Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
SOS I WANT to lose 100+
Previous  1  2

amother
  Crocus

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 8:18 pm
amother Hosta wrote:
I'm on the way to loose 100 as well iyh! I started Mindy Peltz book "fast like a girl" it's intermittent fasting combined with keto and works together with the cycle. I also eat very clean foods (even B4 trying to loose weight) So certain time more carbs are permitted. Bh 25lbs down. Also started going for lymphatic drainage. Just FYI I did the sleeve surgery almost 9 years ago kept the weight off for 5 years and then gained it all plus back. I stopped dieting for a good few years and learnt to love and accept myself. I exercise to feel good and not to loose. but now that I love myself lol I'm ready for a healthier body.

What's lymphatic drainage?

amother
  Opal

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 8:37 pm
amother OP wrote:
what do you mean by IF, 16/8? what did you follow in open window? what was allowed in the fast period

Yes, 16/8. Mostly ice water and some black coffee, maybe with a little half and half. I know half and half doesn't necessarily keep you in the fast, but I did it and I still lost. I tried to no be too carb heavy, because it just made fasting harder. Filling salads, eggs, soups, veggies, cheese, olives. If I had more carbs, I tried to have it with dinner. I basically had a portion of whatever I made for my family for dinner, but made sure not to overeat.

amother
  Almond

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 9:52 pm
amother OP wrote:
I have the book and tried it for a few weeks didnt see any results, does it take time to kick in? I can try again

maybe

Did you really follow it exactly? I'm very surprised to hear it didn't work.

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 5:17 am
amother Thistle wrote:
Cut out all sugar and refined carbs. This will eliminate the cravings for unhealthy foods. You can then make decisions to eat what is good for you, without your cravings taking over. Aim to eat mostly vegetables, fruits, protein, and whole grains. Eat when you are hungry. The weight will come off.

Can you pls give some examples of refined carbs?

amother
Heather  

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 5:30 am
Keto + interitent fasting + calorie defecit + more body movement (not real exercise, just walking more) helped me a lot!

I struggle so much with weight... Once lost 70 lbs but hard to do it again as I get older

amother
  Heather

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 5:36 am
amother Almond wrote:
I lost 100 pounds by following the Fast Metabolism Diet by Haylie Pomroy. A life changer

Just read up about it. Sounds similar to carb cycling just more complicated.

I was very successful carb cycling as well, and now I am reminded about it, I want to try it again. I remember enjoying the journey and how the one day high carb/one day low carb really worked for me and I didn't feel like I needed to restrict any foods.

I recommend!

amother
Tanzanite

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 5:45 am
I started seeing a nutritionist, covered by my insurance . I did not realize I had insulin resistance and she tailor made an eating plan for me. It’s working great BH. Ask your Dr for a recommendation and a prescription, see if your insurance will then cover it.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 6:08 am
I lost over 100 pounds on OA. It becomes a way of life.

amother
Impatiens

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 12:19 pm
I didn't have 100 lbs to lose but I highly recommend Dalia Brunschwig of fully in balance. She's a health coach with a food plan and you can work with her 1-on-1 or through one of her programs. She gives you a way to eat that really helps with weight loss and also becomes a healthy way to live. It's much more than just a food plan but that's the basis.

She's a wonderful support and very knowledgeable.
Hatzlacha Rabbah!

amother
  Thistle

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 12:38 pm
amother Papaya wrote:
Can you pls give some examples of refined carbs?

Refined carbs are basically processed grains- white flour, white rice, pasta, bread, cereals...

Healthy carbs have not been processed or have been processed minimally- fruits, potatoes, sweet potatoes, whole grains like brown rice and barley. These are unprocessed, healthy carb options which are good food choices and should be eaten in moderation.

amother
Yolk

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 1:07 pm
I want to lose +70lbs and I am thinking of doing a whole foods plant based diet with no calorie counting. This was the only thing that worked for me in the past and as soon as I started eating animal products again I gained weight.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise