Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Where Should We Live? Relocating to US with Chasidic Family
1  2  Next

BigAppleBaby

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 1:52 pm
Hey, my husband is from the states, and we are currently living in Israel, we both work at high-tech companies with branches in Manhattan, and we plan to relocate to the states.

We are open minded Chasidim (I'm driving, smartphone, Top-lase wig)
Currently my daughter learns in the local Beit Yaakov (Litvish and Chasidish girls), and my son in a Chasidic Chaider.

We are looking for a place close to Manhattan, with open-minded Chasidish community, where it is not a problem for a woman to work, and where there are nannies or day care centers where the baby can be placed during working hours.

1- Do you have a recommendation for such a place?
2- Is "Linden-NJ" or "Staten Island" have only extreme Chasidic or does it have also some more open minded (driving, wig etc)?
3- Does "Passaic" or "Teaneck, NJ" have some Chasidish familieys?

Thx for your help!!

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 2:01 pm
Staten Island has a huge mix of families. There are even some families from Israel.
A lot of women drive, smartphones etc.
Very nice place bh

amother
Opal

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 2:25 pm
Definitely not Passaic or Teaneck.

Genius

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 2:31 pm
Staten Island

amother
Lightgreen

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 2:34 pm
Staten Island seems like a good choice, though there are different areas. I think the very chassidish live in a different area than the others.

scruffy

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 2:35 pm
I wouldn't consider Staten Island so commutable to Manhattan though it's technically doable.

amother
Lightgreen

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 2:35 pm
Pomona in the Monsey area may also be a good option, though schools in the Monsey area are more difficult to get in to.

amother
NeonGreen

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 2:36 pm
another vote for staten island but your kids will need to go to bp school..
Monsey is also a great mix

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 2:42 pm
Flatbush , maybe marine park

amother
Carnation

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 2:42 pm
I would advise monsey
airmont or pomona neighborhoods

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 2:43 pm
Staten Island is a great choice. How old are your children? There are not school options for all ages- also it's a very long commute to Manhattan.

Amarante

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 2:55 pm
Are you commuting every day to Manhattan or do you work from home most of the time.

Staten Island is a long commute and it would be a very long day from time of leaving to actually opening your front door at the end of the day. Very Happy

You would take the ferry which leaves you in Lower Manhattan - then it is a commute to the office so the time depends on where the office is in Manhattan. Maybe there are express buses which go through Brooklyn but that is a long commute through heavy traffic.

There are nannies available but in general a good nanny is expensive. With such long hours day care might be an issue since many day care places don't have extremely long hours - I.e. early and late hours.

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 3:05 pm
Community-wise, Staten Island sounds like your best bet. Passaic/Teaneck isn't chassidish at all, and Linden may be too chassidish for you.

The question is the commute. If you're traveling to Manhattan every day, Staten Island will be difficult.

sara1232

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 3:38 pm
Do not even consider monsey unless your kids are accepted in a school. The schools here are hell to get into.

mha3484

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 3:40 pm
Is Manhattan your only option? Because if your company has a branch in Chicago like many tech companies do, I know many people like youd describe yourself.

amother
Apple

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 4:07 pm
Boro park and send to bais yakov

amother
Opal

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 4:11 pm
I would think Brooklyn is the best option for you. Is there a reason you're avoiding Brooklyn?

Monsey to Manhattan is a really long commute. How often would you have to go in office?

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 4:23 pm
amother Opal wrote:
I would think Brooklyn is the best option for you. Is there a reason you're avoiding Brooklyn?

Monsey to Manhattan is a really long commute. How often would you have to go in office?

I commuted from Brooklyn to Manhattan for high school and then for work.

The subway line is relatively quick and you get to most parts of Manhattan with easy transfers.

I could take either to the Avenue J station and walk or take the train to MacDonald Avenue and walk. My home was in the middle.

Much faster and easier to go from Brooklyn to Manhattan than go within Brooklyn without a car.

amother
Brickred

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 4:57 pm
amother Denim wrote:
Community-wise, Staten Island sounds like your best bet. Passaic/Teaneck isn't chassidish at all, and Linden may be too chassidish for you.

The question is the commute. If you're traveling to Manhattan every day, Staten Island will be difficult.
An express bus from Staten Island to Manhattan can be 40 minutes plus. The cost is $ 7 each way, which employees might reimburse.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 5:02 pm
How about Lakewood?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating