OP

Post Tue, Aug 27 2024, 8:13 pm
I do. I cant stand lenses so I wear glasses instead

hodeez

Post Tue, Aug 27 2024, 8:13 pm
I wear both

sequoia

Post Tue, Aug 27 2024, 8:20 pm
I wear glasses. I tried gas-permeable lenses in 9th grade but couldn’t get used to them.

Bh glasses technology has advanced and even with very high prescription you can have thin lenses.

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Aug 27 2024, 8:21 pm
Only at night once I go shower, and if I have an eye infection or I'm really sick. Glasses are so uncomfortable for me and I just always feel half asleep in them.

amother
Bone  

Post Tue, Aug 27 2024, 8:29 pm
Wore glasses from age 8-17. Wore contacts until 30. Nursing made my eyes very dry and I went back to glasses full time. I have only worn contacts occasionally, such as at my own Simchas since going back to glasses. Have a Simcha coming in the Spring and I think I’m going to wear glasses. Can’t really see in contacts anymore. I have a bad astigmatism and progressive lenses. I would also rather see and be comfortable than attempt to look glamorous . My entire family wore or wears glasses, parents, grandparents, great grandparents, children, and grandchildren, dh, and machatunim.When I took one of the children in to be evaluated, the Dr wrote the prescription and said,”she didn’t stand a chance!”

bigsis144

Post Tue, Aug 27 2024, 8:29 pm
Only glasses and I wear them everywhere, both out and about and in the shower! I’ve been wearing glasses since I was 9 years old

I tried contacts but I have a high prescription and astigmatism, and never felt like contacts fixed my vision sufficiently.

Both my parents and every single one of my siblings needs vision correction; I’d say we are 1/2 only glasses, 1/2 both glasses and contacts. No one chose contacts for aesthetic reasons, more for comfort (ex. not slipping down their nose).

mha3484

Post Tue, Aug 27 2024, 8:39 pm
Only glasses since third grade.

lamplighter

Post Tue, Aug 27 2024, 8:43 pm
Wore glasses since I was 8. From HS until my first baby (born when I was 30) I wore contacts only. My eyes got very dry and waking up all hours of the night didn't help...since then I usually wear glasses and contacts on occasion. I buy trendy glasses so they feel like an accessory and I can get away without eye makeup.
I'm still searching for that pair of contacts that feels comfortable enough to wear daily.
I have a very high prescription.

amother
  Bone  

Post Tue, Aug 27 2024, 8:44 pm
I wonder if as large a percentage of non Jews wear glasses. I was once in New Hampshire with my family as a kid and a little girl, who was obviously not Jewish, stared at us and said, "they all wear glasses." I thought that was surprising since almost everyone I knew wore glasses.

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Aug 27 2024, 8:49 pm
I only wore contacts till I was pregnant with my last baby. My eyes just spit them out. I absolutely hate wearing glasses. I feel less dressed, sleepy, and hate the feeling of something on my face. I something just take off my glasses & see blurry because I can't stand them.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Aug 27 2024, 8:54 pm
Mostly glasses with lenses on occasion.
I'm very uncomfortable in contacts, my eyes are dry and itchy after 20 minutes, and I don't believe in suffering for beauty.

nicole81  

Post Tue, Aug 27 2024, 8:56 pm
I love glasses and I'm obsessed with trying bold new shapes and styles on the cheap from Zenni. I have 6 different pairs in my current rotation.

singleagain

Post Tue, Aug 27 2024, 8:59 pm
I wear glasses. The idea of sticking someone in my eye grosses me out. I get creeped out by eyes in general.

I even wear a non prescription sun glasses over my regular glasses when I drive bc I didn't want to switch actual glasses and they won't transition through the windshield

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Aug 27 2024, 9:06 pm
I’ve been wearing glasses since the age of 7. Stopped for a short time and wore contacts in high school until I had my first child. The hormones made my eyes extremely dry so I can’t wear contacts anymore.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Aug 27 2024, 9:10 pm
I wear them at the computer and for driving.

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Aug 27 2024, 9:20 pm
I did laser eye surgery after wearing glasses and lenses for many years. It's amazing!

amother
Butterscotch

Post Tue, Aug 27 2024, 9:38 pm
I wear glasses because my eyes are too dry for contacts.

gr82no

Post Tue, Aug 27 2024, 9:39 pm
mha3484 wrote:
Only glasses since third grade.

Same

amother
Offwhite

Post Tue, Aug 27 2024, 10:04 pm
Refuse to put lenses in my eyes. I feel undressed without my glasses and I think they make me look better.

amother
Mulberry

Post Tue, Aug 27 2024, 10:15 pm
I wore glasses from when I was 6 until 13. Then I worked contacts from then until I was 28. Stopped because my eyes became really sensitive and dry. I want to switch back to contacts but they bother me too much. So I wear glasses.... oh well. I seriously feel visually impaired.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics