Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Gan Yisroel VS Bais Yakov - school in Boro Park for girls

BigAppleBaby  

Post Yesterday at 11:40 pm
We are a heimish Hasidic family, and I’m trying to decide where to send my daughter to school. Is Gan Yisroel a good option, or is it too modern compared to Bais Yaakov?

amother
Seashell

Post Yesterday at 11:43 pm
Gan Yisroel is more chassidish than Bais Yaakov but chassidish families send to both

amother
Petunia

Post Yesterday at 11:44 pm
Keep in mind Gan Yisroel does not have a high school.

amother
Clover

Post Yesterday at 11:50 pm
amother Petunia wrote:

Neither does bais yaakov. The elementary and high school have similar names but are not connected.

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Yesterday at 11:56 pm
Following
Was wondering the same..

My friend sends to gan yisrael and is really happy.

amother
Magnolia

Post Yesterday at 11:56 pm
Gan yisroel is a warm loving school each girl grows in not just educational but social emotional skills. Gan yisroel teaches true middle and hashkafos with chadidish hanhagos. If chasidus midos and tznius are important to you Gan yisroel wins.

Btw the bjbp girls my daughter knows from simplest homes know all trends styles and brands (3rd/5th gd) my daughters do not come home with any of that from school

BigAppleBaby  

Post Today at 12:07 am
amother Petunia wrote:

What does this mean? Will it be difficult for me to find a high school?

BigAppleBaby

Post Today at 12:09 am
Thanks!!
We might consider moving to Monsey in a year, and we know it's really tough to get accepted there. Does Gan Yisroel have a good enough reputation to help with acceptance into other schools?

Molly Weasley  

Post Today at 12:21 am
BigAppleBaby wrote:
What does this mean? Will it be difficult for me to find a high school?

Bjbp doesn't have a high school either, but the girls traditionally have easier time finding High schools than GY

This was a problem a number of years ago, because GY's original curriculum didn't really align well with the expectations of most of the high schools. It's gotten better since.

Molly Weasley

Post Today at 12:26 am
amother Magnolia wrote:
Gan yisroel is a warm loving school each girl grows in not just educational but social emotional skills. Gan yisroel teaches true middle and hashkafos with chadidish hanhagos. If chasidus midos and tznius are important to you Gan yisroel wins.

Btw the bjbp girls my daughter knows from simplest homes know all trends styles and brands (3rd/5th gd) my daughters do not come home with any of that from school

I sincerely hope that your message doesn't align with Gan Yisroel's values, as it is quite distasteful.

amother
Pansy

Post Today at 2:45 am
Molly Weasley wrote:
I sincerely hope that your message doesn't align with Gan Yisroel's values, as it is quite distasteful.

What??

amother
Sage

Post Today at 10:36 am
I send my daughter to GY. We are very happy BH. At three yrs old she is already aware of what tznius is.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics