Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Am I supposed to feel grateful? No-one's starving, yet...
Previous  1  2

amother
  OP

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 6:25 am
LeMortedeLilac wrote:
Unfortunately, I've been there too. The worst thing in the world is having no way to pay and needing to leave. Soooo hard and embarrassing. Even years later, I still get tense going to the checkout line. I'm davening that things will get better for you, OP. Ibh, things improved for us and I'd like to pay it forward if you are okay accepting help. I can send you a gift card through PM so you don't feel uncomfortable. Please let us help make sure you have some meals...

I sent you a PM. Thank you.

amother
Azure

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 6:48 am
Which town do you live in?
There are literally food banks and chessed organizations everywhere. Post your location and we'll list where you can get food.
I understand not having money for bills and tuition but nobody in this day and age should go hungry.
You must find ways to increase your income. Borrowing every month is not the solution, it will create more issues for you!

amother
Khaki

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 7:21 am
There are food banks etc. but a lot of times it's not something that everyone will eat. Bags of lentils canned vegetables. Etc. milk and bread would be the most helpful.
I have been there, collecting the cans of soda and water that I bought from food stamps. to bring into the supermarket to get the 5 cents back in order to get cash so I could buy toiletries. Trying to make shabbos on 5$ thankfully before the recent inflation so it went further. That was when we didn't have food stamps.
Now I am tight. Trying to budget. But I still do remember the really hard times.
Hatzlacha things will get better

locked pending verification
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics