Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Deciding about daycare

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 20 2024, 11:18 pm
I’m a mom of 2 BH
My toddler just turned 2 and a new baby 3 months kah.

I’ve been home with my toddler all year through pregnancy and all bh
it felt so right!
It worked for us bh!

She thrived playing with kids while I was right there, we socialized most days, and stayed at home on days that were hectic like Thursdays / Fridays.

BH I gave birth and it’s been a lot the adjustment! So I sent my toddler to camp.
The camp Morah had the most fantastic activities but she wasn’t the most loving.

My toddler never went in super excited! She was ok throughout the day but I never felt like she was very loved there:(
It made me so sad!
She didn’t communicate to me how her day was other than “she had a great day”

Thankfully we’re finished that camp and now she’s with me and my baby is old enough that I can go with both of them places like parks libraries etc.

I met a mom at the park who also has 2 home and she told me I can’t keep both home she said the year with both of her kids home was really hard.

So many people keep asking me where I’m sending my toddler.

I don’t have an answer:(
they ask me will I go crazy with 2 kids home? Won’t I be so overwhelmed?

Now I’m feeling like I’m doing something wrong having 2 kids home?

Can someone make me feel better are you home with 2 kids?
Is there an answer I can give people?

Is there a law that makes 2 year olds belong in school? Im not understanding!

Do people send their kids to school because they can’t handle them?

I feel this age is super important they’re near their mom for most of the day.

Maryann

Post Tue, Aug 20 2024, 11:23 pm
I would definitely keep them both home
Amd figure something out that works

amother
Dandelion

Post Tue, Aug 20 2024, 11:24 pm
If you don't work and are home with a baby I don't see what the big deal is to have a toddler home too. Especially if you go out during the day to the park, library, walk around malls etc...

mummiedearest

Post Tue, Aug 20 2024, 11:26 pm
I had two home with me. I did summers with three home. It is what you make of it. I keep my kids home until at least three years old. Do what feels right for your family.

smss

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 1:49 am
Speaking as someone who has sent all my kids to daycare since I work:

I don't think it's a BAD thing, if you use a good place. But nothing will ever convince me it's BETTER than being home with mommy.

If you are happy to have them home and able to do it, you are giving them such a gift!

amother
IndianRed

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 6:41 am
Tbh you sound like a great mother. Most people send their kids out bec they have to or bec they can't handle it. If you can handle it then don't worry about what others say.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 6:56 am
If you are able to handle both at home. Keep both at home. It’s very special of you and good for them to keep both at home!

rgr

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 7:00 am
The hardest thing is very little or no coordinated nap times. If that doesn't scare you the rest will be fine.

Before you blink they will be playing together

Enjoy them

scintilla

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 8:08 am
Absolutely keep them home - if you didn't want to that's another story but you want to, and you're correct it'll be great!! In a few more months the baby should be old enough to nap at least a little with the older one and for now baby is young enough that you can do whatever the toddler wants without worrying about the baby's schedule - baby wearing is amazing for keeping babies happy & napping while out.

Enjoy, it's a wonderful age and you won't regret it!!

amother
Mayflower

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 8:46 am
amother IndianRed wrote:
Tbh you sound like a great mother. Most people send their kids out bec they have to or bec they can't handle it. If you can handle it then don't worry about what others say.

This!
I only send to preschool at 3

But those who are commenting can’t fathom being home with their kids - don’t worry it was me and the nannies at the park🙈
In my opinion ( their moms aren’t around and babies don’t look taken care of or loved, babies ignoring them etc…)

Or those moms who can’t wait to run out and don’t play with their kids - those kids would do better in a daycare I guess

BH I loved it, we go to a weekly storytime, park every day sometimes twice a day, pizza store as a treat

Groceries, errands with them I love spending time with them and they play with each other,

Try to filter out the noise - you’re a great mom our babies and 2 year olds need their mothers. The first 5 years are the most important enjoy your time… they go to school and grow up quickly. Enjoy every minute!!

amother
Daffodil

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 8:51 am
2 kids home is very manageable. I've done it many times.
If your neighborhood has other sahm, you can arrange a roundrobin so that a few mornings a week 2 how is out and you can get appointments and shopping done more easily those days.
Otherwise, go to library storytimes, get memberships to children's museums and a zoo, and have fun.
It can be a little overwhelming. I had my 2 yos help me with laundry- sorting, closing dryer, pulling out of dryer... Play clean up music when its cleanup time...

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 8:59 am
I had my baby and toddler home with me last year and this year I have 2 toddlers home (3 and almost 3). I have a round Robin set up this year which iyh will be so helpful to have a break a couple hours a week. But even last year it was fine we did a lot of new parks and we have museum memberships for when the weather gets too cold or rainy. We go to the library and storytime too. It's work but it's so worth it for the connection to the kids you are getting by spending so much time with them and learning with them.

Bc my 3 year old is home she already knows how to read English and knows all her aleph bet letters already. This year we are going to work on learning how to read Hebrew. They learn so much more by being with their mothers in a one on one environment.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics