Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Help!! It's almost 2 am and my 23 month old is still up!

Israeli40  

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 6:58 pm
He doesn't want to go to sleep anymore! He climbs out of his crib. Thank God he's strong and all, but we've been doing bedtime since around 8:30!
I still nurse him before he goes to sleep. He used to go to sleep and sometimes wake up in the middle of the night. We'd give him a water bottle and lay him down again. Recently he takes hours to fall asleep. He wakes up twice a night and it's a story to get him to go back to sleep. Then he comes to my bed in the morning for a few hours. (I often sleep late during vacation.) And no nap until bedtime, when he won't go to sleep. Almost falls asleep and then screams. I was in the bedroom with him until 11:30 pm tonight. Even transferred him to a bed and layed with him. Now, he already put my dh to sleep and he's energetically building magnatile towers in the living room.
Any ideas?

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 6:58 pm
No advice, but going through the same with the same age kid!

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 7:47 pm
Israeli40 wrote:
He doesn't want to go to sleep anymore! He climbs out of his crib. Thank God he's strong and all, but we've been doing bedtime since around 8:30!
I still nurse him before he goes to sleep. He used to go to sleep and sometimes wake up in the middle of the night. We'd give him a water bottle and lay him down again. Recently he takes hours to fall asleep. He wakes up twice a night and it's a story to get him to go back to sleep. Then he comes to my bed in the morning for a few hours. (I often sleep late during vacation.) And no nap until bedtime, when he won't go to sleep. Almost falls asleep and then screams. I was in the bedroom with him until 11:30 pm tonight. Even transferred him to a bed and layed with him. Now, he already put my dh to sleep and he's energetically building magnatile towers in the living room.
Any ideas?

Maybe he’s overtired. He might need a nap during the day. Even just an hour. Never had a kid that age not napping….

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Jul 30 2024, 12:27 am
I recommend reading Precious little sleep.
They also have Facebook group where you can troubleshoot if you do Facebook

Israeli40

Post Tue, Jul 30 2024, 7:41 pm
Thanks for the ideas.

I took him to the doctor today just to rule out any possible physical reasons. I still think it's mostly behavioral, but the doctor said that he may be experiencing pain from an issue that he was born with that requires surgery. He said that as the baby grows - and waits for the surgery appointment - it becomes more and more uncomfortable. That would explain his waking up crying a few times a night.

yiddishmom

Post Tue, Jul 30 2024, 7:58 pm
Oish, that's hard!

I hope he can have the surgery very soon.

And I hope he gets back to sleeping through the night quickly!

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Jul 30 2024, 8:13 pm
I would try waking up at a normal time in the morning & then do a mid day nap.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics