Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Why did no one thank me?
  Previous  1  2  3  4 12  13  14  Next

amother
  Apricot  

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 10:45 am
Queen Of Hearts wrote:
I strongly suggest therapy if you can't take a minute to shoot off a text.

Shame on you

amother
  Outerspace  

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 10:46 am
Queen Of Hearts wrote:
BH I did. I have very demanding babies who keep me up all night.
But texting someone 2 words 'Thank You' doesn't take that much out of a person.

For you it doesn't. Thank hashem for that.
But for others, it does take everything out of them. It's generally not just 1 text thank you....
I send out thank you cards later on & I think that it's enough of a thank you.

amother
Marigold

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 10:46 am
I was not thanked for the $100 cash I gave to my neighbor’s dd for her wedding
Or the brunch I dropped off for a family after the mom has a baby

I will remember for a while but I let it go and don’t hold it against them

I actually don’t think I was thanked by my brother and sil for the Sheva brachos dh and I hosted ourselves or the gift we gave!

But people make mistakes

I myself made an awful mistake where I didn’t thank my new mil when she gave me an expensive gift. I wasn’t used to getting gifts and didn’t know how to react, if you can believe it!

I’m glad she doesn’t seem to hold it against me and I’m too embarrassed to ever apologize

amother
  Peachpuff  

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 10:47 am
When the person will drop off supper I’ll thank them. (If I have their number I’ll tell them that supper was delicious and thanks for making supper. (Obviously worded better) )
Sometimes after the two weeks the head of the suppers will send me the numbers of the people who made supper so I can thank them.

amother
  Outerspace  

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 10:47 am
Queen Of Hearts wrote:

What is wrong with you?
Unbelievable. Appalling.

Queen Of Hearts  

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 10:48 am
amother Peachpuff wrote:
When the person will drop off supper I’ll thank them. (If I have their number I’ll tell them that supper was delicious and thanks for making supper. (Obviously worded better) )
Sometimes after the two weeks the head of the suppers will send me the numbers of the people who made supper so I can thank them.

Exactly. It's very different if something was sent anonymously vs personally.

amother
Hydrangea

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 10:48 am
I totally understand the not saying thank you right away for a baby gift. but for sending shabbos food?
I have a bunch of kids. Some super hard recoveries and my babies are not one bit easy. constantly screaming and barely sleep. but for real. you literally don't have time to take your phone and send a five second text-thanks for the food!. seriously. I think people need to grow up. the world doesn't stop when you are PP. no matter how mush your brain is, you managed to respond to the text of that friend/family to take up their offer of making shabbos, then yes, you have the basic decency of sending a dumb thank you text as well after you benefited and ate their food.

tichellady  

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 10:49 am
I would give it some time and assume they will thank you, maybe the thank you card is in the mail

Last edited by tichellady on Sun, Jul 07 2024, 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
  Jetblack  

Queen Of Hearts wrote:

You need serious help. It’s a sign of narcissism to care so much about INSTANT thanks and not care at all about how someone feels postpartum.

Queen Of Hearts  

amother Apricot wrote:
Shame on you

You won't intimidate me.
You can read Jetblacks very heated and very rude responses to see why I responded to her like this.

Queen Of Hearts  

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 10:50 am
amother Jetblack wrote:
You need serious help. It’s a sign of narcissism to care so much about INSTANT thanks and not care at all about how someone feels postpartum.

I think you should take a chill pill.
And I hope I don't know you irl.

amother
  Jetblack  

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 10:51 am
amother Hydrangea wrote:
I totally understand the not saying thank you right away for a baby gift. but for sending shabbos food?
I have a bunch of kids. Some super hard recoveries and my babies are not one bit easy. constantly screaming and barely sleep. but for real. you literally don't have time to take your phone and send a five second text-thanks for the food!. seriously. I think people need to grow up. the world doesn't stop when you are PP. no matter how mush your brain is, you managed to respond to the text of that friend/family to take up their offer of making shabbos, then yes, you have the basic decency of sending a dumb thank you text as well after you benefited and ate their food.

Sick people should grow up? Clearly you never had situations where you barely ate and slept. So you think most even know if there is food in the house for shabbos let alone who sent it!!?? No one has to do anything instantly. And yes demanding it is narcissism.

Queen Of Hearts  

tichellady wrote:
I would give it some time and assume they will thank you, maybe the thank you card is in the mail

A thank you text actually is way quicker and easier than writing and mailing a thank you card.

amother
  Jetblack  

Queen Of Hearts wrote:

I most definitely don’t. I would never surround myself with anyone who has zero compassion for someone postpartum.

amother
  Peachpuff  

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 10:52 am
Also with my first I waited until after the bris and pidyan haben to thank people.*
Obviously once it’s not the first I’d it’s a different story.

*even tho I wanted to thank earlier we were bh busy all the planning. (When I had multiples I thanked right away as I had help)

amother
  Jetblack  

Queen Of Hearts wrote:
You won't intimidate me.
You can read Jetblacks very heated and very rude responses to see why I responded to her like this.

You started with judging a postpartum woman in the most disgusting manner. How dare you. You deserved every harsh reply.

amother
  Peachpuff  

Queen Of Hearts wrote:
A thank you text actually is way quicker and easier than writing and mailing a thank you card.

I really wanted to mail people cards but it was easier for us in that situation to send a text.

Queen Of Hearts  

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 10:53 am
amother Hydrangea wrote:

According to this thread-No.

Queen Of Hearts  

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 10:54 am
amother Jetblack wrote:
You stated with judging a postpartum woman in the most disgusting manner. How dare you. You deserved every harsh reply.

You are a prime example of someone who's posts should be taken with a very large heaping tablespoon of salt.

amother
  Outerspace  

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 10:54 am
Queen Of Hearts wrote:

She's actually right you know.
All your posts show narcissistic traits.
Page 3 of 14   Previous  1  2  3  4 12  13  14  Next Recent Topics