Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Daycare issue
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
  Pink  

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 9:50 pm
Op, there are so many red flags on this situation. This is all so wrong and has nothing to do with your baby being advanced.
Your baby would do much better home with you or with a small group of a loving Morah.
Sending her back tomorrow is irresponsible and sad for your baby.

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 9:56 pm
amother Pink wrote:
Op, there are so many red flags on this situation. This is all so wrong and has nothing to do with your baby being advanced.
Your baby would do much better home with you or with a small group of a loving Morah.
Sending her back tomorrow is irresponsible and sad for your baby.

I understand your point

amother
  Pink  

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 9:58 pm
amother OP wrote:
I understand your point

Sometimes it’s so hard to change plans when a lot of things work for us but there are so many red flags to drop baby off there tomorrow is just too sad and unfair to your little one.

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 9:59 pm
amother Pink wrote:
Sometimes it’s so hard to change plans when a lot of things work for us but there are so many red flags to drop baby off there tomorrow is just too sad and unfair to your little one.

I know and thanks for posting your opinion
I'll discuss with DH
I think the thread sounds more severe than it really was. For this kid, a lot of it just makes sense...

Dolly Welsh  

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 10:05 pm
If you are sending her out because she needs friends and stimulation, this situation is failing miserably at that exact goal.

And it's the only goal.

Low stimulation, insufficient stimulation, is torture.

Imagine you are in a waiting room. The only magazines on the table are torn, out of date, silly, and few. There are no pictures on the walls. It is forbidden to take out your phone. You just have to sit there, and make do with the stupid magazines from two years ago about long forgotten celebrities you never heard of anyway. For hours.

That's what this feels like to her. Boredom kills the spirit and mind.

Make a change, any change. She would be better off at home as you are a good and stimulating mommy.

This is a SMART KID. You will have this situation forever. Start now buying lots of interesting books and leave them where she can get at them. Always have a few around that are too hard for her. You cannot know when they will not be too hard for her. Life is smoother if they are there already, in advance of need.

Smart kids will kill you if they do not have enough to think about, if they are not learning something. They will make you wish you were never born, until you give them something to learn. Then suddenly sunshine reigns again, in an instant.

This isn't going to change, about her. G-d made her that way.

amother
  Pink

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 10:09 pm
[quote="amother OP"]I know and thanks for posting your opinion
I'll discuss with DH
I think the thread sounds more severe than it really was. For this kid, a lot of it just makes sense...[/quote
Wish you the best for you and your baby.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 10:10 pm
OP please don’t let everyone here guilt you. If you need to send her out for your mental health, that’s understandable.

You say she’s a velcro baby… it makes sense that she’d cry more than your other kids when you leave her.

I agree with the other poster about bringing her on time. Then you could pick her up after lunch which is a natural break in the day rather than a vague early pickup. I’d also insist on staying until she’s calm. Don’t drag out the goodbye (even if she cries) but if you can calm her down before you leave, it makes sense to do that.

The problem with daycare is that you can’t pick the teachers. They might be great and your daughter just needs more time. Or they’re not and you may need to find a new place. If you do change your mind and keep her home, know that this stage WILL pass and you’ll eventually have some breathing space again.

Good luck! I hope it works out.

rose613

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 10:12 pm
Do you have a housekeeper who can watch her when you need a break? ESP while she’s napping, that’s what I would do. Leave baby napping with housekeeper. Or hire a post sem girl a few hours a week. There’s a middle ground here.

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 10:15 pm
OP said she did not need to send her out.

If OP does need to send her out, simply send her to an older group of kids.

TwinsMommy

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 8:35 pm
some kids are just better off at home. I sub for daycares/ playgroups and there are some kids who just cry and cry unless they're being held by Morah. Those kids would be better off at home with 1:1 care--- when Mom needs a break, babysitter joins mom in play.... mom sneaks off to another room while baby is in her home envioronment and calm with sitter, and leaves for a while-- longer and longer each time. I did that and hired a sitter for one morning a week---- other times I worked were during naptime and after bedtime and somehow I managed a career at that point. (I wasn't subbing then, obvs!)

I see the parental side of wanting to calm your kid before leaving, but from the Morah's side..... we've got some kids who cry every time a Mommy or Totty enters the room and they calm down when it's just the one main Morah again. So you're calming your kid, but two other kids have a meltdown cloud over their head and Morah sees it coming. Smile Depends on the age and personality, but.... wow I had one mom visit who wanted to sit with her kid for a half hour and make comments on what I was doing with other babies "oh he needs a bottle now....." (lady he just had 8 ounces--- that's NOT what he needs now!) So I get the other side too.

amother
  OP

Post Yesterday at 2:28 pm
to work along with me, she woke up feeling sick on monday so she was home until today.. today she went out for 3 hours and was pretty ok. cried a bit in the morning.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics