Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
How long should arrive in Ben gurion airport flying to US

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 7:02 pm
Flight is Tomorrow Thursday at 1am.

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 7:40 pm
Is travel just as busy these days? That might impact things so I won't answer, I haven't been in a while. Before October, I'd suggest at the least 3 hours before flight. I've gone & it was absolutely packed.

Sometimes there are complications too, I know this is not typical, but once me & some others with non-Israeli passports, while we were there early, were at risk of missing our flight as something was going on to allow Israeli passport travelers go ahead, & we had to seek help from someone higher up to help us.

Sadly things may be less busy these days? I guess you'll see what other replies say

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 11:28 pm
amother Seagreen wrote:
Is travel just as busy these days? That might impact things so I won't answer, I haven't been in a while. Before October, I'd suggest at the least 3 hours before flight. I've gone & it was absolutely packed.

Sometimes there are complications too, I know this is not typical, but once me & some others with non-Israeli passports, while we were there early, were at risk of missing our flight as something was going on to allow Israeli passport travelers go ahead, & we had to seek help from someone higher up to help us.

Sadly things may be less busy these days? I guess you'll see what other replies say

Thanks

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 12:50 am
Ben-Gurion was jammed packed last night for the 1 am flight out. My family member got there 3.5 hours before the flight and had less than 30 minutes until boarding.

Don't come less than 3 hours before.

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 2:06 am
amother Bronze wrote:
Ben-Gurion was jammed packed last night for the 1 am flight out. My family member got there 3.5 hours before the flight and had less than 30 minutes until boarding.

I was on that flight too. You need to arrive 4 hours before your flight. They almost closed the gate on us.

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 2:13 am
amother Bronze wrote:

When I last flew they didn't let me start checking in bags (the first step) more than 3 hours before. So unless you aren't bringing bags with you, what's the point of coming earlier?

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 2:21 am
LovesHashem wrote:
When I last flew they didn't let me start checking in bags (the first step) more than 3 hours before. So unless you aren't bringing bags with you, what's the point of coming earlier?

My family members spent almost all that time waiting to check their bags. Security was a breeze.

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 3:45 am
amother Bronze wrote:
My family members spent almost all that time waiting to check their bags. Security was a breeze.

But they didn't open baggage check in until 3 hours before. Didn't even know which line would be for our flight so we didn't even know where to wait.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 4:43 am
Check in counters open 3 hours prior departure.
You have security check before check in.

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 4:58 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Check in counters open 3 hours prior departure.
You have security check before check in.

The security check takes 5 minutes.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 5:31 am
LovesHashem wrote:
The security check takes 5 minutes.

If you have an Israeli passport yes and if you look frum!
For others at can take longer.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics