Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
DL communities

amother
OP  

Post Mon, Sep 30 2024, 8:15 am
DH and I are nearing an opportunity of making aliyah. I am pretty sure we are looking for dati leumi communities. Any suggestions?

We live more YU/RWMO/JPF in the states but its not my true self nor my families at least as far as dress goes.

I would like a community more “liberal” in tznius standards. I would like to never wear sheitals again and I want to wear short sleeves! My DH doesnt care if I cover my hair ever but I do anyway.

Dont need schools. Kids are grown.

An anglo/Israeli mix would be nice. Not sure about RBS. I feel like it might be too much chareidi there (no offense), just not our thing.

justforfun87  

Post Mon, Sep 30 2024, 8:19 am
We are looking at Efrat and Modiin that fit those bill. Modiin may be too "left" for us. .Do you have older kids? Do you have money? Those will help determine where to look.

Carmei Gat is the up and coming Anglo community with over 200 pioneer YU type families that started a community. From the video it seemed like tznius ranges. The pricing is amazing and I would totally move there but my kids are a bit older. From the video/website it seems most adults are in 20/30s with kids like ages 7 and below.

essie14  

Post Mon, Sep 30 2024, 8:21 am
Modiin
Efrat
Raanana
Neve daniel
Rehovot
Netanya
Ashkelon
Ashdod
Arnona, Jerusalem

amother
Green

Post Mon, Sep 30 2024, 8:26 am
amother OP wrote:
I would like a community more “liberal” in tznius standards. I would like to never wear sheitals again and I want to wear short sleeves! My DH doesnt care if I cover my hair ever but I do anyway.

Do you.kean that you want to wear a mitpachat, or that you don't want to cover your hair?

Very different communities.

amother
Phlox

Post Mon, Sep 30 2024, 8:34 am
RBS keeps getting this kind of response here. It may not be the right place for you, but know that there are people here just like you. RB proper may be a better fit, though.

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Sep 30 2024, 8:35 am
Some neighborhoods in RBS would be a good fit. Sheinfeld, Ramat Shilo, Mishkafayim, Dolev area in Aleph, Neveh Shamir/Heh

justforfun87

Post Mon, Sep 30 2024, 8:35 am
amother Phlox wrote:
RBS keeps getting this kind of response here. It may not be the right place for you, but know that there are people here just like you. RB proper may be a better fit, though.

So I spoke to someone about this and she was like sure you will fit in but in those areas there is no housing/apartments available such as Sheinfeld. Is that true?

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Sep 30 2024, 8:49 am
amother Green wrote:
Do you.kean that you want to wear a mitpachat, or that you don't want to cover your hair?

Very different communities.

I would wear a mitpachat but simple version. Not the elaborate wraps. And my hair would be sticking out.

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Sep 30 2024, 9:27 am
If you don't have kids in school I would stay far away from BS and RBS. The city is getting more and more chareidi. The DL are being slowly pushed out. Many people are leaving once their kids finish school.

amother
  OP

Post Mon, Sep 30 2024, 10:05 am
My kids didnt like RBS when they were visiting friends (in aleph). Of course they all like Ra’ananah. But I dont think we fit the financial profile for that place. Ideally I want a place where the kids will enjoy when they come to visit but priority is fit as a couple and financially. Is Netanya more or less affordable than Ra’anana?

essie14

Post Mon, Sep 30 2024, 10:24 am
amother OP wrote:
My kids didnt like RBS when they were visiting friends (in aleph). Of course they all like Ra’ananah. But I dont think we fit the financial profile for that place. Ideally I want a place where the kids will enjoy when they come to visit but priority is fit as a couple and financially. Is Netanya more or less affordable than Ra’anana?

You can look at prices of rentals on yad2.co.il
I think prices vary widely in Netanya. Depends how close you want to be to the water.

Not everyone in Raanana is wealthy or ostentatious. I have some simple friends who live there

amother
Freesia

Post Mon, Sep 30 2024, 11:21 am
Depends how Anglo you want there are plenty of dl communities

But we personally love Efrat and Modiin, Sheinfeld and Ranaana all are very similar running the gamut of MO

Our Israeli family runs the gamut and majority live in those areas, older generations live in Jerusalem

Heard wonderful things about carmei gat but haven’t spent time there.

Best is to take a pilot trip
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions