Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
If you are making over $100,000 yearly...
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Midnight

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 3:56 pm
amother Oatmeal wrote:
Not really true that you have to get special schooling to earn 200k+. I'm earning close to 200k, and have received offers for over 200. Just a bachelor's, working in a tech field. I know many others in adjacent fields who earn over 200k.

It’s true. I work in admin and earn six figures.

In administration you have to prove yourself and have right skills but don’t need specialized degree

amother
  Goldenrod  

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 4:16 pm
amother Petunia wrote:
I’m a nurse in NYC and make 118k base salary. New grad in a well paying hospital. The poster who makes 140k probably has years of experience, certification in her specialty, advanced clinical ladder etc. I definitely work with nurses making 140k.

Is your hospital an exception with such pay for new grads? Do you mind saying which hospital it is?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 4:34 pm
I'm a resident physician in my last year of residency and will be making 100-115K this year. Once I graduate residency, salary goes up significantly (I'm not going to post a number because people go "whoa!" while conveniently forgetting that it took me 13 years of training to get there.) It's possible to make a high salary without an advanced degree, but don't listen to anyone who makes it sound easy peasy.

There really are not shortcuts to making money. You have to put the work in either via advanced schooling/training or other avenues like business.

It also sounds like you have a decent gig but need to put in more hours.

amother
Daylily

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 4:40 pm
Oops feel like I misunderstood the question {deleted}

amother
Seashell  

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 6:12 pm
amother Olive wrote:
My husband is looking for something like this...would you be able to help me out?

If you're interested in public I know of something

amother
Moonstone

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 6:31 pm
amother Olive wrote:
My husband is looking for something like this...would you be able to help me out?

Is your husband a CPA? Where is he licensed? And located?

amother
Grape

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 6:39 pm
amother Gray wrote:
Teacher in NYC, about 110k

Your a teacher for what age and in a private or public school?

amother
Papayawhip

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 6:54 pm
amother Saddlebrown wrote:
I'm a resident physician in my last year of residency and will be making 100-115K this year. Once I graduate residency, salary goes up significantly (I'm not going to post a number because people go "whoa!" while conveniently forgetting that it took me 13 years of training to get there.) It's possible to make a high salary without an advanced degree, but don't listen to anyone who makes it sound easy peasy.

There really are not shortcuts to making money. You have to put the work in either via advanced schooling/training or other avenues like business.

It also sounds like you have a decent gig but need to put in more hours.

Dh just started 3rd year residency. Anyone who oogles at the starting salary can’t even begin to imagine how hard the training is and how the whole family is affected. It’s been 10 years so far but the last 2 have just been that much more difficult. Cost of living is up, we needed to move away from our support system after year one of residency, a few health challenges have come our way this year, dh is dealing with an unwell parent. All this while trying to daven, learn, keep Shabbos and YT and working 10-12 hour days and once or twice a week a 24 hr shift.

bgs1

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 7:45 pm
$120,000. Part time. No education, no high school diploma. Started as a secretary in a small office that grew to about 15-20 employees. After 10 years became COO

amother
Pear

Post Thu, Aug 01 2024, 3:34 am
Computer engineer for federal government mid-career $120K

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Aug 01 2024, 4:05 am
Based on your social work degree I’m wondering if you can start seeing clients and slowly build up a private practice?

amother
Iris  

Post Thu, Aug 01 2024, 4:09 am
100k medical biller (part time)

amother
Ultramarine

Post Thu, Aug 01 2024, 4:12 am
Hi OP, I would love more info on your job. Any idea if the facility is looking for any more part time social workers? I have a lot of rehab/ltc experience but had to take a few years off due to medical concerns. Looking to get back into very part time. TIA!

amother
  Petunia

Post Thu, Aug 01 2024, 5:46 am
My hospital is one of the best paying in NYC. I believe Columbia, Cornell, Sloan Kettering, NYU, and Mount Sinai all pay around that amount I work at one of those). City hospitals like Bellevue and hospitals in the other boroughs pay significantly less. I also get medical, dental, vision insurance fully covered for my entire family no premiums, lots of PTO, etc. It’s not an easy job but I love it.

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Aug 01 2024, 5:48 am
amother Iris wrote:
100k medical biller (part time)

Wow! I’m thinking of starting to do medical billing. Any advice for a newbie? Are you doing supervisory work? What type of medical billing are you doing?

amother
  Bottlebrush  

Post Thu, Aug 01 2024, 5:50 am
Anyone have any ideas how I can make more money as an OT? Many years of nursing home/rehab experience. It can also be a non clinical job. I’m just being extremely underpaid and it’s super frustrating.

amother
  Goldenrod

Post Thu, Aug 01 2024, 8:16 am
amother Petunia wrote:
My hospital is one of the best paying in NYC. I believe Columbia, Cornell, Sloan Kettering, NYU, and Mount Sinai all pay around that amount I work at one of those). City hospitals like Bellevue and hospitals in the other boroughs pay significantly less. I also get medical, dental, vision insurance fully covered for my entire family no premiums, lots of PTO, etc. It’s not an easy job but I love it.

Thank you. My daughter wants to go for nursing, that's why I was curious.
How hard is it to get a job there as a new grad?

amother
  Gray

Post Thu, Aug 01 2024, 8:19 am
amother Grape wrote:
Your a teacher for what age and in a private or public school?

Public high school, working 8:25 - 3:15 ten months a year.

amother
Viola

Post Thu, Aug 01 2024, 8:52 am
I make way more than that working in an office. But don't worry, I don't afford my life anyhow.

amother
Milk

Post Thu, Aug 01 2024, 9:35 am
Social worker, working for a private, non-profit agency. 40 hours but mostly from home.
$65,000
I have many years of experience.
I feel so underpaid, but this seems to be the going rate in my OOT city.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics