Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Who is buying the $60 kids pajamas??
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
  Bone  

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 11:03 am
watergirl wrote:
Super cute for sure. If I had the money, why not?

Personally, pajamas are the last thing I really spend money on or value (comfort is king for me for pajamas!). It's the one article of clothing no one sees, you wear it when you sleep, so the look of the item is not at all important, it's how it feels. Because who is seeing you?

But I am not everyone. I know some people value the look, they like sets, etc. If you have the money and it's important to you, enjoy it!

Interesting perspective. Do you usually choose clothes based on what other people will think of the outfit or who will see it vs how you feel wearing it? I usually dress based on how I think I look and how what I'm wearing make me feel, regardless of who might be seeing it.

That being said, I often just throw something on for convenience, whether I'm getting dressed for the day or bed. I think a cute pair of pajamas feels really nice. Also cute socks for bed. Nobody sees them but I get pleasure from it. But most of my pjs are mismatched tees and pajama pants because they're what I have and I usually don't have time to shop for cute cozy pajamas often.

mizle10  

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 11:10 am
amother White wrote:
My kids have always had preferences. From 2 years old, they want only this color or a design like xyz. And other than price I don’t set rules because I don’t want more rules in their life and I want them to express themselves and be happy. Also my kids aren’t easy sizes. So there is tons of returning and trying. But the more expensive stuff fits better, and has nice designs my kids like so it would just check our boxes and make my life easy.

I don’t think most people have this problem. Pyjamas is not something that should take up brain space. Sure my kids have preferences, but they’re little. They want pink or purple with rainbows or smiley faces. My older kids are not wearing pj sets at all. We look at old navy online together and they can pick. However they fit is perfect, there pjs!!! I have never in my life returned pjs.

If you want the expensive ones go for it, but not because your 2 year old wants it.

amother
Lightpink

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 11:30 am
I don't spend more than $20 on pajamas. Most jewish stores have sales. Bingo has $15 pajamas for kids. Winter ones cost more but we really only need them for about 6 weeks until the heat is turned on.

watergirl

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 11:32 am
amother Bone wrote:
Interesting perspective. Do you usually choose clothes based on what other people will think of the outfit or who will see it vs how you feel wearing it? I usually dress based on how I think I look and how what I'm wearing make me feel, regardless of who might be seeing it.

That being said, I often just throw something on for convenience, whether I'm getting dressed for the day or bed. I think a cute pair of pajamas feels really nice. Also cute socks for bed. Nobody sees them but I get pleasure from it. But most of my pjs are mismatched tees and pajama pants because they're what I have and I usually don't have time to shop for cute cozy pajamas often.

Don’t most people dress appropriately based on where they are and what they are doing? So when I get dressed for the day, yes I take into account where I’m going. For bed, for ME, I throw on a tshirt and pajama pants. Does it match? I don’t care. Way too huge? Worn out? Small hole? A stain (but clean)? I don’t care. No I won’t wear that out, but for pajamas? Not the same category for me.

amother
  Moonstone

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 11:34 am
amother Lightpink wrote:
I don't spend more than $20 on pajamas. Most jewish stores have sales. Bingo has $15 pajamas for kids. Winter ones cost more but we really only need them for about 6 weeks until the heat is turned on.

Try the target snuggly soft pajamas for winter pjs - I’d link them but they’re not up on the website yet for this winter. They’re such a warm and comfortable material. Last year they charged $7-10 per pair depending on the style.

amother
Bellflower  

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 11:36 am
amother OP wrote:
Just curious. Why on earth would you get such expensive pajamas

I have a thing with cute & nice pajamas. I just love it. My heart melts seeing my kids in precious pajamas. I buy 1 expensive pajamas per season, generally used as shabbos pj's/robe. They actually wash & last way better than their cheaper pajamas. H&M or gap pj's need to be replaced more often. The expensive pj's I can pass on to other kids & it still looks great.

mizle10  

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 11:39 am
amother Bellflower wrote:
I have a thing with cute & nice pajamas. I just love it. My heart melts seeing my kids in precious pajamas. I buy 1 expensive pajamas per season. They actually wash & last way better than their cheaper pajamas. H&M or gap pj's need to be replaced more often. The expensive pj's I can pass on to other kids & it still looks great.

6 pairs of old navy pjs are the same price as one $60 pair. I can’t image they’re outlasting 6 pairs of pjs.

Again, if you want them go for it, but this is a dumb excuse.

amother
  Bellflower  

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 11:41 am
mizle10 wrote:
6 pairs of old navy pjs are the same price as one $60 pair. I can’t image they’re outlasting 6 pairs of pjs.

You don't need to be rude just because one does differently than you do.
They have h&m pj's, in addition to 1 nice pj's that often gets passed down to other kids. Nothing wrong with that. Even if you don't understand it.

mizle10

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 11:46 am
You don't need to be rude just because one does differently than you do.
They have h&m pj's, in addition to 1 nice pj's that often gets passed down to other kids. Nothing wrong with that. Even if you don't understand it.

I have no problem with people buying expensive pjs! When I’m in the mood I’ll buy a pair for the season. I don’t like people making excuses. I’ll never say I’m buying them because they last longer. 6 pairs of cheap pjs last longer. I buy them because I want to and I choose to spend more on them because I like to have them.

amother
  Bellflower  

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 11:47 am
mizle10 wrote:
I have no problem with people buying expensive pjs! When I’m in the mood I’ll buy a pair for the season. I don’t like people making excuses. I’ll never say I’m buying them because they last longer. 6 pairs of cheap pjs last longer. I buy them because I want to and I choose to spend more on them because I like to have them.

I did not say that I buy them because they last longer.
I said I buy them because I like them. And by the way, they last longer. But it's not the reason I buy them & I didn't say that it is.

amother
  OP

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 12:02 pm
amother Seafoam wrote:
Check out the company Little Parni. I'm assuming that's what OP is referring to.

Yes

amother
Wine

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 12:05 pm
My sisters are still single my kids are their dolls and they love dressing them up

My designer stuff are gifts from my family 😂 - I only shop at target or carters

amother
  Lemonlime

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 12:14 pm
mizle10 wrote:

I also personally find it hard to believe that people who spend this much on pjs are passing down to younger kids. I guess I assume that these are the ones who prefer the latest trend or pattern.

we buy gap and carters on sale. never had an issue with them not ‘making it’ though a season or getting stretched out. not sure what others are doing or how they’re washing them that that is happening.

amother
Viola

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 12:16 pm
I personally can't see myself spending so much on pajamas for kids who are growing or can easily ruin them. I do appreciate nice quality and fit though. The cheaper brands stretch and get holes in the knees so quickly no matter how carefully I wash them, so I find myself spending more constantly replacing them. I buy at Lulu's when they go on sale or from previous seasons. I just paid $20 for a pajama that was originally $45 and sized up a bit so it'll fit for longer. The fit is nice so it doesn't look baggy.

amother
  Bellflower  

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 12:19 pm
amother Lemonlime wrote:
I also personally find it hard to believe that people who spend this much on pjs are passing down to younger kids. I guess I assume that these are the ones who prefer the latest trend or pattern.

we buy gap and carters on sale. never had an issue with them not ‘making it’ though a season or getting stretched out. not sure what others are doing or how they’re washing them that that is happening.

I have in storage many pairs of pj's from my older kids. The younger kids will wear them ih. My 5 year old is currently wearing pj's that my 12 year old wear.
I'm not one that prefers the latest trends. I don't spend a lot on clothing. I just have a thing with pj's... it's for me. No one see's their pj's besides for us at home.

#BestBubby  

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 12:24 pm
amother Sienna wrote:
For some it doubles as a Friday night 'outfit/robe' so they justify the expense.

This.

There are velour pajamas and nightgowns that are Friday Nite Shobbos outfits to wear to the table.

PinkFridge  

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 12:30 pm
amother Sienna wrote:
For some it doubles as a Friday night 'outfit/robe' so they justify the expense.

So they only wear them on Shabbos and yom tov?

PinkFridge  

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 12:31 pm
I have a thing with cute & nice pajamas. I just love it. My heart melts seeing my kids in precious pajamas. I buy 1 expensive pajamas per season, generally used as shabbos pj's/robe. They actually wash & last way better than their cheaper pajamas. H&M or gap pj's need to be replaced more often. The expensive pj's I can pass on to other kids & it still looks great.

So if you pass them on, you don't worry about matching?

giftedmom  

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 12:41 pm
amother Lemonlime wrote:

On pjs? Eh, no. Ofcourse they get passed down.

amother
Thistle  

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 12:46 pm
I agree with all of you who say price is pretty high for pajamas. However the fit and styles are adorable and little kids can wear it on shabbos and still feel kind of dressed.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics