1  2  Next

amother
OP  

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 5:50 pm
please help a girl that's desperate and share programs or books to follow

amother
Opal  

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 6:18 pm
Intermittent fasting was the easiest for me to stick with long term, and gave me good results.

amother
Lightgray

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 6:27 pm
are you open to surgery?
It was a huge gift for me!
Thank You Hashem!

Wishing you hatzlacha, it's really HARD!!!

amother
Peru  

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 6:49 pm
I have seen a lot of people be successful by calculating a calorie deficit (a reasonable one) and just track. Make sure to weigh/measure and write everything down. Then add in an exercise routine. Weight lifting would be really helpful. I’m sure there are programs that can help. Do you have access to a dietician? There are online ones that take insurance and can be really helpful. Good luck!

amother
  Opal  

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 7:04 pm
amother Peru wrote:
I have seen a lot of people be successful by calculating a calorie deficit (a reasonable one) and just track. Make sure to weigh/measure and write everything down. Then add in an exercise routine. Weight lifting would be really helpful. I’m sure there are programs that can help. Do you have access to a dietician? There are online ones that take insurance and can be really helpful. Good luck!

Maybe it works for sme, but calorie defecits did not help. At all.

amother
Almond  

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 7:05 pm
I lost 100 pounds by following the Fast Metabolism Diet by Haylie Pomroy. A life changer

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 7:21 pm
thanks everyone for suggestions, I do want to say this im currently not open to surgery or shots.

I appreciate the responses... makes me feel less alone

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 7:22 pm
amother Almond wrote:
I lost 100 pounds by following the Fast Metabolism Diet by Haylie Pomroy. A life changer

I have the book and tried it for a few weeks didnt see any results, does it take time to kick in? I can try again maybe

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 7:23 pm
amother Peru wrote:

any recommendations or suggested sites? tia

amother
  Peru

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 7:25 pm
I am currently using nourish. It’s fully covered by my insurance. You can put in where you live and what you’re looking for. There are those that specialize in weight loss etc.

amother
  OP

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 7:26 pm
amother Opal wrote:
Intermittent fasting was the easiest for me to stick with long term, and gave me good results.

what do you mean by IF, 16/8? what did you follow in open window? what was allowed in the fast period

amother
Thistle  

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 7:26 pm
Cut out all sugar and refined carbs. This will eliminate the cravings for unhealthy foods. You can then make decisions to eat what is good for you, without your cravings taking over. Aim to eat mostly vegetables, fruits, protein, and whole grains. Eat when you are hungry. The weight will come off.

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 7:27 pm
Honestly. What’s helping me lose weight (and you may already be doing these) is drinking almost exclusively water, cutting back on sugars as much as possible, and more movement (for me, this is just walking more. Places I might take the bus, I walk). I don’t count calories or work out beyond walking, but I know doing those will help me lose even more weight.

amother
Camellia

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 7:34 pm
amother OP wrote:
thanks everyone for suggestions, I do want to say this im currently not open to surgery or shots.

Do you have insulin resistance? That can make it really hard to lose weight

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 7:42 pm
following , as I am desperate to lose at least 100lbs.

amother
Crocus  

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 8:08 pm
amother OP wrote:

I'm with you girl. I've got 100 pounds to lose and I really am not ready for surgery or shots. I'm trying low carb now combined with exercise now. I'm making slow and steady progress. IF did not work for me. I ended up binge eating all the wrong stuff during my eating window because I was so starved.

amother
Phlox

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 8:10 pm
same need to loose 100lbs tried it all

amother
  Crocus  

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 8:11 pm
amother Crocus wrote:
I'm with you girl. I've got 100 pounds to lose and I really am not ready for surgery or shots. I'm trying low carb now combined with exercise now. I'm making slow and steady progress. IF did not work for me. I ended up binge eating all the wrong stuff during my eating window because I was so starved.

Really curious why my post was hugged.

amother
Hosta

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 8:17 pm
I'm on the way to loose 100 as well iyh! I started Mindy Peltz book "fast like a girl" it's intermittent fasting combined with keto and works together with the cycle. I also eat very clean foods (even B4 trying to loose weight) So certain time more carbs are permitted. Bh 25lbs down. Also started going for lymphatic drainage. Just FYI I did the sleeve surgery almost 9 years ago kept the weight off for 5 years and then gained it all plus back. I stopped dieting for a good few years and learnt to love and accept myself. I exercise to feel good and not to loose. but now that I love myself lol I'm ready for a healthier body.

amother
Ballota

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 8:17 pm
amother Crocus wrote:
Really curious why my post was hugged.

It wasn't me, but us caring women feel bad that you were starving...
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise