Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Oven not working well.. anyone?!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 6:02 pm
Anyone’s oven not working in this heat? My oven has a hard time heating up last Friday and now this Friday. Anyone else? I live in raintree. A lot of the neighbors are complaining about this issue. The gas company says it’s not their issue. Any other neighborhoods having this problem?

amother
Hyssop

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 6:03 pm
Is it your igniter?

amother
DarkCyan

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 6:10 pm
Probably your igniter needs to be replaced. Nothing to do with the heat. Mine breaks after I self clean for pesach then leave for pesach and shavuos.

thunter

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 6:11 pm
amother Hyssop wrote:
Is it your igniter?

Electric companies lowers the power during heatwaves. Resulting in igniter’s to break

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 6:12 pm
The whole neighborhood? All of a sudden everyone’s igniter blew? I am having issues and I didn’t keep my oven on shavuos.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 6:13 pm
You’ll only find out what it is if you call an repair person

amother
Papayawhip

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 6:14 pm
If your oven is taking a long time to heat up that's not good. It means your gas is going and not catching. Change igniter. It cost us $200+ to change igniter. My husband watched repair man do it. Next time it broke my husband bought the $20 part himself and changed it himself. But he's handy.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 6:27 pm
So I guess a lot of people in the neighborhoods igniter blew? Last Friday a lot of people were having problems. During the week not as much. Today again.. a lot of complaints..

amother
Ruby

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 6:42 pm
amother OP wrote:
So I guess a lot of people in the neighborhoods igniter blew? Last Friday a lot of people were having problems. During the week not as much. Today again.. a lot of complaints..

People notice more on Friday when they’re all cooking for shabbos

amother
Emerald

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 7:13 pm
Brown outs knock out igniters that are on their last legs.

I replaced mine last year, and less than 2 years before that. : (

Igniters in homes that cook like us nightly, and for shabbos for hours on end, last about 2 years, or 1.5 if you're also self cleaning.

Only lasts longer with the first igniter that comes with the oven, but once that one goes, it's like every 2 yrs (or as I had, even less. I use the oven nightly).

amother
Emerald

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 7:14 pm
amother OP wrote:

They don't use their ovens during the week?

hodeez

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 7:18 pm
Yes!!! Had to get the igniter replaced a couple hours before shabbat!

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 7:30 pm
Omg is this a thing?? I made 2 batches of challah today and they took hours to bake and didn't rise nicely. I just notice now that my oven isn't getting hot enough. It's not going past 320 degrees which is why it was taking long and not rising enough. I'm so frustrated. Shabbos is in less than an hour and I still have challah in the oven!!

amother
Blue

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 8:08 pm
Our igniter went today in Lakewood

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sat, Jun 22 2024, 7:14 pm
thunter wrote:
Electric companies lowers the power during heatwaves. Resulting in igniter’s to break

This.
We frequently order new igniters on Amazon and always keep them in stock. DH watched a video on You Tube that taught him how to change it and he does it himself.

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 5:42 pm
Who can I call to check my oven? I turned it on and it has a very strong gas smell.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries