Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
What to do with teen who is the only one at home

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 8:22 pm
I have three children BH. One is studying in Israel. One is a toddler who goes to sleep early. And then there’s my delightful 15 year old daughter. Who’s around every day after school (was also around most of the summer). And I feel pressured to spend quality time with her, but the reality is that hours and hours is just a lot of time. We’ve tried playing games here and there but it’s not realistic every night. I feel guilty when we’re both sitting on our devices. I feel this pressure to bond with her, but it gets to a point where it feels like it’s too much. Curious what others in my situation do.

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 8:26 pm
Spend 30 to 45 minutes eating dinner and talking and then each do their own thing?

Teens like to do their own thing sometimes also.

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 8:28 pm
My teens do their own thing most of the night. Homework, talk on the phone, hang out outside, read, chill in their room… you don’t have to bond all night.

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 8:58 pm
Normal for that age - don’t force it. I found my teen didn’t want to speak to me much until she was a bit older. She really started getting chatty around 17 or 18. The only time I got much out of her was when she was trapped in the car with me. And that was only on occasion.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children