Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
If you own a daycare appreciate your teachers

amother
OP  

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 9:41 am
I overheard someone who owns a daycare talking about how she hates the idea of giving treats to her staff. The secretaries she gives the director also but the teachers why she's paying them a salary!
Yes that salary is for doing their job. What about everything else?
I work for this woman and I wish she realized I can get her place shut down in a second all it would take is my doing my job and nothing else next time the inspectors come around.

Trademark

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 9:46 am
Daycare or not, every employer should appreciate their employees.

What a stupid comment by this woman. Employment is a two way street.

If it's strictly a money thing for her, she can expect the same in return from her employees.

If she wants her employees to be loyal and give more than the bare minimum, she must do the same!

Even from a business perspective, it pays to appreciate employees. Never mind that they are humans too.

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 9:48 am
strange.. does she not pay her secretary and director a salary as well?

what a weird way of looking at things

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 9:49 am
amother OP wrote:
I overheard someone who owns a daycare talking about how she hates the idea of giving treats to her staff. The secretaries she gives the director also but the teachers why she's paying them a salary!
Yes that salary is for doing their job. What about everything else?
I work for this woman and I wish she realized I can get her place shut down in a second all it would take is my doing my job and nothing else next time the inspectors come around.

Aren’t the directors and secretaries getting salaries too?

ShishKabob

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 9:50 am
Many people don't appreciate their employees till it's too late and the employees take their talents elsewhere.

safetynet1

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 10:01 am
Employees are your best business investment. Especially in a daycare. Stupid business sense.

amother
Nasturtium

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 10:04 am
safetynet1 wrote:
Employees are your best business investment. Especially in a daycare. Stupid business sense.

This!!! 💯 %

amother
Stoneblue

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 10:13 am
I’m sorry op

You deserve a loyal and generous employer

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 10:13 am
The question is, does she care about the children? My guess is no.

Directors and secretaries are in the business end. They woo the parents and do the advertising. Morah’s “just” care for the children, who they themselves may not be verbal and don’t usually have the $

amother
  OP

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 10:22 am
amother Slategray wrote:
The question is, does she care about the children? My guess is no.

Directors and secretaries are in the business end. They woo the parents and do the advertising. Morah’s “just” care for the children, who they themselves may not be verbal and don’t usually have the $

I know that. But a teachers not reporting you for doing things your not allowed to do the minute she leaves your daycare is an actual act of kindness. A director won't tattle because it would affect her as well.

amother
Watermelon

Post Mon, Aug 12 2024, 5:45 pm
What do you mean by treat? Like food treats? That's a goofy thing for her to say. It's pretty common to give lower-paid employees little extras here and there, but saying she doesn't like giving a certain group treats (whatever that means) is pretty odd. More concerning to me would that she could easily be shut down during an inspection - that ought to be fixed for the health and safety of the kids...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics