Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Were you at Dorney Park (Chasdei Lev) today
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Yesterday at 6:20 pm
Was anyone there today?
Im supposed to go tomorrow and am curious about how long the lines were, and the weather.

amother
Apricot

Post Yesterday at 6:45 pm
amother OP wrote:
Was anyone there today?
Im supposed to go tomorrow and am curious about how long the lines were, and the weather.

How much is it with chasdei lev?

amother
Poppy  

Post Yesterday at 6:58 pm
amother Apricot wrote:
How much is it with chasdei lev?

My sister said $10(!)

She was the today.

I’m not zoche for such discounts lol.

amother
Lightpink  

Post Yesterday at 9:04 pm
amother Poppy wrote:
My sister said $10(!)

She was the today.

I’m not zoche for such discounts lol.

You do know what the (Imamother) answer to that is, don't you? Your husband should become a Rebbe.

ETA: Where I live there was a subsidised trip to a theme park for $12, open to the whole town, whether you're a kollel family or a wall street banker.

amother
Hawthorn

Post Yesterday at 9:10 pm
amother Lightpink wrote:
You do know what the (Imamother) answer to that is, don't you? Your husband should become a Rebbe.

ETA: Where I live there was a subsidised trip to a theme park for $12, open to the whole town, whether you're a kollel family or a wall street banker.
I love this! Like the 1/2 shekel that everyone had to give equally. I

amother
  Poppy  

Post Yesterday at 9:12 pm
amother Lightpink wrote:

LOL LOL LOL

I just laughed so hard thinking of my clean shaved pink shirt husband as a rebbe in the Lakewood Cheder.

Thanks for the laughs.

That’s cool- can I ask where?

amother
Blushpink  

Post Yesterday at 9:14 pm
We were there today.
Bh kids had a fabulous time! Since it’s such a big park, the lines weren’t so long and kids really got to go on a lot of rides. There was also a cute clown show and Yoel Ferber story my younger ones really enjoyed.
All in all a great experience bh

amother
  Lightpink  

Post Yesterday at 9:14 pm
amother Poppy wrote:
LOL LOL LOL

I just laughed so hard thinking of my clean shaved pink shirt husband as a rebbe in the Lakewood Cheder.

Thanks for the laughs.

That’s cool- can I ask where?

Alaska.

amother
  Poppy  

Post Yesterday at 9:16 pm
amother Lightpink wrote:
Alaska.

Is there a rebbi job open? Will they accept him if he wears pink shirts? If so save me a ticket I’m moving.

amother
Lotus

Post Yesterday at 9:27 pm
I know a rebbi from Midwest who is going!! Sounds amazing!
And saw some pics on MKY status.

amother
  Lightpink  

Post Yesterday at 9:31 pm
amother Poppy wrote:
Is there a rebbi job open? Will they accept him if he wears pink shirts? If so save me a ticket I’m moving.

There are of Rebbi jobs available, the problem there aren't any kids! Except mine. So we home-school.

I think I'm one of the few people in the world who match my kids simply because I enjoy it rather then to impress the neighbors. That's cuz we've not got any!

The theme park was great, no queues! There were a few polar bears, but otherwise it was very quiet!

I used to hate theme parks when we lived in Brooklyn, spent all day holding everyone's coats and taking the kids to the bathroom Sad .

And dh and I couldn't go on the roller-coaster because, well...shidduchim, and getting our kids into school... But here we ride the rides to our hearts content!

But if any jobs come up, I'll PM you. Having company is a small price to pay for not being able to enjoy the roller-coasters. Or, we could do boys time and girls time. Or whatever floats your boat.

amother
Orchid

Post Yesterday at 9:33 pm
Such a beautiful initiative!
I love that chasdei Lev does this for my kid’s rebbes and their families

amother
Sienna

Post Yesterday at 9:35 pm
Supposed to be going tomorrow.
Did they give out anything?

amother
Pearl

Post Yesterday at 9:41 pm
They gave each family a bag of chips, chocolate, cookies and sucking candies. They were also giving out ices and there was water available throughout the park. The kiddie park had long lines but the rest of the park didn’t really. It was incredible we are so appreciative to CL!

amother
Bergamot  

Post Yesterday at 9:41 pm
so special! I wish teachers were offered this too!

amother
Oatmeal

Post Yesterday at 9:52 pm
We were there today! Kids had a great time today bh!

Lines were long by kiddie park but kids got to go on rides

amother
Gray  

Post Yesterday at 9:55 pm
amother Blushpink wrote:
We were there today.
Bh kids had a fabulous time! Since it’s such a big park, the lines weren’t so long and kids really got to go on a lot of rides. There was also a cute clown show and Yoel Ferber story my younger ones really enjoyed.
All in all a great experience bh

We were there today
Older kids had a great time, not crazy lines, typical 15/20 min
The lines for the younger kids rides were extremely long like 45 min to an hour plus. There were times it was only 40 min but majority had a really pong wait time. Was super duper crowded and stuffy by the kiddie ride area. Was a wonderful day and a great experience but very much a choice to have a positive mind set. Not sure it was less crowded than other popular destinations full of yidden experiences...
Was very nicely run, very organized
Husband had a wonderful time catching up with all the rebbi chevra and old friends, he really enjoyed that comradery.
All in all Was beautiful, looking forward to the next event.
Very grateful, very special.

amother
  Blushpink

Post Yesterday at 10:38 pm
I believe it’s offered for teachers as well but it’s possible I’m mistake .
Can someone verify?

amother
  Bergamot

Post Yesterday at 10:50 pm
amother Blushpink wrote:
Can someone verify?

maybe only ones that qualify for chasdei lev?
I think I was told I couldn't get chasdei lev as an English teacher. maybe it was just that specific yeshiva/school that I work in because they need to pay $ for it.

amother
Royalblue

Post Yesterday at 11:44 pm
amother Blushpink wrote:
Can someone verify?

Idk how it works for rebbes but for Morah’s the school has to pay part of it for the morah to be eligible or so I was told and the school I work in now and the last one I worked in both don’t have the funds to do that so no teacher working for our schools can get it. It stings since we already get paid so much less than rebbes.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics