take it out when I wake up (early, so it won't be overdone). I find it's always soft and succulent that way.
I have tried his recipe insofar as the sauce, but I prefer a slow bake method.

His Recipe is low and slow. 250 for six hours.

Chayalle  

Post Yesterday at 10:42 pm
amother Sage wrote:
His Recipe is low and slow. 250 for six hours.

I wonder if it's a different one. I remember doing one of his and it was a delicious flavor but not so soft.

tweety1

Post Today at 12:08 am
Chayalle wrote:
I wonder if it's a different one. I remember doing one of his and it was a delicious flavor but not so soft.

The one I'm talking about is very simple and basic low and slow. Someone else made it not long ago. I tasted it. It was literally melt in the mouth

amother
Junglegreen

Post Today at 12:16 am
I just made between carpools shallot Flanken roast. I bake it for 6-8 hours instead of the 4 that they call for. It’s soft like butter and delicious!!!

amother
Brickred

Post Today at 12:19 am
Shredded roast and Chinese chicken

amother
Lemonlime

Post Today at 12:26 am
[quote="msym"]
tweety1 wrote:
I still need more mains for sukkos. What you're most delicious meat you ever made? Savory or sweet
Bonus if can be made in advance and frozen[/quote
Skirt steak is a family fave. It's quite pricey and you need to soak it before you prepare it because it's salty. Worth the effort.
I grill before yomtov and then reheat a little bit in the oven on yomtov
https://www.kosher.com/recipe/.....3655/ Hi

I put my skirt steak in a ziploc bag with water before Yom Tov right before we eat I sprinkle some black pepper and pan sear 3-4 mins per side

yihyetov

Post Today at 12:36 am
How do you know which meats freeze well and which ones don't? I just assumed any meat with gravy can be frozen??

amother
Birch

Post Today at 4:46 am
Mommyg8 wrote:

Easy and delicious.

I make mine in the slow cooker it's delicious! Doesn't present nicely because we like it well done and soft so it ends up being more like pulled beef. I don't serve it when we have guests because of this unless I'm purposely making it into 'pulled beef'
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics