Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Alternative to Frigidare: 2 fridge/freezers pushed together?
1  2  Next

amother
OP  

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 11:43 pm
Looking into frigidaire columns but trying to save money. If you put two counter depth fridge/freezers together what models do you have and are you happy?
Thank you!

amother
Freesia

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 12:11 am
I think this size and look there are basically the sub zeros, fisher and paykell, and the Frigidaire which is the cheapest of them all.

There is one option that’s a lot smaller but somehow fits more and doesn’t have the draw freezer. It’s the Samsung 4 door.
There are two doors for the fridge and then two bottom doors for the freezer (one of which can be converted to the fridge). What I like about the this one is that all its freezer shelves are pullout baskets and the doors have shelves on them. It’s amazing how much it can fit in.
(I would go with it but for my lifestyle I would need an additional freezer in the garage which I’m trying to avoid)

If you find a cheaper alternative, let me know. I’m also interested.

SingALong

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 1:01 am
I did subzero and I’m thrilled

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 4:06 am
Thank you so much for your help! I will look into Samsung but I heard ppl do a hack- like putting two fridge/freezer combos together and achieving a built in look by switching hinge location on one, or even two French door type together .....anyone do that?
If so what models types?

amother
Cyan  

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 4:11 am
If it's possible have you considered putting an alcove behind so regular depth refrigerators look counter-depth?

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 8:58 am
Thank you, I did consider but it's a support wall so not so simple thank you so much.

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 4:06 pm
Bump. anyone?

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 8:03 pm
you might need to upgrade electricity to run two appliances like that on the same line.

Rubber Ducky  

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 8:14 pm
Sure, you can put 2 regular fridge-freezers next to each other. Looks best with top freezers or bottom freezers rather than French doors (too busy). You need a little space between them for ventilation. I have done this before with kitchen clients, will look for a pic.

Rubber Ducky  

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 8:27 pm
Found one! From a client's long, galley kitchen. We have 3" of filler between the fridges.

amother
Nutmeg  

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 8:31 pm
Ive seen full size fridge and full size freezer side by side. Ive never seen the one pictured above I think it looks awkward

amother
  Nutmeg

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 8:32 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
Found one! From a client's long, galley kitchen. We have 3" of filler between the fridges.

To me this looks like a storage room not a kitchen I wouldnt do it like this

calvinhobbs  

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 8:44 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:

why did the client choose to do this instead of the Frigidaire which was designed with a trim kit to be put together?

Rubber Ducky  

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 8:56 pm
calvinhobbs wrote:
why did the client choose to do this instead of the Frigidaire which was designed with a trim kit to be put together?

Because the Frigidaire Twins cost $6500+. 2 Standard fridges cost maybe half of that and the quality is just as good — Frigidaire is a not a premium brand. Just one of the many decisions people have to make while balancing budget, aesthetics, ergonomics, and quality when remodeling.

By the way, it IS possible to get a trim kit for this type of setup. The client chose not to do that.

Here's another pic:

calvinhobbs  

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 9:07 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
Because the Frigidaire Twins cost $6500+. 2 Standard fridges cost maybe half of that and the quality is just as good — Frigidaire is a not a premium brand. Just one of the many decisions people have to make while balancing budget, aesthetics, ergonomics, and quality when remodeling.

By the way, it IS possible to get a trim kit for this type of setup. The client chose not to do that.

Here's another pic:

Thanks for sharing. I was thinking of doing the Frigidaire simply because the sun zeros are so expensive ( I wonder if they’re even worth it).
What do you mean that Frigidaire is not a brand. Would you not say it’s as good as Samsung?
I would not go with the option you showed since it’s drawer freezer and that does not work with me.
Is there no other full door model?

amother
Green

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 9:07 pm
We got them for an amazing price BH, but they were scratch and dent. Pretty minor, didn’t bother us. Saved us a fortune!

We built our kitchen with the fridgidaire sizes planned, had a regular fridge/ freezer temporarily, and waited to find them.

We found the freezer on Facebook marketplace from a guy who does this… gets called from stores to pick up scratch and dent pieces. He told us he’d keep us in mind for the fridge, and a few weeks later called us up and said he found our “twin”. It actually still had paperwork inside for a Frum person in Williamsburg! It was a real Bracha for us.

Only downside is that you can’t get a warranty on them. But still worth the price imo, and bh so far so good like 8 months later.

amother
Offwhite

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 9:12 pm
I have the fridgidaire ones for the past 10 years. I'm pretty happy with them but I have to say they're really not as big as they look. They went up so much since I bought them. When I got them I paid $1,200 each plus trim kit.
I know someone who had two refrigerators next to them similar to the picture above, but I did not like the look.

Rubber Ducky  

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 9:14 pm
calvinhobbs wrote:
Thanks for sharing. I was thinking of doing the Frigidaire simply because the sun zeros are so expensive ( I wonder if they’re even worth it).
What do you mean that Frigidaire is not a brand. Would you not say it’s as good as Samsung?
I would not go with the option you showed since it’s drawer freezer and that does not work with me.

You could do 2 top freezers. Or 2 counter-depth top freezers and then they wouldn't jut out. The Frigidaire twins (and SubZero and others) are counter depth.

Samsung isn't exactly a premium brand either.

There are alternatives. For example, Cafe makes a 48"-wide model: https://www.ajmadison.com/cgi-......html

Here is a link to built-in column fridge-freezers with a Sabbath mode on AJ Madison: Note that Frigidaire and its sister brand Electrolux are the least expensive by a wide margin: https://www.ajmadison.com/c/re.....sc_02

amother
Trillium

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 9:55 pm
calvinhobbs wrote:

Frigidaire is not a designer name but they are great for refrigerators, freezers and air conditioners.

amother
Gardenia

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 10:05 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:

Here's another pic:

I did the Frigidaire professionals two years ago and they were $2000 each. Not even close to 6500.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics