Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
If you are making over $100,000 yearly...
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP  

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 12:30 pm
What do you do? Just curious...

I am a social worker in a rehab facility and I make $80,000 for 32 hours a week. We want to buy a house, and need some extra $. Wondering if I picked the wrong career path Can't Believe It . But I genuinely love what I do so no regrets!

Anyways just curious which jobs make a lot of money in this market...

mha3484

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 12:36 pm
In the social work field? if you work with the elderly I did some networking with a woman years ago who did private case management for the elderly and their families. She had a lot of happy clients. I had never heard of it before I remember finding it really interesting.

amother
Charcoal

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 12:37 pm
I'm a nurse in NYC and make around 140k

amother
Gray  

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 12:38 pm
Teacher in NYC, about 110k

amother
Heather

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 12:41 pm
amother OP wrote:

I am a social worker in a rehab facility and I make $80,000 for 32 hours a week. We want to buy a house, and need some extra $. Wondering if I picked the wrong career path Can't Believe It . But I genuinely love what I do so no regrets!

Probably not helpful, but social worker at facility here … I work about 48 hours a week though and make 107k

amother
NeonPink

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 12:42 pm
amother OP wrote:

No you chose the wrong decade to need a house. Houses are not affordable now even with nice income

justforfun87

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 12:43 pm
Nurses can make that pretty easy with over time in Baltimore. I currently make 87k as a school nurse with 14yrs experience plus 4.5k for summer school.

A lot of jobs like social security etc are based on years of experience.

amother
DarkYellow  

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 12:45 pm
just came here to say that I’m a social worker at too manfattan hospital working full time (40 hours) with lots of seniority and I make about the same as you which is to say that for your role you are actually being ver well compensated

I personally have an excellent benefits package worth probably an additional 20k-30k so im very satisfied. plus of course the work is enjoyable and rewarding

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 12:53 pm
amother Heather wrote:
Probably not helpful, but social worker at facility here … I work about 48 hours a week though and make 107k

it is helpful!!! What type of facility do you work at and where are you located. I am in NJ.

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 12:58 pm
amother DarkYellow wrote:
just came here to say that I’m a social worker at too manfattan hospital working full time (40 hours) with lots of seniority and I make about the same as you which is to say that for your role you are actually being ver well compensated

I personally have an excellent benefits package worth probably an additional 20k-30k so im very satisfied. plus of course the work is enjoyable and rewarding

I will actually disagree with you. I think you are getting under paid.
I have a dual NY and NJ LSMW license, and I was offered recently a hospital SW job in Staten Island, that started at $90,000 with loads of benefits. I did not take the job, due to the commute.
And, the job offer was for a Mid level position as I am not brand new to the field.

amother
  DarkYellow  

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 1:05 pm
amother OP wrote:
I will actually disagree with you. I think you are getting under paid.
I have a dual NY and NJ LSMW license, and I was offered a hospital SW job in Staten Island, that started at $90,000 with loads of benefits. I did not take the job, due to the commute.
And, the job offer was for a Mid level position.

I don’t think I am. I don’t pay a cent toward our insurance which includes everything (including orthodontics) Not one cent. no copays no premiums. I have child care voucher, day camp voucher, and sleep away camp voucher, aftercare voucher. I have 5 weeks PTO plus additional 12 sick days a year. so that’s 7.5 weeks of PTO between vacation and sick (the latter I can use for sick kids as well as appts) I don’t know what mid level position means. in my hospital there’s patient facing social workers (me) and management who doesn’t see patients (they just manage the social workers) so there’s no mid level. All this combine with a pension and a 20 minute commute makes me feel that I’m well compensated.

amother
DarkPurple  

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 1:06 pm
Honestly, I don’t think your salary is bad either.
MSW in hemodialysis, 32 hours/week is about 60- 65K plus benefits (which you need to pay into)

Allied healthcare is not a goldmine.

amother
  DarkPurple

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 1:07 pm
I don’t think I am. I don’t pay a cent toward our insurance which includes everything (including orthodontics) Not one cent. no copays no premiums. I have child care voucher, day camp voucher, and sleep away camp voucher, aftercare voucher. I have 5 weeks PTO plus additional 12 sick days a year. so that’s 7.5 weeks of PTO between vacation and sick (the latter I can use for sick kids as well as appts) I don’t know what mid level position means. in my hospital there’s patient facing social workers (me) and management who doesn’t see patients (they just manage the social workers) so there’s no mid level. All this combine with a pension and a 20 minute commute makes me feel that I’m well compensated.

You sound very well compensated. Can you hook me up?

amother
Lightpink

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 1:08 pm
Self employed in the marketing industry earning between 200-300k depending on how busy I was that year

amother
  DarkYellow  

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 1:09 pm
amother DarkPurple wrote:
You sound very well compensated. Can you hook me up?

I certainly would. are you interested (and able) to work in Northern Manhattan

amother
Latte

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 1:09 pm
Administrator in public school, make over 150

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 1:12 pm
If you need more money, work more hours.

amother
  OP

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 1:12 pm

The benefits that you are describing are much better then the ones offered to me. I believe it was 24 days of PTO, including sick days. Insurance for health and dental and vison, but there was some monthly cost depending on the plan that you pick. I don't know if it was a great plan, did not get that far.... Pension after 20 years I believe. No child care vouchers, but there was a $2,500 tuition reimbursement a year.

Mid level meant that they were looking for a SW with 2-5 years of healthcare experience. Entry jobs were lower paying and offered to new SW's. Not sure the caseload difference.

I got offered from Staten Island University Hospital, EM department.

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 1:13 pm

Curious-the school and camp vouchers are are part of the job benefits??

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 1:25 pm
amother Lightpink wrote:
Self employed in the marketing industry earning between 200-300k depending on how busy I was that year

Thinking of going back into this field after leaving a while ago. Do you have employees working for you or are you a one woman show? How many hours do you work daily?
I didn’t make close to even 100k when I did marketing but it was also more of a side hustle…
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics