Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Crocus  

Post Today at 9:55 am
Anyone have 2 extra tickets for today

amother
Stoneblue  

Post Today at 10:58 am
My kids are there now. We aren’t a chunuch family but my father is a Rebbi. So special that cl gives rabbeim the opportunity to take their children and grandchildren on a fun trip without breaking the bank. When I was growing up a big amusement park on chol hamoed was like a dream. My parents sacrificed a lot for my father to be a Rebbi and we definitely had to do things very simply. It’s nice they have these perks now. My father pours his heart and soul into being mechanech his talmidim.

amother
  Crocus

Post Today at 10:59 am
amother Crocus wrote:
Anyone have 2 extra tickets for today

Actually looking for 1

amother
  Lightpink  

Post Today at 11:01 am
amother Crocus wrote:
Actually looking for 1

I have 4 extra tickets. But I live in Alaska.

amother
  Gray  

Post Today at 12:54 pm

amother
Caramel  

Post Today at 1:05 pm
amother Stoneblue wrote:
My kids are there now. We aren’t a chunuch family but my father is a Rebbi. So special that cl gives rabbeim the opportunity to take their children and grandchildren on a fun trip without breaking the bank. When I was growing up a big amusement park on chol hamoed was like a dream. My parents sacrificed a lot for my father to be a Rebbi and we definitely had to do things very simply. It’s nice they have these perks now. My father pours his heart and soul into being mechanech his talmidim.

Would be so nice if working people who can't afford it would have this opportunity too. Why do their children not deserve to have a good time too?

amother
  Stoneblue  

Post Today at 1:07 pm
amother Caramel wrote:
Would be so nice if working people who can't afford it would have this opportunity too. Why do their children not deserve to have a good time too?

So start an organization! Chasdei lev was started davka for people in chinuch. Not every organization can service everyone. Do you expect chai lifeline to service kids who are from divorced homes? Or my extended family to service children with mental health challenges? No. Why when it comes to chasdei lev are people so negative??

amother
  Poppy

Post Today at 3:01 pm
amother Lightpink wrote:
I have 4 extra tickets. But I live in Alaska.

Wait so this isnt a joke? You really live there??

amother
  Lightpink  

Post Today at 4:02 pm
amother Poppy wrote:
Wait so this isnt a joke? You really live there??

No! Was in the mood of having a bit of fun last night, but decided it's time to come clean now! Sorry!

amother
  Lightpink

Post Today at 4:11 pm
amother Caramel wrote:

Maybe you just live in the wrong place! There's an organisation catering to mental health issues and the 'side-effects'. One of the spin-offs of the org is arranging subsidised evenings, events and outings. They do woman's evenings, and subsidised family trips.
Today they rented a theme park, Gulliver's I think for $12 a person, incl transport for those without cars.
Was open to everyone, wall street bankers and Rebbeim, knitted kippa or black velvet, white shirt or pink.
I didn't go as I have a newborn, but a couple of my kids went with my neighbor, said it was great.

amother
  Gray  

Post Today at 7:35 pm
I'll say it straight out- I was very wary of my husband becoming a rebbi. Financially we were (more than!) fine with him staying in kollel. He came home and the focus was just on us. Now, there is prep work, parents calling and so on. Financially it is actually more challenging as I have to cut hours when he isn't available, and we don't have the same flexibility of paying less child care while he picked up/or made the bus then was with child for a bit and then I meet them at home. If kids have a half day and the schedules don't align, I'm the one that has to take off now. My earning potential is way higher than his, and I am working less while struggling to get the minimal amount needed to earn per month in each month. My husband helped a ton with shopping and cooking and now has no time so either I work less and shop, or order delivery via email from a local small grocery store (more expensive). No kollel discounts or gift cards for shoes (we got those 2x in 12 plus years) or any of the kollel tomchei torah random things that would help out. Tuition went up as there are now 2 incomes. I had to cut my cleaning help from two times a week for 6 hours each time to one time a week for 3 hours.
Yes, many of this can apply to any working man, but hopefully a man working is making more than my husband's rebbi salary and that makes it worth it. My husband has talents that could be channeled to more financially lucrative fields.
I really truly had a hard transition to sharing his incredible kochos, he just doesn’t have the same amount of time and energy. The messaging of chasdei lev, the songs they produced were literally on repeat in my house and in my head. I cried while listening and reframing my mindset
I am so so proud now to be the wife of a rebbi, an incredible rebbi bh!!!
CL was an integral part of that process.

amother
Almond

Post Today at 7:40 pm
I also wish there was something for working parents. Everyone works hard not just the Rebbeim and not everyone can afford an expensive chol hamoed trip.

amother
Starflower

Post Today at 7:48 pm
amother Almond wrote:
I also wish there was something for working parents. Everyone works hard not just the Rebbeim and not everyone can afford an expensive chol hamoed trip.

Like a previous poster said, someone can work on this. Rent out a place and sell tickets at cost. It’s possible.

Chasdei Lev is an organization that is not merely a financial support for chinuch families. It is there to instill pride in families of Rebbeim and Morahs.

I don’t see any comments on the hamaspik trip post asking why working families weren’t invited. Honestly, only if you live it, can you understand.

amother
  Bergamot

Post Today at 7:51 pm
amother Gray wrote:
I'll say it straight out- I was very wary of my husband becoming a rebbi. Financially we were (more than!) fine with him staying in kollel. He came home and the focus was just on us. Now, there is prep work, parents calling and so on. Financially it is actually more challenging as I have to cut hours when he isn't available, and we don't have the same flexibility of paying less child care while he picked up/or made the bus then was with child for a bit and then I meet them at home. If kids have a half day and the schedules don't align, I'm the one that has to take off now. My earning potential is way higher than his, and I am working less while struggling to get the minimal amount needed to earn per month in each month. My husband helped a ton with shopping and cooking and now has no time so either I work less and shop, or order delivery via email from a local small grocery store (more expensive). No kollel discounts or gift cards for shoes (we got those 2x in 12 plus years) or any of the kollel tomchei torah random things that would help out. Tuition went up as there are now 2 incomes. I had to cut my cleaning help from two times a week for 6 hours each time to one time a week for 3 hours.
Yes, many of this can apply to any working man, but hopefully a man working is making more than my husband's rebbi salary and that makes it worth it. My husband has talents that could be channeled to more financially lucrative fields.
I really truly had a hard transition to sharing his incredible kochos, he just doesn’t have the same amount of time and energy. The messaging of chasdei lev, the songs they produced were literally on repeat in my house and in my head. I cried while listening and reframing my mindset
I am so so proud now to be the wife of a rebbi, an incredible rebbi bh!!!
CL was an integral part of that process.

agree! my husband left kollel about 5 years ago, after approx 15 year BH. He isn't a rebbe, but he is a teacher in a kiruv school so I kinda consider that as a rebbe (though no chasdei lev or rebbe benefits). since he's left kollel, B"H their stipend has gone up. my husband's pay isn't good... I sometimes wish he had stayed in kollel...HOWEVER, he does feel it's important to "give back" and contribute to the community. BH BH BH for that.
I know, doesn't fit the thread. just wanted to chime in specifically to you.

amother
  Gray  

Post Today at 7:58 pm
amother Almond wrote:

There are so many free events, free concerts, the Dr Robert's huge sukkos carnival and shows, goody bag, full day schedule that happens every year, the free events from the city/met council/ jcc, chabad always has something, random stores like breadberry or places like bp center will have events and so on. Many communities have a free event/fundraiser from different organizations like hatzala. Everyone goes, those who can donate. This year I saw ads for 5 towns, Flatbush, Edison and Lakewood for free events.
CL is unique as it is pushing for the chashivus and hakaras hatov for rebbeim. My kids felt so good to be able to join, almost like it was a reward for sharing Tatty's time. They were so proud and kept pointing out the Thank you Rebbi signs that were hung up.

amother
  Gray

Post Today at 8:02 pm
amother Starflower wrote:
Like a previous poster said, someone can work on this. Rent out a place and sell tickets at cost. It’s possible.

Chasdei Lev is an organization that is not merely a financial support for chinuch families. It is there to instill pride in families of Rebbeim and Morahs.

I don’t see any comments on the hamaspik trip post asking why working families weren’t invited. Honestly, only if you live it, can you understand.

Actually Ari Dicker does this, and had an event near Lakewood today. His website is Yeshivamidwinter.com

amother
  Stoneblue

Post Today at 8:02 pm
amother Almond wrote:

I hear you I really do. I just don’t understand why this always comes up as a response to chasdei lev. Like I said this is a niche organization. Why do people have such a hard time fargining rabbeim?

amother
  Caramel

Post Today at 8:11 pm
amother Stoneblue wrote:
I hear you I really do. I just don’t understand why this always comes up as a response to chasdei lev. Like I said this is a niche organization. Why do people have such a hard time fargining rabbeim?

It's not about not fargining rabbeim. I just don't understand why there are so many more resources available to them and not regular working people. Many people work hard and don't have good paying jobs. And help others and their families sacrifice. And could really benefit from all the perks that rebbeim have. But people don't like to fargin the simple working folks.

TheCoolMom

Post Today at 9:10 pm
My husband is a Rebbe because it's his passion. He loves teaching, and the impact he has on his students is undeniable. I often hear from parents about the difference he’s made in their child’s life, and while I appreciate it, it doesn’t stop me from feeling frustrated at times.

The reality is that it’s hard to ignore the financial strain, especially knowing that he’s had other opportunities—ones that made more sense for us as a family. Opportunities that would give him the chance to invest more time and energy into our own kids, rather than everyone else’s.

I know there are many organizations out there that serve different niches, helping in various ways, and I really do appreciate what Chasdei Lev does. It’s clear they understand the unique challenges Rebbes and their families face, and they do a lot to boost morale. In fact, there was a moment that shifted things a little for me. I went to a Chasdei Lev pickup in his place, and seeing the way it was organized—the hakaras hatov they showed gave me a brief sense of peace. It reminded me why he continues to teach, even when it might not be the most practical choice for us.

mig100  

Post Today at 10:01 pm
TheCoolMom wrote:
My husband is a Rebbe because it's his passion. He loves teaching, and the impact he has on his students is undeniable. I often hear from parents about the difference he’s made in their child’s life, and while I appreciate it, it doesn’t stop me from feeling frustrated at times.

The reality is that it’s hard to ignore the financial strain, especially knowing that he’s had other opportunities—ones that made more sense for us as a family. Opportunities that would give him the chance to invest more time and energy into our own kids, rather than everyone else’s.

I know there are many organizations out there that serve different niches, helping in various ways, and I really do appreciate what Chasdei Lev does. It’s clear they understand the unique challenges Rebbes and their families face, and they do a lot to boost morale. In fact, there was a moment that shifted things a little for me. I went to a Chasdei Lev pickup in his place, and seeing the way it was organized—the hakaras hatov they showed gave me a brief sense of peace. It reminded me why he continues to teach, even when it might not be the most practical choice for us.

Beautiful. May you and ur husband continue to have the strength to give to the kllal Applause Applause Applause
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics