Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
What jobs make this kind of money?
1  2  Next

amother
OP  

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 11:03 am
Right now I bring in a shocking pay check. I want to make a lot more. I want to be able to be more than just ok at the end of the month. I want there to be money there at the end of the month.
So, what jobs out there in Israel have a salary from 15 - 25 thousand shekels a month? Any tchum.

salt

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 2:07 am
Do you mean a net salary of 15-25 thousand?

hi-tech.

amother
Moccasin  

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 5:47 am
You can be an MK or head a department in a hospital and earn a very high salary. You can be an entrepreneur and the sky is the limit. Most regular salaried jobs don't make that much, and most families manage by having two incomes. Sorry!

amother
Burlywood  

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 6:03 am
amother OP wrote:
Right now I bring in a shocking pay check. I want to make a lot more. I want to be able to be more than just ok at the end of the month. I want there to be money there at the end of the month.
So, what jobs out there in Israel have a salary from 15 - 25 thousand shekels a month? Any tchum.

Business analysts, engineers of all types, project managers in big firms, product managers in engineering, some accountants and many more.

Depends on what you’re interested in and if you want to go to school.

My dh and I are in tech.

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 9:45 am
amother Moccasin wrote:
You can be an MK or head a department in a hospital and earn a very high salary. You can be an entrepreneur and the sky is the limit. Most regular salaried jobs don't make that much, and most families manage by having two incomes. Sorry!

Not sure why you think I am not aware of this. Both my husband and I work. We just dont bring in enough. So I would really like to try and study something that will bring in a much bigger salary to improve our monthly and long term finances.
If we were to bring in, together, 30 or 40k, that would be wonderful. Right now we b'koshi bring in 18 and some months its more like 16. And its very hard to manage.

amother
  Moccasin  

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 9:51 am
amother OP wrote:
Not sure why you think I am not aware of this. Both my husband and I work. We just dont bring in enough. So I would really like to try and study something that will bring in a much bigger salary to improve our monthly and long term finances.
If we were to bring in, together, 30 or 40k, that would be wonderful. Right now we b'koshi bring in 18 and some months its more like 16. And its very hard to manage.

I hear you. If you have the inclination to start a new career, might as well choose one that pays well. I hope you find your niche!

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 12:37 pm
amother Moccasin wrote:
I hear you. If you have the inclination to start a new career, might as well choose one that pays well. I hope you find your niche!
Correct. I want to start a new career. Ive been working in ganim for too many years, working full time coming home with bubkis pay and I wanted to know what type of jobs will get me a ggreat salary.

amother
Nectarine  

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 12:59 pm
amother OP wrote:
Correct. I want to start a new career. Ive been working in ganim for too many years, working full time coming home with bubkis pay and I wanted to know what type of jobs will get me a ggreat salary.

Basically the answer is hi tech - which if you are above a certain age is not kdai because older people with years and years of experience have a hard time, kal vachomer a junior who have a hard time even in the beginning.

I would not go this route if you are over 35

The other route is opening a business. It comes with a ton of risk, but if you do well the sky is the limit.

In general would say lean into your talents and interests and then invest in schooling that will make you fantastic.

Are you a deep, worked thru person who is compassionate and loves helping people?
Go to school to become a therapist, take as many trainings as possible, get real experience and 10 years down you can open a private practice making 350 nis an hour. (5 hours a day, 5 days a week is 35k)

Are you super artistic and great designing spaces - become an interior designer and get a job that builds your experience and then advertise and get private clients.

Are you amazing with kids? Look into becoming a floortime therapist or an OT or ST, and again, private practice is the goal - the salaries for speech are not amazing, but the private speech therapist I use charges 350 nis an hour and has a waiting list.

Are you a real people person, with a good business head and have the wherewithal to pursue business- mortgage brokers and real estate agents are crowded fields, but the good ones who build themselves up make nice money.

I know a tour guide who is booked full even thru this war and he makes 700$ a day (before tax)

I also think that to make it here you need one spouse to have the salaried, lower paying job, and the other spouse has the buisness/freelance that makes more but is less stable

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 4:33 pm
amother Nectarine wrote:
Basically the answer is hi tech - which if you are above a certain age is not kdai because older people with years and years of experience have a hard time, kal vachomer a junior who have a hard time even in the beginning.

I would not go this route if you are over 35

The other route is opening a business. It comes with a ton of risk, but if you do well the sky is the limit.

In general would say lean into your talents and interests and then invest in schooling that will make you fantastic.

Are you a deep, worked thru person who is compassionate and loves helping people?
Go to school to become a therapist, take as many trainings as possible, get real experience and 10 years down you can open a private practice making 350 nis an hour. (5 hours a day, 5 days a week is 35k)

Are you super artistic and great designing spaces - become an interior designer and get a job that builds your experience and then advertise and get private clients.

Are you amazing with kids? Look into becoming a floortime therapist or an OT or ST, and again, private practice is the goal - the salaries for speech are not amazing, but the private speech therapist I use charges 350 nis an hour and has a waiting list.

Are you a real people person, with a good business head and have the wherewithal to pursue business- mortgage brokers and real estate agents are crowded fields, but the good ones who build themselves up make nice money.

I know a tour guide who is booked full even thru this war and he makes 700$ a day (before tax)

I also think that to make it here you need one spouse to have the salaried, lower paying job, and the other spouse has the buisness/freelance that makes more but is less stable

Thanks for this reply. Well Im 45 so I guess I have to take that into consideration.
I do not want to start a business.
I guess I have a lit to think about. I also dont want to study forever. Sigh. So hard.

amother
  Nectarine  

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 5:52 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks for this reply. Well Im 45 so I guess I have to take that into consideration.
I guess I have a lit to think about. I also dont want to study forever. Sigh. So hard.

Have you tried Kivun?

They are free career counseling, they do an aptitude test, and are good at helping you figure out what is a realistic career path

amother
Azure  

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 5:59 pm
I live in America, but I’m shocked that that’s considered an unattainable salary in Israel. 25,000 shekel is about 6,000 dollars/month. That’s a very very low salary in America

Brit in Israel  

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 6:38 pm
amother Nectarine wrote:
Have you tried Kivun?

They are free career counseling, they do an aptitude test, and are good at helping you figure out what is a realistic career path

I highly recommend Kivun. They really helped me get an understanding of what to look into. (Unfortunately wasn't any options to study in my areas in English and my Hebrew isn't strong enough)

Brit in Israel

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 6:40 pm
amother Azure wrote:
I live in America, but I’m shocked that that’s considered an unattainable salary in Israel. 25,000 shekel is about 6,000 dollars/month. That’s a very very low salary in America

That's why living in Israel isn't for the faint of hearts, it's a privilege but comes with it's hardships.

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 6:49 pm
amother Azure wrote:

6k a month is considered very very low?

I work my soul out and have a high level position and make only that amount

amother85

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 7:56 pm
amother Sapphire wrote:

Same! My take-home is a bit over $5k/month and I’m a professional. My gross salary is just over 110k (a huge chunk goes to taxes etc…I’m in Canada). When people talk about salaries in Israel being lower, in my mind I’m thinking $2500-3000/mth…

amother
  Azure

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 7:59 pm
amother Sapphire wrote:

I personally don’t either make 6k a month, but my husband makes 13k a month take home pay and we aren’t managing

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 11:38 pm
amother Azure wrote:

You cant compare. 25k in israel is only for certain jobs. Not your average joe shmoe.

amother
  Burlywood  

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 11:47 pm
amother OP wrote:

I just want to say that my dh and I don’t find this age bias everyone speaks about. We haven’t encountered it and have had more than a few people that retrained and joined in their 30s and 40s.

amother
  Burlywood  

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 11:51 pm
Americans can’t compare salaries there to here. It’s a different financial system that isn’t comparable. I took a 50% pay cut by moving but we can afford to live nicer here than in the States in my OOT community minus the smaller living spaces in Israel. For comparison, 150-200k usd here is a very good salary and very easy to live off of. In the USA, people making 200-300k usd are saying they’re struggling.

amother
Electricblue

Post Tue, Sep 10 2024, 1:38 am
amother Azure wrote:

Your prices are lower too.
But yes.
I am in Europe and have a very cushy job. Busy, difficult, but pay and benefits are amazing. I want to make aliya but how will I ever earn as much in Israel?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions