Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
I am very curious about not making aliyah
  Previous  1  2  3 10  11  12 15  16  17  Next

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 9:26 am
amother Babypink wrote:
I never said that people in yeshivish circles “think” something is automatically wrong with families making Aliyah. In fact I would probably have the same reaction of awe as you if I heard of a family making Aliyah. I said that often it just IS atypical people making Aliyah. Do you personally know anyone from your yeshivish circles who made Aliyah? Are they completely totally typical?
I know some typical in town yeshivish families that made aliyah. it is NOT unheard of.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 9:28 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
I know some typical in town yeshivish families that made aliyah. it is NOT unheard of.

I never said it’s unheard of I said it’s a very small minority

amother
Outerspace

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 9:30 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
But just because you dont know any does not mean there arent any. I know many such families.

Please answer my question that I posted twice above (why the need to share Rav kook on this thread- what was the posters intention if not to prove they are right and we are wrong)?

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 9:31 am
amother Outerspace wrote:
Please answer my question that I posted twice above (why the need to share Rav kook on this thread- what was the posters intention if not to prove they are right and we are wrong)?
No, not to show she is right, but to show her point of veiw.
Thats dont in so many threads.

amother
Outerspace

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 9:38 am
amother Babypink wrote:
I never said that people in yeshivish circles “think” something is automatically wrong with families making Aliyah. In fact I would probably have the same reaction of awe as you if I heard of a family making Aliyah. I said that often it just IS atypical people making Aliyah. Do you personally know anyone from your yeshivish circles who made Aliyah? Are they completely totally typical?

Sadly I don’t in my current community.I wish I did though, I wish it was easier for these type of families to find a place.
I do see “modern” families going (some of them have gone and came back)

small bean

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 9:41 am
I have 4 siblings who made aliyah. They are all normal and all are happy living there.

amother
Outerspace

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 9:41 am
If this were the case it would be presented with positivity not negativity. Negativity equals judgement.

For those who are still unsure here is an example:

Positive: we made Aliyah 10 years ago and love it. It was so challenging but B”H we made it work. I really wish everyone would know that it is possible to overcome barriers. If you’d like to hear more please ask me

Negative:
Oh please, you can’t go, we had all those barriers and more. We did just fine. And anyways our mitzvos are actually worth more than yours

So you see the difference here?

Success10

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 9:44 am
small bean wrote:
I have 4 siblings who made aliyah. They are all normal and all are happy living there.

What do you think was the common denominator in all of them moving here? Was there a lot of love for Israel in your upbringing, or school? Anything that stands out as you as a key reason?

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 9:49 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
But just because you dont know any does not mean there arent any. I know many such families.

Do you REALLY know “many” typical mainstream in town yeshivish families who made Aliyah who don’t fall into the categories I described in my posts?

small bean

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 9:49 am
Success10 wrote:
What do you think was the common denominator in all of them moving here? Was there a lot of love for Israel in your upbringing, or school? Anything that stands out as you as a key reason?

I'm not really sure because not all of us want to go. Both my brothers and forsure 3 sisters dont want to. My parents always wanted to live there and moved when my father retired. 3 out of 4 of them were already living there. The last one, I think it was combination of her adult sons learning there and the current political landscape, covid and spiritual reasons. She only moved a year ago. She has 13 kids Kah, 3 married living in Israel...

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 9:50 am
Sadly I don’t in my current community.I wish I did though, I wish it was easier for these type of families to find a place.
I do see “modern” families going (some of them have gone and came back)

Yes that’s exactly the point I made

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 9:50 am
amother Babypink wrote:
Do you REALLY know “many” typical mainstream in town yeshivish families who made Aliyah who don’t fall into the categories I described in my posts?
Have you been to rbs? There are many typical yeshivish familes.

small bean

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 9:52 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:

Also beitar has a bunch that I know from lakewood. Regular yeshivish families.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 9:53 am
small bean wrote:
Thank you. I wasnt sure about beitar. Smile

small bean

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 9:56 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Thank you. I wasnt sure about beitar. Smile

Thing is you wont find my type in not squishy neighborhoods. I live on a few acres in a 5000 sqft home. You can't get that in Israel and even if you can get large amount of land, it's not yeshiva people.

Last edited by small bean on Sun, Jun 23 2024, 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 9:57 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:

I’ve never spent a lot of time in RBS but from my experience meeting American-Israeli girls from RBS in camp/seminary many came from more MO American backgrounds or just not typical yeshivish American backgrounds. They came from families that were more out of town, were not raised “sheltered” in America like the more yeshivish communities. Most had parents who were professionals, many of them doctors, which is very rare in communities like Lakewood. Most were very “normal” there was nothing wrong with them obviously! But in general yeshivish people are not raised with a strong idealism for making Aliyah so when someone does there’s generally a strong motivator for it that is not simply “love for Israel”.

I only got to know the girls themselves not the parents who actually made Aliyah so I can’t definitively tell you what their parents motivation was. But from the adults who I DO personally know who made Aliyah, I already described the categories they fall into.

BTW I forgot to add, BT is another category of people more likely to make Aliyah. Becoming a BT is a radical act just like making Aliyah is so it makes sense they’d go hand in hand. It takes a certain personality type to do both acts.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 9:57 am
small bean wrote:
Thing is you want find my type in not squishy neighborhoods. I live on a few acres in a 5000 sqft home. You can't get that in Israel and even if you can get large amount of land, it's not yeshiva people.
And your point? Many people who make aliyah know that they are giving things up. And they are ok with that. That is part of making that move.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 9:58 am
small bean wrote:

Interesting! I know there a big “controversial” push a few years ago in Lakewood for families to form a new community in Israel, are those Lakewood families from a group like that?

amother
Ballota

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 9:58 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
You keep repeating yourself and so I keep repeating myself. They are not looking for noticably jewish looking jews. They kill and whomever is there as well dies and they dont care.
He wont look for anything to ensure he only gets a jew.
During the last war, one of the missles that was directed toward jerusalem ended up hitting the main water pipes in beit lechem. Thet DONT CARE.

You keep repeating yourself, oh yeah, but not addressing what I say.
I never said they want to kill davka recognizable Jews. I KNOW THEY DON'T CARE. Please stop mentioning this irrelevant piece of info.
Recognizable Jews are just an easier target to identify.
I'm referring specifically to targeted individual terrorist attacks on single/a few people, not large scale war. You know, like the ones we had in the bloody year before the war.
You know what? Just have a look at the 40+ victims yourself. How many were frum? How many of the Israeli population is frum?
There, you got your answer.
Now, where is a recognizable Jew more likely to get killed in a targeted attack for being Jewish, EY or US?
Facts and statistics are stubborn things.

amother
Oldlace

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 10:00 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Just because you didnt learn something it means it is false? I have to find the makor. It may take me some time, but I learned this a long time ago. Do I ever tell anyone this? No, but it is a thing, not false, just not something you learned. And thank you but no, I do not have to relearn things. Can't Believe It

And do you want me to bring a mekor that Israel isn’t officially ours till moshiachs day??
Page 11 of 17   Previous  1  2  3 10  11  12 15  16  17  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions