Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Im really upset, can you help me feel better?
Previous  1  2

amother
  OP

Post Sat, Sep 07 2024, 9:26 pm
It's not a diamond earring.

amother
Lightpink

Post Sat, Sep 07 2024, 9:32 pm
OP, I would be so upset.
Bez"H you should have good things coming your way

rachlglsr

Post Sat, Sep 07 2024, 9:36 pm
Op I would be so upset and have been!

I know this doesn't help right now but I have found lost earnings in the craziest of places!!!

Stuck to the inside of a sweater, behind my dresser etc. Iyh it will show up and you will have a wave of relief

otstud

Post Sat, Sep 07 2024, 9:50 pm
I understand your frustration. My diamond fell out of my engagement ring and I didn’t have it for years. I recently put in a lab diamond and it’s made me very happy. Btw, check into estate jewelry, just as nice, just as real, can be way cheaper.

amother
Coffee

Post Sat, Sep 07 2024, 10:27 pm
this is so upsetting! Im so sorry.

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Sat, Sep 07 2024, 10:53 pm
rachlglsr wrote:
Op I would be so upset and have been!

I know this doesn't help right now but I have found lost earnings in the craziest of places!!!

Stuck to the inside of a sweater, behind my dresser etc. Iyh it will show up and you will have a wave of relief

I agree, I know someone who found her diamond ring in the folds of her bathrobe sleeve months after losing it.
Have you looked in the car, among your kids things? The laundry filter?

If it doesnt show up, please take a deep breath, say Zol Zein a Kaparah and save for a new pair.

Losing an earring is soooo common. Forgive yourself. It could have happened to anyone and you did nothing wrong.

amother
DarkRed

Post Sat, Sep 07 2024, 10:59 pm
Hugs, that really hurts. Can you make this piece into a necklace and wear it as a charm? or it's not one of those kinds?

amother
Burntblack

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 5:08 am
Yes it's fine to be upset, I lost a bracelet over Shavuous once (Yes gold was cheaper then) and I finally replaced it after more than a decade. I agree that you can buy one, hope it works.
And you never know, it may show up in the suitcase. We're with you as you get past this Heart

amother
Papayawhip

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 7:27 am
I once lost a necklace that I inherited when my mother died. It was given to her by her mother, who got it from her mother... I followed our family tradition and wore it every day, never taking it off. One day, I had to go for a CT scan and put it in my purse. I forgot to put it back on and rushed to catch my bus home. My purse was stolen on the bus ride. I lost the necklace and our last 4k in cash, to pay our contractor for finishing making our new dump semi-livable. I was crushed. I came home broke, unable to pay this poor contractor and having lost the most valuable thing I owned. Bh, I was able to borrow the money and pay the next night but the necklace hurt for years. When we finally sold our starter house and we're packing up, I went through every bag I owned and in a pocket, deep inside a purse I rarely used, I found my missing necklace. I cried so hard, my husband literally freaked out. I don't wear that one anymore because I'm too afraid to lose it but getting it back was nothing short of a miracle. Only took 5 years... have bitachon. Daven. Things that are meant to come back to us, will.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics