Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Curious advice on imamother

amother
OP  

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 8:19 pm
Im really curious about this. Do you post advice in category you know nothing about. Not necessarily deliberately misrepresenting yourself just implying?
For example, if someone asks “how do I deal with xyz issues in teenage boys?” And you respond this is what I do …. But really you have no teenage boys.
So curious,
if someone can add a poll I have no idea how to do that

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 8:20 pm
I will sometimes say I’ve seen this done but I’d never say this is what I do if I don’t have the situation.

amother
Glitter

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 8:26 pm
amother OP wrote:
Im really curious about this. Do you post advice in category you know nothing about. Not necessarily deliberately misrepresenting yourself just implying?
For example, if someone asks “how do I deal with xyz issues in teenage boys?” And you respond this is what I do …. But really you have no teenage boys.
So curious,
if someone can add a poll I have no idea how to do that

I have 6 teenaged brothers, and several more brothers in law. So I may give advice based off on that. But I don't present it as if I have teenaged son's.

amother
  OP

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 11:09 pm
amother Glitter wrote:
I have 6 teenaged brothers, and several more brothers in law. So I may give advice based off on that. But I don't present it as if I have teenaged son's.

This was just an example but you would specify that in your response?

tigerwife

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 11:12 pm
Take every response with a cup of salt. Of course there are posters here answering in complete fiction just for the fun of it. With the overload of anonymous responses, accountability is lessened as well. Be wary of believing everything you read here.

I don’t believe every response is made up- maybe 5-10%.

singleagain

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 11:49 pm
95% of the time I put a disclaimer but sometimes I forget and I hope that people remember that I'm a frequent username poster and will remember

When I first posted I used to disclaim all the time all the time because I was so insecure about maybe that I didn't belong here because I'm no longer married and I don't have kids and I have like very little experience but earlier to just say my piece but I will never present it as absolute fact. I'll usually say like in my experience or whatever. And if it's like a weird thing I will say you know like my friend's kid or my brothers say this or whatever

By the way, what sort of poll do you want with what options? If you're reply to that I can go edit it, as a mod

tweety1

Post Thu, Aug 01 2024, 7:40 am
Never ever. Why would I?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette