Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Nursing back to sleep isn’t working anymore

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 5:31 am
My baby is 9 months now, she has never been a good sleeper. Was always extremely difficult to get her to go to sleep from the moment she was born. Iv always rocked or nursed her to sleep and was always a struggle but eventually would fall asleep. Ended up co sleeping to save my sanity and that helped a lot. But lately it’s been a real struggle. She will fall asleep no problem. But then she’ll wake up around 3 am and will not fall back asleep for close to 2 and a half hours of nursing then rocking then letting her just crawl around and repeat. This has been going on for a few weeks. Maybe she is teething, but this didn’t happen when she was last teething. No ear infection, was at dr recently.
I’m at my wits end. I’m exhausted.
Maybe sleep training is the answer,but I don’t even know where to start with that. And I really didn’t want to sleep train.
It’s frustrating because I’m giving her so much comfort to help her sleep but it’s just doesn’t work anymore.
Is this just a phase? Am I doomed to not sleep?
Did I cause this by comforting her to sleep?

amother
Geranium

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 5:54 am
oysh that is no fun. When she wakes up at 3am, is she kvetchy or playful? If kvetchy maybe there is something else bothering her that you could try to figure out. If more playful, I would think she might be napping too much in the day. Also possible she needs to eat more in the day? Just throwing out ideas..
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics