Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Diaper changing is a disaster
Previous  1  2

amother
Bluebonnet  

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 11:35 pm
amother OP wrote:
I need help and advice asap
Every single time I change my newborns diaper he pees and poops. All. Over. The. Place
He doesn’t just poop, it shoots out and gets everywhere so putting a towel under him doesn’t help. And there isn’t enough warning that it’s going to happen so no time to cover him up
He gets it on the floor on my hands, clothes, the bedding. And then he pees everywhere, even if I put a tissue or a wipe over him. He somehow manages to get past it. And he makes after every feeding so this isn’t a once a day thing.
I’m at my wits end. I stress out every time it’s time for a diaper change. I can’t change him alone. I get very frustrated knowing something will get ruined, either my clothes, his, or the bedding. And that I’ll probably have to run into the shower after. (That really happened)
The worst part is that the baby obviously feels my frustration
Any advice please????

We had this with my son recently. Bh it seems like he now grew out of it at 2.5 months. For the peeing, I would wrap a towel around him, and cover him with a diaper. The diaper made it drip down onto the towel.

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 11:36 pm
[quote="amother Bluebonnet"]We had this with my son recently. Bh it seems like he now grew out of it at 2.5 months. For the peeing, I would wrap a towel around him, and cover him with a diaper. The diaper made it drip down onto the towel.[/quote

How do you change him if he’s all covered?

amother
  Bluebonnet

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 11:41 pm
[quote="amother OP"]
amother Bluebonnet wrote:
We had this with my son recently. Bh it seems like he now grew out of it at 2.5 months. For the peeing, I would wrap a towel around him, and cover him with a diaper. The diaper made it drip down onto the towel.[/quote

How do you change him if he’s all covered?

I would wrap the towel around his lower stomach. I think it kept him warm, and it also protected his clothing. The diaper only covered where the pee would come from, and I would pick it up a little when cleaning there.

amother
Trillium

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 11:49 pm
amother OP wrote:
The pee I’m not worried about
I’m talking about his number 2 that ends up everywhere cuz it smells and stains and it’s gross

Put a Chux pad under him while changing him. It protects what's underneath and you can wrap it over him if he starts going while the diaper is open, and then you can toss it so it doesn't add to the laundry.

amother
Hydrangea

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 11:58 pm
My baby was a projectile pooper for quite a while. Long enough that I mentioned it to the doctor (and it’s far from my first kid!). She managed to poop on everything in the house no matter what I did. One memorable time she managed to bypass all of the extra materials I had under her to poop all over my bed and my pajamas - even my shirt! - in middle of the night.

She’s 7 months now kah and I can’t remember the last time she did it so there is hope!

Rappel

Post Mon, Jul 01 2024, 12:03 am
He needs a pad underneath, and you can "tent" a wipe over his weewee so the pee runs down. Definitely have extra outfits ready, and he will regulate more around the 6 week mark. You'll get more efficient as time goes on. Good luck!

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Jul 01 2024, 12:19 am
My babies always refused to poop in a wet diaper. You just need to learn to be really fast with getting the new diaper on. 10 seconds max.

amother
Skyblue

Post Mon, Jul 01 2024, 2:03 pm
Some babies are very talented!! I tried to always keep a diaper on top in addition to the fresh diaper underneath but still mine managed to projectile straight between the two. You just have to do your best but accept a certain degree of chance that it might just happen despite your best efforts. And know that it does get better in just a few weeks bezH.

amother
DarkGreen

Post Mon, Jul 01 2024, 2:09 pm
I have no suggestion but just FYI this is known as a poonami and is the subject of many humorous baby related articles.

It will pass.

amother
Caramel

Post Mon, Jul 01 2024, 2:23 pm
Yes and theres a pampers ad that claims its poonami proof!

You should check it out!

amother
  OP

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 5:30 pm
Just wanted to update here- bh it’s been getting a little better! Managed to do a couple of diaper changes myself and bh went smoothly
Was really proud of myself 😊

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 6:59 pm
Omg I'm having the same exact thing with my newborn, but I have a changing table with a raised edge around it, so that helps, but I'm still doing so much laundry!!! I I'll try the tips from the other replies
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics