Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Shekalim money

Coler  

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 4:32 pm
Hi I have here isreali money from the summer ...is there anywhere in boro park that.I can cash it in for American money or only in the airport?? I could use the cash so I.wouldnt mind having the extra few hundred dollars....would anyone know?

BatyaEsther  

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 4:48 pm
I know in my community, people are always posting that they are going to Israel and looking to buy/trade money. People who are going want shekels and people returning want dollars. People trade at whatever is the market value of the day, nobody is making money off the other person.

If you can hang onto it for a month? I am sure people are going to Israel for YT and would be thrilled to buy it off of you.

Coler  

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 5:21 pm
BatyaEsther wrote:
I know in my community, people are always posting that they are going to Israel and looking to buy/trade money. People who are going want shekels and people returning want dollars. People trade at whatever is the market value of the day, nobody is making money off the other person.

If you can hang onto it for a month? I am sure people are going to Israel for YT and would be thrilled to buy it off of you.

Was wondering if there is like a place I could exchange it sort of a store or something

Molly Weasley

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 5:39 pm
Some of the bigger or International Banks exchange foreign currency.
For example, chase bank usually allows their customers to exchange currency for a small fee.

BatyaEsther

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 5:56 pm
Coler wrote:
Was wondering if there is like a place I could exchange it sort of a store or something

A bank should be able to exchange and there may be stores in your neighborhood who do this. If it is a service, expect a fee, as they are in the industry to help you. If it is a mutually beneficial swap, you should not expect a fee.

Coler

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 6:04 pm
BatyaEsther wrote:
A bank should be able to exchange and there may be stores in your neighborhood who do this. If it is a service, expect a fee, as they are in the industry to help you. If it is a mutually beneficial swap, you should not expect a fee.

Like what type of store that my question

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 6:58 pm
there are banks that do this for a fee. the berkshire bank does it
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics