Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
I have Covid
Previous  1  2

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 2:01 pm
My brother has it and I'm supposed to spend shabbos with him. He works for the city so he told me acc to CDC guidelines, he is supposed to Quarantine for first 24 hours of symptoms and then go out once symptoms reduce.

Raizle

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 3:10 pm
amother Kiwi wrote:
According to derech eretz maybe. Taking care of your fellow people who might be vulnerable?
you can be positive for quite a while after having covid, it's not an indication of being contagious. That said, a day or two into it is way too soon

frumPA

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 4:49 pm
amother OP wrote:
So I feel like I have a regular cold. Stuffy nose and cough but I don’t want to stay home for 4 days! I feel fine enough to go out- but true I don’t want to get anyone sick …

You don’t have to. Current reccomendations are like Flu. You need to be fever free x 24 hrs and not feeling too sick. I am a PA

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 4:58 pm
amother OP wrote:
So I feel like I have a regular cold. Stuffy nose and cough but I don’t want to stay home for 4 days! I feel fine enough to go out- but true I don’t want to get anyone sick …

It's a weekend. How can it hurt to stay home for 1 half day Friday?

Refuah Shelaima!

out-of-towner

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 5:02 pm
ra_mom wrote:

Refuah Shelaima!

There are people that work full days on Fridays, especially Summer Fridays.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 5:18 pm
ra_mom wrote:

Refuah Shelaima!

Maybe you work a half day on friday, but shabbat being as late as it does, people can work full days on friday. I know growing up, my father always came home very shortly before shabbat started, just enough time to take a shower and run to shul.

amother
  OP

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 5:41 pm
frumPA wrote:
You don’t have to. Current reccomendations are like Flu. You need to be fever free x 24 hrs and not feeling too sick. I am a PA

Didn’t even have fever

amother
Almond

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 6:03 pm
amother Kiwi wrote:
According to derech eretz maybe. Taking care of your fellow people who might be vulnerable?

People carry illnesses all the time & we don't even know it. Vulnerable people know to use precaution.

miami85  

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 7:10 pm
amother OP wrote:
What’s the protocol for that these days? I took off work today but I think I’ll feel fine to go tomorrow- is that wrong? Should I not go in public ? For how long

It's really not as dangerous as it used to be, viral strains change and get weaker. If someone needs treatment, hospitals have protocols that work. It is not deadly anymore.
fwiw one of the versions of "The Common Cold" is called "Human Coronavirus"--the reasons to panic were over 3-4 years ago.
People who are still paranoid should be vaccinated by now, and even if they do get it, the reason we get the flu shot are to make it less lethal/symptomatic.
Those who are not vaccinated, tend to do well with it.

miami85  

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 7:11 pm
frumPA wrote:

I had Covid twice, never had fever.

miami85

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 7:15 pm
amother Kiwi wrote:

When it comes to having a window open, if it is between fall and spring, if one person is cold you shut the window. If it is Spring to Fall, then even if one person is cold you are allowed to keep the window open.

During Spring and Summer of 2020, I think there was reason to be cautious and do what we could to keep everyone safe--like shutting the window for one cold person during the winter. But I think at this point we are in "Summer"--and that people who have sensitive immune systems should protect themselves, but everyone else should be building their immune systems by routine exposure to germs.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics