Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Who is buying the $60 kids pajamas??
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

giftedmom  

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 4:55 pm
amother Cappuccino wrote:
With little kids, people do see their pj's when we go away. So at that point I was into matching them but not for 60 dollars. Maybe 60 shekel. But I wouldn't just throw any random shmatta on them.

Right at the bungalow colony even my 7 year old still plays outside in pjs. I don’t need them to match but do like when they look decent.

amother
  Bone

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 4:57 pm
giftedmom wrote:
Right at the bungalow colony even my 7 year old still plays outside in pjs. I don’t need them to match but do like when they look decent.

So you put your kids to bed in clothes they've been playing outside in?

giftedmom

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 4:58 pm
amother Bone wrote:
So you put your kids to bed in clothes they've been playing outside in?

Is that a crime?

lavendar310

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 5:00 pm
Lol the only time my children got $60 pajamas was when my husband made a nice donation to someone and they bought us presents when I had a baby.

amother
Pistachio

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 5:52 pm
I have a few million dollars in the bank and can't even stomach the $42 pj's! (I thought that was the higher end... I guess it jumped since I last looked.) I buy adorable "nicer" pj's in Clover or Sage or Kidichic (Lakewood) for $25. And my toddlers in old navy, carters,carter's,, etc.

Snickers18

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 5:55 pm
amother Lemonlime wrote:
I also personally find it hard to believe that people who spend this much on pjs are passing down to younger kids. I guess I assume that these are the ones who prefer the latest trend or pattern.

we buy gap and carters on sale. never had an issue with them not ‘making it’ though a season or getting stretched out. not sure what others are doing or how they’re washing them that that is happening.

Yep. I have the same cheap pajamas that have lasted for all my children. They wear them to sleep in bed, not to run a marathon.

amother
Outerspace

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 6:04 pm
My kids get 1 or two nice pairs of $20-30 PJs/nightgown for Seder night that are then shabbos PJs till next pesach. Otherwise we get under $15
Shabbos PJs don't need to be $60

mommyhood

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 6:10 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
And they walk around the neighborhood and play with friends that way?

Yes. When the boys are old enough that they prefer to wear Shabbos clothing outside I stop buying them Shabbos pajamas. Girls switch to a robe and are fine wearing that outside Friday night at all ages.
And to answer another poster they do go to sleep in the pajamas they wore outside. Occasionally I’ll change a kid who gets dirty but they usually are fine.
And in case it wasn’t clear this is one pair for Friday night only. Other pajamas are inexpensive old navy type.

amother
Mayflower

Post Sat, Aug 31 2024, 2:49 pm
This is not me but I could totally understand how someone who has hundreds off millions of dollars in assets and a huge income that there is no difference between 6$, 16$ or 60$ for pajamas, so they just buy what is cute and convenient....

Like for most of us with an average middle class income - there is no difference between an item that is $1.50 or a $1.75, but for someone in a third world country making $2 a day, that could be the difference between life and death.

I am happy we have the uber wealthy who can support all the people in the luxury industries, and usually the tzedaka they give is proportionate to the spending - and we all benefit from community institutions that they keep afloat ( schools, shuls, mikvaos, organiozations) so go ahead and spend $60 on P.J's and make sure that you are spending a chomesh on tzedaka

amother
Poppy

Post Sat, Aug 31 2024, 11:43 pm
I received a little parni baby footie as a gift, & omg it's beyond any baby outfit I ever had! I wish it comes in my size LOL

I didn't know they're that expensive but they are amazing fabric & fit.

Personally I mostly buy cheap even though I can afford nicer things, so when I decide to get something nicer for yt for example, it really doesn't matter to my if it's $20 or $40 or $60 per child. I'll just chose what I like best, is available in my sizes & will get me out of the store the fastest.

And yes I definitely pass down to younger kids when possible. People Buying more expensive items are not necessarily stuck up snobs!!! It may just be the easier more convenient option for those that can afford it.

newinbp

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 1:13 am
watergirl wrote:
Per this site, I am the only one who doesn't buy pajama sets or even official pajamas at all (which is obviously not true but you'd think it was by this site). My kids sleep in whatever camp tshirt they grabbed that night and a soft pair of shorts. I do buy a few pairs of pajama pants from Target every now and then. I also sleep in a camp tshirt (thanks to my husband's massive collection) and target pajama pants.

What is a $60 pajama set for kids?

I confess to being obsessed with Bama Rush Tiktok (I can't look away!) so of course I know the Roller Rabbit sets for $140, but that's cheap for those people.

Thank you! I was wondering if I’m the only one who sends kids to bed in something comfy and clean, be it shirt and leggings, dress and shorts, etc Very Happy

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 1:22 am
amother Sienna wrote:
For some it doubles as a Friday night 'outfit/robe' so they justify the expense.

Yes I buy them as shab pjs to wear Friday nt in the house

amother
Rainbow

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 2:51 am
amother Mayflower wrote:
This is not me but I could totally understand how someone who has hundreds off millions of dollars in assets and a huge income that there is no difference between 6$, 16$ or 60$ for pajamas, so they just buy what is cute and convenient....

Like for most of us with an average middle class income - there is no difference between an item that is $1.50 or a $1.75, but for someone in a third world country making $2 a day, that could be the difference between life and death.

I am happy we have the uber wealthy who can support all the people in the luxury industries, and usually the tzedaka they give is proportionate to the spending - and we all benefit from community institutions that they keep afloat ( schools, shuls, mikvaos, organiozations) so go ahead and spend $60 on P.J's and make sure that you are spending a chomesh on tzedaka

I never understood this reasoning, or when people say "well they have so much money; your $5 is their $500."

Sorry, no matter how much money someone has, certain things are true for all of us:

$50 can still buy X amount of gas/food/clothing etc. It doesn't lose its purchase value when you have more of it. It has a constant, universal value, whether you have 5 million in the bank or $5.

Just because you have so much of it, doesn't make it worth less.

To the poster upthread who wrote that she has millions in the bank and still can't stomach the thought of buying pjs at a price like this, kol hakavod for doing your share to keep standards down.

DrMom

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 3:05 am
I think I'd have to put a lot of effort into finding kids' pajamas that sell for >=US$60.

After some searching, I found these that are 100% silk:
https://www.ellesilk.com/silk-.....0GZtc

Pretty snazzy, huh?

Maybe now I'll search for $100 kids' underwear.

imaima

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 3:16 am
amother Scarlet wrote:
Yes I buy them as shab pjs to wear Friday nt in the house

Nothing about their look makes them shabbosdik for me.

amother
Impatiens

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 3:20 am
amother Rainbow wrote:
I never understood this reasoning, or when people say "well they have so much money; your $5 is their $500."

Sorry, no matter how much money someone has, certain things are true for all of us:

$50 can still buy X amount of gas/food/clothing etc. It doesn't lose its purchase value when you have more of it. It has a constant, universal value, whether you have 5 million in the bank or $5.

Just because you have so much of it, doesn't make it worth less.

To the poster upthread who wrote that she has millions in the bank and still can't stomach the thought of buying pjs at a price like this, kol hakavod for doing your share to keep standards down.

I have become better off only now when I have teenagers.
There are some clothes I buy my younger kids now that I couldn’t afford foe my llder ones.
But when I have raised a few kids in cheap PJs all right, it’s hard for me to persuade myself why need the more expensive ones.

balance

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 3:23 am
DrMom wrote:
I think I'd have to put a lot of effort into finding kids' pajamas that sell for >=US$60.

After some searching, I found these that are 100% silk:
https://www.ellesilk.com/silk-.....0GZtc

Pretty snazzy, huh?

Maybe now I'll search for $100 kids' underwear.

and then hire household help to handwash them.

I'm not getting this but I'm not living in the US.
My kids never go out of the house in pajamas and if we go to family for Shabbos, everyone is wearing the same cheap or hand-me-down sets.

People buy them the same way people buy anything. If they are earning enough and it's important enough to them. Could be because of the look, because of the comfort, because of social pressure, because of convenience. It's no different than any other luxury purchase.

bwaybabe85

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 8:45 am
We buy Carters pajamas and they are very well made. They don’t shrink or get stretched out and I’m able to pass them down from my older son to my younger one with no issue.

amother
Cinnamon  

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 9:08 am
My max for pjs has always been $20 each. My kids have a bunch of sets all cute matching. Ali picks just marked up their latest set at $26 each so not sure what to do about that. That’s $24 total extra to match all my kids. And it’s not like they need it that much (I buy a matching set every succos and pesach plus when I find a good sale).

amother
  Thistle

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 9:10 am
Everyone spends someplace else.
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics