Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Mesivta moms sending to sleepaway how much canteen money

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 8:00 am
My 11th grader is going to camp tomorrow. How much money are moms giving for canteen. Camp is for around three and a half weeks and I would prefer to give least amount possible due to financial reasons but don't want to give too little.

keym

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 8:45 am
I give between $75 and $175 depending on the camp.

1 camp I gave $75 because 1) we prepaid tips 2) there were washing machines for the boys and I sent some quarters 3)we prepaid for the tshirt

Im sending $150 to my son this summer because the camp booklet says 1)there are no machines and laundry costs $15-$20 2)the boys should tip Rebbeim, counselors and waiters- total $45 3) printout for the Seforim they're learning - all printed into 1 thing is available for purchase for $12.

Without all those extras, I send $75 and there's usually extra, but it also depends on if the boys buy water in camp.

I also try to keep costs low. I buy a lot for their food boxes because I can get it cheaper than the canteen sells it for, and I have frank conversations with my sons that I don't have tons of money. That we don't buy sandwiches stam at home, so it shouldn't be a stam thing in camp also- saved for an occasion or when supper is gross.
That if they need more water or something, buy generously and I'll replenish their canteen, but open communication. Its not their money to use up, and I want extras back.

Its worked well for me over the years
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries