Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Limited space - which toys?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 11:53 pm
First time going to bungalow with 10-11 month old. Will iyh be 12 months by the end of the summer. Very little space in bungalow but he needs to play with something! We don't have a covered porch so at the very least need something for rainy days. But also just in general. I expect this summer to be very challenging...

Anyway. What are the most important things to bring or buy?

amother
Cadetblue

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 11:59 pm
amother OP wrote:
First time going to bungalow with 10-11 month old. Will iyh be 12 months by the end of the summer. Very little space in bungalow but he needs to play with something! We don't have a covered porch so at the very least need something for rainy days. But also just in general. I expect this summer to be very challenging...

Anyway. What are the most important things to bring or buy?

Books
Mega blocks
Cone stack
Cars/dolly
Push bike
Electric toys that sing like a piano etc

amother
Camellia

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 12:04 am
I personally would skip electric toys. They take up a lot of space and kids usually get bored of playing with it rather quickly.

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 12:10 am
Menchies
animals
bike
1 electric toy
bath toys

amother
Hyssop

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 12:10 am
My baby is this age now. From what I see they're at the stage that they like unpacking things.
You might just want to make a designated shelf of things like pans containers that s/he can unpack.

Bring whatever toys your older kids will use and they can just putter around with that. My baby is now 11 mos and plays with my older dd doll things and ds cars. Mostly just dumping it out but keeps her so occupied.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 12:27 am
I don't have older kid toys and when I say small space I mean I can't give him his own cabinet because where would I keep things... Thanks for the recommendations!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics