Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
POLL: what underwears do your teenage sons wear...
1  2  Next

What type of underwear do your teen sons wear?
Briefs  
 11%  [ 15 ]
Boxer briefs  
 54%  [ 71 ]
Boxers  
 33%  [ 44 ]
Total Votes : 130

amother
OP  

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 12:26 am
Briefs?
Boxer briefs?
Boxers?

Also if you have the patience to answer-/are you chassidish, yeshivish, JPF, MO, etc.

I know it's a weird question but imamother is the only place to ask!!

A friend told me that boys my son's age wear a certain type in yeshiva and camp, A type he didn't wear. I bought it for him and he's uncomfortable with it.

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 12:29 am
Yeshivish/jpf
Mine recently went to boxer briefs and is moving toward boxers when he’s older. Much healthier to do boxers for fertility. But briefs help stay more in place so compromising here. Pretty sure that’s typical for his age.

amother
Daffodil  

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 12:35 am
amother Gold wrote:
Yeshivish/jpf
Mine recently went to boxer briefs and is moving toward boxers when he’s older. Much healthier to do boxers for fertility. But briefs help stay more in place so compromising here. Pretty sure that’s typical for his age.

Why healthier??
What is chassidish underwear ? Long boxers?

amother
Yolk  

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 1:35 am
Poll should allow for more than one vote. Each teen son has his own underwear preference.
You didn't include chasidush options....

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 3:00 am
amother Daffodil wrote:
Why healthier??
What is chassidish underwear ? Long boxers?

Sperm don't do well at regular body temperature. They need to be kept slightly cooler, so underwear that allows the testicles to hang freely away from the body is better for fertility than briefs which keep them closer to the body. That's also why fertility doctors will tell men not to take hot baths or very hot showers when TTC.

- A wife who had to conceive via IVF due to male factor issues

https://www.webmd.com/infertil.....count

amother
Whitesmoke  

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 5:48 am
random question-what color? Is it a "thing" that chassidish guys only wear white underwear or is that just what my MIL did to make it easier to clean? I'm too embarrassed to ask lol

amother
Electricblue

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 6:11 am
amother Whitesmoke wrote:
random question-what color? Is it a "thing" that chassidish guys only wear white underwear or is that just what my MIL did to make it easier to clean? I'm too embarrassed to ask lol

Chassidish underwear are generally white, don't ask me why. Maybe for practicality, so it can be bleached?? Some brands do make grey or black though.

amother
  Yolk  

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 7:09 am
Chasidush underwear is white.. it comes in two lengths. . One is about boxer size and the other slightly above knee.

amother
  Daffodil

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 8:39 am
amother Oak wrote:
Sperm don't do well at regular body temperature. They need to be kept slightly cooler, so underwear that allows the testicles to hang freely away from the body is better for fertility than briefs which keep them closer to the body. That's also why fertility doctors will tell men not to take hot baths or very hot showers when TTC.

- A wife who had to conceive via IVF due to male factor issues

https://www.webmd.com/infertil.....count

Thanks, Interesting, experienced unexplained infertility and never heard of that
Do people see a difference

amother
Darkblue

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 8:47 am
My boys wore briefs and switched to boxer briefs as they became teens. We prefer dark colors to white as they last longer. We're JPF I guess. Just felt like this way there's more coverage if they get caught with their pants down lol. Would have been fine with regular boxers but ds didn't like them.

amother
  Whitesmoke

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 9:01 am
amother Yolk wrote:
Chasidush underwear is white.. it comes in two lengths. . One is about boxer size and the other slightly above knee.

but why is it white davka?

amother
Aubergine  

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 9:36 am
Yeshivish.

My teens started going for boxer briefs as they hit high school. Briefs felt too tight and made them feel too exposed, boxers felt too loose and unsupportive.

They're not overly particular about color, but prefer not white.

Since we have multiple teen boys and my husband, all wearing close to the same size, I buy different colors/designs just to differentiate in the laundry.
So one is black with grey seams, one is black with multicolored bands, one is grey with white seams, etc. Husband wears blue and green.

amother
Mocha

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 9:37 am
My boys wear boxer briefs from an early age (4/5) because they find them more comfortable than briefs. My teen wears dark colors, like black and gray. Chasidish.

singleagain

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 9:44 am
Didn't have kids. Don't have a husband.

But I watch YouTube and there's this company called sheath underwear that sponsors one of the shows I like. Apparently it has "pouches" for all of a man's different bits. The host loves them.

https://www.sheathunderwear.co.....s/men

This is the link to the men's collection... But be aware that if you click on other pages you may come across male models in only their underwear.

simcha12plus

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 9:47 am
where do you buy chassidish underwear?
my oldest son just turned BM

amother
  OP

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 10:06 am
So my son actually wore briefs and as I was shopping and having difficulty finding them int HR store, I called my friend who said bochurim wear boxers. I asked her, boxer briefs or boxers? She said boxers.
My son feels like it doesn't feel like wearing underwear, instead felt like loose shorts, and also the waist is high and he doesn't want it sticking out of his pants.
So he'll take them as a spare.

I'm surprised at all the votes for boxer briefs. They looked very tight in the stores.

amother
  Yolk  

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 10:11 am
amother Whitesmoke wrote:
but why is it white davka?

Because that's what was worn in 1910 in Europe (think old movies night clothing-yes some sleep with their gotchges and shirt same look) these days levush is being made into an ikur and even families who didn't wear gotches are now wearing

amother
  Aubergine

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 10:13 am
amother OP wrote:
So my son actually wore briefs and as I was shopping and having difficulty finding them int HR store, I called my friend who said bochurim wear boxers. I asked her, boxer briefs or boxers? She said boxers.
My son feels like it doesn't feel like wearing underwear, instead felt like loose shorts, and also the waist is high and he doesn't want it sticking out of his pants.
So he'll take them as a spare.

I'm surprised at all the votes for boxer briefs. They looked very tight in the stores.

Interesting.
Boxer briefs looked tighter than briefs?
Could be it was a bit tight and we sized up.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 10:16 am
happy7 wrote:
where do you buy chassidish underwear?
my oldest son just turned BM

Dry good stores in chassidish neighborhoods

amother
Cappuccino

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 10:51 am
Op, are you formerly chassidish but want your son to fit in with non chassidish?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics