Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Are there still Harry communities
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7

amother
Viola

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 6:39 am
amother Navy wrote:
Umm it’s very looked down upon in town. It’s nerdy and not at all in style according to fashionistas.

You put it in harsh snobby terms.

Its almost scary to read. Such a judgemental mindset.

Perhaps its not the height of fashion, sure. but when a third of your bunk in Neranina is wearung a tottinni outfit it its hard to say its not mainstream.

Ruchel  

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 7:14 am
Kidichic is expensive and trendy people get others to bring it to our country... How you talk sound like middle school bully

amother
  Navy

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 7:22 am
amother Viola wrote:
You put it in harsh snobby terms.

Its almost scary to read. Such a judgemental mindset.

Perhaps its not the height of fashion, sure. but when a third of your bunk in Neranina is wearung a tottinni outfit it its hard to say its not mainstream.

There is nothing harsh about what I said. I dress my kids in the clothing everyone needs to stop reading things that are not there. Common doesn’t make something in style and trendy. Don’t know why people are losing it over this. It’s cheap easy clothing the best bang for you buck when it comes to tznius clothing. Why is everyone so highly offended.

Simple1

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 7:35 am
amother Navy wrote:
There is nothing harsh about what I said. I dress my kids in the clothing everyone needs to stop reading things that are not there. Common doesn’t make something in style and trendy. Don’t know why people are losing it over this. It’s cheap easy clothing the best bang for you buck when it comes to tznius clothing. Why is everyone so highly offended.

Your post was misunderstood. But my kids have gotten compliments on kidichic clothing from fashion conscious people. They really do have nice clothing.

Last edited by Simple1 on Tue, Jul 02 2024, 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
  Turquoise

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 7:37 am
amother Navy wrote:

There is a difference between nerdy and not trendy. I think kidichic and tottini fall into an in between. Its not nerdy, everyone wears them. But its not necessarily trendy and super fashionable.

amother
  Electricblue

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 7:39 am
Ladies, op asked to get back on topic!

amother
  OP

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 8:01 pm
OK the recommendations so far are:

Baltimore MD - 8
Silver Spring MD - 8
Philadelphia PA - 5
St Louis MO - 3
Chicago IL - 3
South Bend IN - 3
Denver CO - 3
Atlanta GA - 3
Rochester NY - 3
Las Vegas-Henderson NV - 3
Dallas TX - 3
Unspecified tiny out-of-town community as far from Lakewood as possible - 3

Honorable Mention (1-2 suggestions each): Cincinnati OH, Phoenix AZ, Pittsburgh PA, Jacksonville FL, Columbus OH, Orlando FL, Cherry Hill NJ, Detroit MI, Cleveland OH, Boston MA, Passaic NJ, A less rich community in Europe, Milwaukee WI, Scranton PA, Houston TX, Louisville KY, Lancaster PA, Highland Park-Edison NJ, Queens NY, Norfolk VA

amother
  Mulberry  

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 9:36 pm
amother OP wrote:

Baltimore MD - 8
Silver Spring MD - 8
Philadelphia PA - 5
St Louis MO - 3
Chicago IL - 3
South Bend IN - 3
Denver CO - 3
Atlanta GA - 3
Rochester NY - 3
Dallas TX - 3

Honorable Mention (1-2 suggestions each): Cincinnati OH, Phoenix AZ, Pittsburgh PA, Jacksonville FL, Columbus OH, Orlando FL, Cherry Hill NJ, Detroit MI, Cleveland OH, Boston MA, Passaic NJ, A less rich community in Europe, Milwaukee WI, Scranton PA, Houston TX, Louisville KY, Lancaster PA, Highland Park-Edison NJ, Queens NY, Norfolk VA

You have a nice list there! I think you need to factor in what other features are important for you and narrow it down.

Do you want to be close to tristate?
More developed city vs quiet suburban/ country like?
Budget for housing?
Job availability?
Variety of schools?
Etc etc

I found Pittsburgh and Cincinnati to be like what you're describing, also maybe parts of Philadelphia

amother
Steelblue

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 9:15 pm
Omg I am exactly as you describe yourself. Unfortunately I live in lakewood. I'm like a fish out of water here...I fantasize about living in a place like this.

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 11:08 pm
This may be too small for what you’re looking for, but Minneapolis would fit all of those except homeschooling. I don’t think we have any homeschoolers right now.

amother
DarkViolet

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 10:20 am
Lol why is life all about clothes ?! so confused why I sat here reading through seven pages about trendy vs not trendy communities… if someone raises their kids with self acceptance and awareness then I don’t see why someone can’t live anywhere…. According to their financial means and materialistic standards and Tsnius standards (whether it’s riding a bike or not).

amother
NeonGreen

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 12:01 pm
I grew up in baltimore, move away for more than 10 years when I got married and moved back over a decade ago. The community has definitely changed a lot, but has a decent amount of old Baltimore too.

Baltimore is what you make of it. It's a huge mix. Yes a lot of in-towny have moved in and influenced the old timers, but there are plenty of the out of town "nerds" here too. Yes the kids can be cliquey, but that was always the case. You have a cool group of kids and a not cool and nerdy and each finds it's niche. Not much mixing in friends, but everyone accepts everyone. That's how it was in my day over 25 years ago in Bais Yaakov Baltimore.

I have older boys-- teens to early twenties. They don't care what people think. They don't dress nerdy, but no way "in-style". They want to look neat and not crazy outdated.

My girls are still little, but not crazy into fashion YET. I only know about Kidichic and Tottini from this site. Discovered Tottini sales are crazy cheap (dresses for $5). My mother in law lives near a Kidichic and buys dresses for my girls on sale. I'm a big fan of Temu and Shein. Cheap and cute.

I myself don't wear old fashion clothing, but definitely not in style(I happen to dislike much of the in style clothing). I am who I am--take it or leave it. I have friends like me and friends who are very into style. They don't care about my dress.

There is a decent size home school "group" in town, but it's hard socially and you can tell on the kids that they are missing skills. They have their home school friends.

Kids play outside on blocks--really depends on the block.

I will ride a bike with my kids, but more on trails than in the neighborhood, but I have ridden with my kids on local streets once in a while too. I make sure to wear a longer skirt that won't go up at all while biking. I haven't done it in years though.

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 12:25 pm
amother Navy wrote:
That’s what I dress my kids in. And it’s considered nerdy. I’m still ok with it. Just letting oot people know how it is, because it is absolutely not the in style clothing. Not sure how you misunderstood me and called me snobby but ok.

I live in 5 towns area and shockingly I know; our kidichic is packed it’s one of the most popular stores.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 12:33 pm
Kidichic is like super expensive and all

amother
Myrtle

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 12:35 pm
amother OP wrote:

Baltimore MD - 8
Silver Spring MD - 8
Philadelphia PA - 5
St Louis MO - 3
Chicago IL - 3
South Bend IN - 3
Denver CO - 3
Atlanta GA - 3
Rochester NY - 3
Dallas TX - 3

What about Houston?

amother
  Mulberry

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 12:49 pm
amother DarkViolet wrote:
Lol why is life all about clothes ?! so confused why I sat here reading through seven pages about trendy vs not trendy communities… if someone raises their kids with self acceptance and awareness then I don’t see why someone can’t live anywhere…. According to their financial means and materialistic standards and Tsnius standards (whether it’s riding a bike or not).

And I'm confused about why you would randomly respond on a thread that is 2 months old without any new updates to add 🤔
Page 7 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating