No glasses/contacts  
 10%  [ 31 ]
I should but I don't  
 2%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 293

shanie5  

Post Tue, Aug 27 2024, 10:22 pm
nicole81 wrote:
I love glasses and I'm obsessed with trying bold new shapes and styles on the cheap from Zenni. I have 6 different pairs in my current rotation.

Have you checked out PAIR EYEWEAR? you can change the front of your glasses whenever you want. I have about 50+ toppers and try to match all my outfits. I thionk I'd probably get blanks if I ever do the surgery to correct my vision.

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Aug 27 2024, 10:23 pm
I didn't vote because it doesn't allow me to pick multiple options.

I last wore contact lenses at my wedding over 20 years ago. I should probably wear glasses all the time but I find them uncomfortable and I see well enough close up that I don't need glasses most of the time. I have prescription sunglasses that I wear outside and I keep a pair of regular glasses in the car for driving at night and on rainy days.

amother
Cappuccino

Post Tue, Aug 27 2024, 10:27 pm
I got glasses in 3rd grade. The vast majority of my (large) immediate family all wore glasses. I got contacts in 10th grade because of a family simcha, but found the process of getting them in annoying and time consuming so I barely wore them. In 11th or 12th grade I gave a persuasive speech in speech class about the benefits of lenses so I kind of felt I had to put my money where my mouth was and start wearing mine more! From that point on I mainly wore lenses but wore glasses whenever I needed to. In my low twenties I actually did laser eye surgery, since I was starting to get very irritated with how dry lenses were making my eyes, and felt it was a huge safety concern if I were driving somewhere and my lense came out, and as someone else said, it was amazing, life changing. Best money I ever spent!

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Aug 27 2024, 10:35 pm
Many many years ago...I used to love wearing fun glasses and switch off btw glasses and lenses as needed. Since married I can't handle shetle or tichel with glasses. It's too much sensory wise. I always wear lenses now. Neighbors are shocked on the rare morning when I put kids on bus in am with glasses

zoom

Post Tue, Aug 27 2024, 10:42 pm
Hi

I got glasses when I was around 10.

Wore lenses for 10+ years until after my 3rd child ,and then they , I dont know what changed but they just became uncomfortable and made my eyes irritable.

I tried all the different types to offer and even looked into laser because I couldnt stand the feeling of something on my face with my wig. Even though I know they looked good on me.

Bh over a year ago I discovered Ortho K/ corrective lenses.
They took some time to get used to but the results are amazing ,and Im so happy bh.
No need to wear any glasses and v good vision.

ChayaKa

Post Tue, Aug 27 2024, 11:29 pm
wear contacts 99%

synthy

Post Tue, Aug 27 2024, 11:31 pm
I got my glasses when I was 7 or 8. I have very sensitive eyes so I only wear contacts on special occasions like close simcha. I don’t like the look of a fully made up face and elegant shaitel with glasses. Otherwise, I love the way I look with glasses. I think it makes me look smart 😎

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Aug 27 2024, 11:47 pm
amother OP wrote:
I do. I cant stand lenses so I wear glasses instead

I wear glasses if my eyes are bothering me or if I didn’t sleep well the night before. There’s not an option for that.

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Aug 27 2024, 11:55 pm
I got glasses at around age10. Like25 years ago.
Got lenses around11/12th grade and really only wore on shabbos and to simchas.
Wore lenses daily after seminary.
Got married and dh didn't like my glasses so I only wore lenses morning to night for abt 4 years until I got such a bad eye infection... And haven't worn lenses since. Traumatized.
But now after reading all the recent threads abt lenses and prices, I'm thinking I should have a contact lens exam at my next vision check and give myself the option of contacts again

amother
NeonYellow

Post Wed, Aug 28 2024, 8:20 am
I wore glasses for years. couldnt tolerate lenses. did lasik, best thing since sliced bread.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Wed, Aug 28 2024, 8:22 am
Sometimes glasses, sometimes contact lenses.

amother
  Bone

Post Wed, Aug 28 2024, 8:41 am
Really interesting to see that many women wore contacts for years, but then needed to stop after nursing or having a baby. I thought I was the only one or maybe that I was overreacting.

Rabbit613

Post Wed, Aug 28 2024, 8:45 am
I wear lenses almost all the time. I like how I look in glasses but I don't like the feeling of glasses on my face and I don't see as well with them.

amother
Hotpink  

Post Wed, Aug 28 2024, 9:09 am
amother Bone wrote:
I wonder if as large a percentage of non Jews wear glasses. I was once in New Hampshire with my family as a kid and a little girl, who was obviously not Jewish, stared at us and said, "they all wear glasses." I thought that was surprising since almost everyone I knew wore glasses.

That's funny! But yes, a high percentage of Jews need vision correction. I would say at least 90%, and most of them are nearsighted (myopic).

amother
Bluebell

Post Wed, Aug 28 2024, 9:17 am
I got glasses at age 7. I got contacts at age 15. At the time all there were was hard lenses and you could only wear them 8 hours at a time, so I also wore glasses. When I was about 20, soft lenses were invented (yay!!!). And I never looked back. I wear contacts 99% of the time unless I have a terrible cold. (I didn't even own glasses for probably 15 years.) The vision I get in glasses is just not as good as in contacts and sometimes makes me a bit queasy.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Wed, Aug 28 2024, 7:08 pm
Glasses only. I can't see in contacts. I wore them on 1st dates and weddings occasionally as a single adult but 99% wore glasses. The last time I wore them was actually my wedding.
I can't see in them. I can't drive in them. Yes my prescription is accurate but just have a weird one.

nicole81

Post Wed, Aug 28 2024, 10:38 pm
shanie5 wrote:
Have you checked out PAIR EYEWEAR? you can change the front of your glasses whenever you want. I have about 50+ toppers and try to match all my outfits. I thionk I'd probably get blanks if I ever do the surgery to correct my vision.

Lol a fellow glasses fiend! I actually never heard of them til your post. I like the idea, but I also like to try wildly different shapes. I'm wearing hexagon frames atm, have aviators, oval, and round pairs. But it would have helped when once upon a time I purchased the same pair of glasses from warby parker in 3 different color variants.

amother
Birch

Post Wed, Aug 28 2024, 10:45 pm
I got glasses in kindergarten. Hated them until 6th grade when I got contacts. Since then I have only worn glasses when I have some reason I can't wear contacts. I hate the way glasses feel.

cupcake613

Post Wed, Aug 28 2024, 11:24 pm
Love my glasses! Can't do contacts properly and they bother me. Have had glasses for around 15/16 years now.

shanie5  

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 3:40 pm
nicole81 wrote:
Lol a fellow glasses fiend! I actually never heard of them til your post. I like the idea, but I also like to try wildly different shapes. I'm wearing hexagon frames atm, have aviators, oval, and round pairs. But it would have helped when once upon a time I purchased the same pair of glasses from warby parker in 3 different color variants.

I know someone with about 200 pairs of glasses. I envy him!!! All shapes, sizes and colors. Considering that a single pair of glasses usually cost me over $290, and my prescription changes every year or 2, the PAIR Eyewear is an acceptable compromise. Also, if you look on etsy, they have other styles that will fit the frame. Like cats eyes, batwings...(yeah, I'm a bit obsessed with them. My kids and grandkids think I'm nuts. But also make sure my glasses match my outfit 🤣)
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics