Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info
Manchester Seminary BSS advice

Motherof2+2

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 6:31 am
Good morning. Couple of questions. Firstly, we have to pay for laundry IF we do it at BSS...is there some other alternative? Secondly, is there a place she can buy normal things...like we don't need to pack shampoo etc...right? Thank you

Any advice/tips/wise words about Manchester or seminary in general would be greatly appreciated.

amother
Bergamot

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 6:36 am
There is a laundrette down the road, but if you are coming from oot I recommend that she not shlep all her laundry there. I assume the alternative is girls doing it at home - BSS get a lot of local girls, who would much rather bring their laundry home to do it there.

There is a Lidl and small Sainsburys 5 minute walk down the road where she can get supermarket basics, and plenty of other shops within walking/bussing distance.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 8:41 am
For convenience, it's best to pay and do laundry at Sem. If your daughter has a chessed family she will be helping, she can ask if she can use their washing machine.

There are plenty of stores where she can buy toiletries etc. As PP mentioned, there is a Sainsbury close by and town is just a quick bus-ride away.

amother
Garnet

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 8:45 am
Def don't need to take toiletrees etc.. I shlep in from England to elsewhere Wink
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info