Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Alternative to Frigidare: 2 fridge/freezers pushed together?
Previous  1  2

calvinhobbs  

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 10:45 pm
What’s the hype with counter depth. Why can’t they stick out a good 5 inches? Is it only bec of looks?

amother
  Cyan  

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 11:26 pm
Probably mostly aesthetics, but I imagine it also improves kitchen flow when you don't have to go around the fridge.

If it was important to me I'd even consider putting a false wall a few inches away from the real one and/or making the counters deeper to allow for a standard fridge. But I value my fridge and freezer space, some people like having less space in the back of the fridge for things to get lost.

calvinhobbs  

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 11:30 pm
You can’t make your cabinets deeper. Base cabinets are 24” and wall are 12” depth. Deeper than that is a total messy inside and swollen look outside

Rubber Ducky  

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 11:46 pm
Regarding the popularity of counter depth refrigerators and especially the extra-wide column units in larger kitchens:

A counter depth fridge results in a visually cleaner line overall. In addition, you can see everything in your fridge more easily and you don't lose stuff in the back. A counter depth fridge also increases the aisle space in front of the unit. Aisle width is often a concern when the fridge is across from an island.

With a standard depth fridge, sometimes I will push out an adjacent cabinet to match the case depth of the fridge, which typically is between 29" and 30" deep. In this screen shot drawing of a client's upcoming remodel of a small kitchen, the whole refrigerator area will be 30" deep and the adjacent tall cabinet (which is 24" deep) will be pulled 6" forward:

calvinhobbs  

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 11:50 pm
Are there similar options to the sub zero and Frigidaire if I don’t care for the counter depth but want the clean look of one door each?

amother
Yarrow  

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 11:58 pm
I did 2 side by side 36 inch top fridge fisher peykills 2 years ago. there is a trim kit connecting them so they look like one unit. I put a water/ ice on one of them. I love it it's an enormous amount of fridge space, basically 2x the amount of the fridgidaire. the 2 bottom Freezers are smaller but I have a garage freezer for more storage. happy to share more info if you would like.

amother
  Yarrow  

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 11:59 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
Found one! From a client's long, galley kitchen. We have 3" of filler between the fridges.

why did u need the filler. I have a trim kit around it so it looks like one unit. people don't realize it's 2 seperate units Smile

calvinhobbs

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 12:01 am
amother Yarrow wrote:
I did 2 side by side 36 inch top fridge fisher peykills 2 years ago. there is a trim kit connecting them so they look like one unit. I put a water/ ice on one of them. I love it it's an enormous amount of fridge space, basically 2x the amount of the fridgidaire. the 2 bottom Freezers are smaller but I have a garage freezer for more storage. happy to share more info if you would like.

Thanks for sharing. Love how everyone is helping out.
I would hate to allocate 80” inches of kitchen space to fridge space only to have an additional freezer elsewhere. I feel like it defeats the purpose.
Wondering what made you go with a top freezer if it’s now considered “outdated”.

amother
Magnolia  

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 12:03 am
amother OP wrote:
Looking into frigidaire columns but trying to save money. If you put two counter depth fridge/freezers together what models do you have and are you happy?
Thank you!

I put 2 Kenmore armoire fridges side by side in my kitchen. I've had this maybe 7 years now? Works great. Figured for the price of this vs. something high end like SubZero I can replace them many times over as needed.

amother
  Cyan

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 12:08 am
calvinhobbs wrote:
You can’t make your cabinets deeper. Base cabinets are 24” and wall are 12” depth. Deeper than that is a total messy inside and swollen look outside

They don't have to be mounted directly against the wall. A cabinetmaker can install them further out.

Some people specifically prefer to have deeper counters.

amother
  Yarrow  

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 12:11 am
calvinhobbs wrote:
Thanks for sharing. Love how everyone is helping out.
I would hate to allocate 80” inches of kitchen space to fridge space only to have an additional freezer elsewhere. I feel like it defeats the purpose.
Wondering what made you go with a top freezer if it’s now considered “outdated”.

there are two bottom Freezers in the kitchen. they are same amount of space as top freezers..

amother
  Magnolia

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 12:12 am
calvinhobbs wrote:

Not with pull-outs.

Rubber Ducky  

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 12:15 am
amother Yarrow wrote:
why did u need the filler. I have a trim kit around it so it looks like one unit. people don't realize it's 2 seperate units Smile

Because the GEs were not intended to be installed side by side and GE does not make not make a trim kit for them. There is a trim kit maker who can size one to the units, but the homeowners decided to go with a filler piece, which costs less.

Your Fisher-Paykels have a dedicated trim kit because they were made to be installed side by side.
Here is a link to what I think you have, look down the page to see the trim kits: https://www.ajmadison.com/cgi-.....a16c7

amother
  Yarrow

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 12:18 am
yep. ur right. I got it. thanks

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 12:21 am
calvinhobbs wrote:

Some cabinet manufactucturers can make rollouts for cabinets more than 24" deep. The custom line I carry can make rollouts for cabinets up to at least 30" deep. This can be useful for tall cabinets and sometimes for island base cabinets.

amother
  OP

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 10:33 am
Anyone know anything Abt this fridge? Much cheaper than Frigidaire
A drop smaller I guess
https://www.ajmadison.com/cgi-.....0u8xA
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics