Previous  1  2  3

amother
Holly

Post Fri, Aug 09 2024, 12:39 am
Op, how is Dovid doing?

amother
  OP

Post Fri, Aug 09 2024, 6:25 am
So I am ashamed to say I havent done anything yet. It is on my mind and will talk to a rav but been busy with my own family and medical stuff.
My son does see him in camp and he seems to be happy but yet again he always looked happy.

Thank you for reminding me and for the push to call the rav.

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Aug 25 2024, 5:00 pm
amother OP wrote:
Should I speak to his mother and tell her what her son told my son?
She told me when her husband was arrested for child abuse when it happened several years ago.
This boy is an innocent boy always friendly to me when I see him but definitely troubled.
He is constantly fighting with my son.
I have told my son that he is doing it to because he wants to be friendly but does not know how to do it but boys being boys my son is not interested.
I really could see them getting along if he wouldn’t provoke my son.

If he was arrested in the past and the child is complaining again, it's basically a sign it's happening again. Most abusers are repeat offenders.
Also, in order to get arrested, there has to be proof. To reach a stage of getting arrested, it had to have been serious. So that tells you that the father was terrible.
As for the child - my mother one time asked a childcare expert whether or not to believe a child who states they were touched inappropriately. She responded, "kids never make this stuff up."
A kid complaining about how his mommy didn't give him candy? Normal. A kid complaining about daddy abusing him? Not normal. Major red flag.

Definitely call CPS. Don't be the neighbor next door that could have done something to alleviate the pain of the child for years but didn't. Don't let him suffer that much more as an adult.

And if you're calling the Rav, make sure he's trained in these matters. Many Rabanim can give advice when it comes to healthy people, but not in abusive dynamics. Just as you wouldn't go to a Rabbi for a physical illness - you'd go to a doctor and a good Rabbi would send you there! - you go to a therapist when it comes to emotional illness. And a good Rabbi will send you there too!

Don't let the child suffer extra when you could stop it. The extra suffering would be on you as an adult who could have done something. I agree with another post, you are a mandated reporter at this point.
The child reached out for help - show him there are those who would help him.

justforfun87

Post Sun, Aug 25 2024, 5:02 pm
2 months later and you couldn't manage to make a call but you have time to update imamother? Yikes!

amother
Daphne

Post Sun, Aug 25 2024, 5:20 pm
amother OP wrote:
So I am ashamed to say I havent done anything yet. It is on my mind and will talk to a rav but been busy with my own family and medical stuff.
My son does see him in camp and he seems to be happy but yet again he always looked happy.

Thank you for reminding me and for the push to call the rav.

Personal attack removed
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children