Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
At what age did your daughter stop wearing pants?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP  

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 11:24 am
I’m looking for responses specifically from the in-town JPF (“just plain frum”) community, not from the yeshivish or MO. The type of typical YSV families in Monsey or Mesores families in Flatbush.

At what age do you transition your daughter to only skirts/dresses?

amother
Aster

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 11:41 am
After her 3rd birthday. Hers was in the middle of the winter so just let her finish the season and then bought dresses for the summer. She still wears short sleeves and pants for pjs

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 11:44 am
Around 4 because the mainstream schools don’t allow pants in Kindergarten.

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 11:45 am
I agree with letting them finish the season. I also think it makes a difference how tall she is and her build.

My daughter was born in April so I just bought dresses for spring/summer of that year she turned three.

amother
Cornsilk

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 11:45 am
The summer before kindergarten

amother
Mimosa

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 11:47 am
In ysv. When she turned 6 I had her put a skirt on top of her leggings when leaving the house. She’s super active so I prefer her wearing pants at home than skirts and guests/friends seeing her underwear.
I’ll add that she’s tiny. Off the charts. People think she’s 3.

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 11:52 am
amother Brunette wrote:
I agree with letting them finish the season. I also think it makes a difference how tall she is and her build.

My daughter was born in April so I just bought dresses for spring/summer of that year she turned three.

I’m surprised I got a few responses saying 3, my very yeshivish Lakewood relatives all stop pants at 4.

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 11:54 am
My kids are very tall so we go straight from onesies to dresses at age 2. But if they happen to choose a shirt and leggings it's fine till 4

amother
Cherry

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 11:56 am
JPF from Passaic.
Around 4..

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 11:56 am
amother Mimosa wrote:
In ysv. When she turned 6 I had her put a skirt on top of her leggings when leaving the house. She’s super active so I prefer her wearing pants at home than skirts and guests/friends seeing her underwear.

Thanks. Sending to YSV next year.

amother
Jasmine

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 12:00 pm
By 4

Sometimes 5 depending on the kid- how tall and the activity were at like on a Sunday trip to horseback riding she can wear pants

amother
Ecru  

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 12:05 pm
amother OP wrote:
I’m looking for responses specifically from the in-town JPF (“just plain frum”) community, not from the yeshivish or MO. The type of typical YSV families in Monsey or Mesores families in Flatbush.

At what age do you transition your daughter to only skirts/dresses?

My older daughter stopped wearing pants at age 11. My younger daughter is 8 and doesn’t really wear pants anymore, her choice. My older daughter has a summer birthday, so she stopped wearing pants after the summer she turned 11. Meaning she wore pants that summer, but once school started, she didn’t wear pants anymore.

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 12:09 pm
amother Ecru wrote:
My older daughter stopped wearing pants at age 11. My younger daughter is 8 and doesn’t really wear pants anymore, her choice. My older daughter has a summer birthday, so she stopped wearing pants after the summer she turned 11. Meaning she wore pants that summer, but once school started, she didn’t wear pants anymore.

What type of school do you send to? Do most girls in their class do the same?

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 12:15 pm
amother Jasmine wrote:
By 4

Sometimes 5 depending on the kid- how tall and the activity were at like on a Sunday trip to horseback riding she can wear pants

Thanks, this makes sense to me.

amother
Blueberry  

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 12:19 pm
amother Mimosa wrote:

All my girls from when they are toilet trained, if wearing skirts/dresses with socks wear bicycle shorts under.
there is never a reason for anyone to see their underwear.

amother
  Ecru

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 12:27 pm
amother OP wrote:
What type of school do you send to? Do most girls in their class do the same?

My older one started off in Bais Yaakov, both girls are now in more middle of the road schools. My younger daughter has some girls who wear pants and some who don’t. My older daughter was in BY through elementary school, most girls stopped wearing pants before she did. The older one really only wore pants in the summer, because she had a uniform during the school year, and also it’s cold where we live so the extra layer was very helpful.

amother
Anemone

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 12:29 pm
My daughter wore pants until she went to real school 4s. (she is one of the oldest so she was almost 5)

amother
Fern

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 12:38 pm
I'm OOT sorta-yeshivish, so not exactly the demographic you're looking for, but close enough.

We do tznius according to when they're introduced in school. So skirts when they start "real school" at age 4 and pants aren't allowed there. Long sleeves when they start wearing uniforms, which is usually a year or two later. Knee socks when that becomes the school rule a few years later (mine are at an OOT BY).

hodeez  

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 12:45 pm
Like 18 months, then she wore pants only when it was really cold until age 3 I think

amother
Bluebell

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 1:02 pm
Im yeshivish lite/jpf.

We asked our Rav and were told at 6 to transition to skirts only.
So thats what we did. (But her school at age 4 already required skirts so she only wore pants on off days)
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics