Forum -> Shopping
Doona alternative

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 8:27 am
Not the evenflo one.
What’s a doona alternative?
What I liked about doona: very easy to use

What I disliked: heavy; when I took baby out of car and turned it into the stroller, baby always woke up- transition wasn’t smooth

Is there something that’s easier ie maybe a super lightweight car seat that connects quietly and easily into a base?

Is the nuna system a good one to try- this way you have a stroller but also a car seat snap n go set up?

Any other ideas?

Most important factors are lightweight and easy to use.

m987

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 8:29 am
I know people get a bugaboo car seat then use it with a bugaboo stroller either a full size or the butterfly but it needs adapters. Nice because the stroller can be used with and without the seat. I believe it can be folded with the adapters attached.

amother
Chambray

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 9:44 am
I find a regular snap n go easiest to use.

amother
Melon

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 9:45 pm
We have an uppababy cruz stroller, bought adapters to use with our micomax car seat and are very happy with it! It basically works as a snap n go. During the week I keep the adapters on and the base of the cruz in the trunk and snap on the car seat whenever I'm going out on a quick errand or appointment and for shabbos I take off the adapters and put the seat back on. Super easy!

amother
DarkGray

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 9:49 pm
I had a bugaboo bee and a maxi cosi car seat. The adapters for the car seat came included free and and the car seat was 150, 50% off the reg price.
My bee was a special edition and I would have still used it had it not been stolen.

mandr

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 10:29 pm
I used a Maxi Cosi Coral car seat. It's really cool the way you can just carry the insert which weighs so little. It also worked so well in shopping carts. Easy to bring from car to home and vice versa.

The version I had has been updated to this: https://www.maxi-cosi.com/c/in.....coral

gratefultoga

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 10:38 pm
I have the uppababy Mesa v2 car seat and the uppababy minu v2 with adapters. It clicks right on to the minu and the adapters can stay on when folded. Eventually, when my baby is bigger, I plan to use the minu as my travel stroller

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 10:43 pm
the strollers take up a lot of space in the car.
it’s a big con for me.
most of the infant car seats are heavy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics