Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
I have Covid
1  2  Next

amother
OP  

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 12:09 pm
What’s the protocol for that these days? I took off work today but I think I’ll feel fine to go tomorrow- is that wrong? Should I not go in public ? For how long

amother
Kiwi  

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 12:14 pm
Till your test is negative. Refua shlema!

Ruchel

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 12:15 pm
I've been told by several docs that if you can go out, you can go out. It seems to have changed.

fleetwood

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 12:15 pm
There is no protocol. Its a personal decision. That being said..if you work amongst a vulnerable population you should probably stay home.

amother
Khaki  

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 12:30 pm
No protocol. Same as any other illness if you are really sick stay in bed and rest and when you feel better you move on with your life.

amother
  Khaki  

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 12:31 pm
amother Kiwi wrote:

According to who? No one is recommending this.

amother
  Kiwi  

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 12:34 pm
amother Khaki wrote:
According to who? No one is recommending this.

According to derech eretz maybe. Taking care of your fellow people who might be vulnerable?

amother
  Khaki  

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 12:35 pm
amother Kiwi wrote:
According to derech eretz maybe. Taking care of your fellow people who might be vulnerable?

You can’t just use Jewish words to make yourself sound like the good person. That’s not protocol or recommended by doctors so no she does not have to take a monetary loss and miss work.

amother
  Kiwi

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 12:37 pm
amother Khaki wrote:
You can’t just use Jewish words to make yourself sound like the good person. That’s not protocol or recommended by doctors so no she does not have to take a monetary loss and miss work.

I see your point. I do not agree with it

amother
Chestnut

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 12:40 pm
What if I'm a cancer patient you standing next to me in the grocery can make me very sick!

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 12:41 pm
Most ppl weren’t testing anymore. Do what you feel capable of. Feel better!

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 12:46 pm
amother Kiwi wrote:

Actually this is definitely not a reccomendation.
Im a nurse in a nursing home, an industry which is so federally regulated that we are always under the strictest regulations possible.
Even we were told not to test anyone who has been positive within the last 60 days because the virus can show up as positive for that long even when not active.
So we go more by symptoms etc.

Its a known thing by us. If someone is showing signs of a cold, we test for covid. BUT if someone is showing signs of a cold and they tested poaitive for covid 5 weeks ago, we do not test, as the positive result could be false from the prior illness.

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 12:48 pm
So I feel like I have a regular cold. Stuffy nose and cough but I don’t want to stay home for 4 days! I feel fine enough to go out- but true I don’t want to get anyone sick …

amother
Foxglove  

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 12:49 pm
amother Kiwi wrote:

I don't think that was ever the protocol. The tests can still be positive for a while after. I think it's x amount of days or if you test negative earlier.

amother
  Khaki

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 12:51 pm
amother Chestnut wrote:
What if I'm a cancer patient you standing next to me in the grocery can make me very sick!

Many people are contagious and have no idea they are, many people don't test, doctors are not recommending anything now. Please take your own precautions and wear a mask while in public for your own safety. Don't rely on anyone knowing you are in a vulnerable state now.

amother
  Foxglove

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 12:52 pm
amother Chestnut wrote:

If you're a cancer patient in a public place where people will be standing right next to you, you might need to take your own precautions to protect yourself.

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 1:02 pm
amother Khaki wrote:
Many people are contagious and have no idea they are, many people don't test, doctors are not recommending anything now. Please take your own precautions and wear a mask while in public for your own safety. Don't rely on anyone knowing you are in a vulnerable state now.

Yea someone close to me has cancer and she wears a mask wherever she goes… I don’t have fever or anything if I didnt know it was Covid I would just assume cold and go abt life as usual

yrb

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 1:24 pm
I had covid 2 weeks ago. My Dr said as long as I don’t have fever it’s ok to go around people.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 1:34 pm
My parents both got covid around the yomim noraim. The doctor told them that they were allowed to go to shul if they wanted to but with a mask. But that there was no issue at all in going out. Its not like how it was 4 years ago. They did not go to shul. They decided to stay home. But medically, covid is not like it once was.

amother
Hosta

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 1:48 pm
amother Chestnut wrote:

So can a cold, it can take 3 weeks to leave ur system.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics